“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family and I generally stay at this hotel in Winnipeg due to the nice play area for our children. I am going to mention that we are IHG Members, and I highly recommend anyone who isn't already a member to go ahead and sign up. It's free, and if you are a frequent traveller or stay in hotels often the benefits can really add up.

We were very pleased at our check-in with this hotel as we stayed on December 23 2013, and upon arrival we were told we were being given a complimentary upgrade to a Suite. The suite was beautiful and the kids were blown away by the size of the room. It was a corner suite with two queen beds and a pull out couch in the living room, as well as a dining room table with chairs, and a kitchen sink, cupboards, mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The TV's in both the main area and bedroom were both good sized flat screens. The room was very clean and like I said, very spacious.

The play centre, as always, was a hit for our 3 children. The pool was very warm, which I was pleased with! The fitness centre was clean and is well maintained.

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Airport West and will definitely be returning for future visits!

Room Tip: We favour corner rooms due to their size. From this experience alone we are likely going to upgrade...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Mandy W,
Thank you so much once again for your continued patronage and your most gracious comments. I really appreciate getting the opportunity to share such wonderful comments with all of our team.
I am thrilled you were happy with your upgrade as that is always a nice treat. I hope you and your family had a happy and healthy Christmas and all the best for a Happy New Year. We look forward to your return visit.
Bruce MacKay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here last night on a comp. night as our kids theme room in May was a shocking experience .... When the air cond. quit working at around midnight at 3 am I went down to get a few fans because it wa 35 degrees c .... Management said they would like to come into the room and reset it.... I said no as my wife and 3 kids were still trying to sleep.... As I checked out I said I would not pay for the room as everyone had terrible sleeps .... They stated that it was my fault for not letting maintenance in to repair it at 3 am.... After much argumenting they mailed me a gift certificate wich we used last night... No need for air con when it is ~ 40 c out lol .... The rooms leave a lot to b desired .... 4 bunk beds the children loved ..... Our queen felt like sponge and plywood garbadge! The rooms r so tiny that there is not even enough room to have a table in them to sit and have a family dinner... U are forced to use the pool area.... I will not b returning here again and would recommend others look elsewhere for there family weekend in winnipeg .....

• Stayed December 2013
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear farmsincanada,
Thank you for taking the time to commnet on your most recent stay with us. I am extremely sorry you did not have the opportunity to enjoy either of your stays. With respect to your stay in May, we would have only wanted to correct the situation with the A/C unit.
For this stay, our kids rooms are designed with the kids in mind so yes, they are smaller than a normal guestroom.
I apologize that you feel you need to seek alternate accommodations when in Winnipeg and I respect that. We will be undergoing a very significant renovation this year and I would hope that you might reconsider.
Happy New Year.
The Pas, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed there so my young girls could have some fun, & they did in the pool and indoor play park. BUT... The room was small, dirty/dusty in corners, old cracked sink and didn't come with a microwave (we had requested it). We ended up having to re-arranged the desks in the room because we couldn't leave our baby sleeping in the playpen by the outside wall...it was Freezing cold! (She obviously had trouble sleeping the first night, & caught a serious cold by the 3rd day). Plus, Saturday night party in one of the ballrooms kept me up all night. Was not impressed overall with the stay, but at least the kids had fun. Should be updated (2nd floor rooms) if they are going to charge such high prices.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank DaisyThePas
Dear DaiseythePas,
We are very sorry you did not have a very enjoyable stay with us during your most recent trip to Winnipeg.
Your comfort and satisfaction is our main goal and we would have certainly moved you to ensure you were comfortable. Your comments go along way to assist with our ongoing training and I really appreciate your honesty.
I certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.
Happy New Year.
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I travel to Winnipeg about once a month and have tried various hotels in the area. While a lot of them are very nice, this one has the "above and beyond" characteristic.

From the moment you enter the hotel and are greet by the doormen/women, and the friendly desk staff (who manage to remember your name), to the good food and service in their hotel resaurant and bar.

While not over top as far as new and all the latest and greatest, the rooms are very clean, bed comfortable ( with selection of pillows) and towels are nice.

Fresh cookies (always a winner with me) at night. They also offer free shuttle service to the mall and area. Underground parking (great for winter). Free Wi-fi. And they have a wonderful Pirate themed big pool area and a climb/slide for the kids.

I was also impressed with their fitness room. I would like to see it stay open a little longer (only open until 10), it was very clean with a good supply of disinfectant to wipe down machines, clean towels and the good selection of equipment was all in very good working order.

With a Keg and Boston Pizza across the road (as well as a liquor store for those who care), you are not limited to eating just at the hotel.

Location is great! - I wouldn't want to stay downtown any way. Jump on Portage Ave and you can be anywhere in just a few mins.

Kudos to the management and staff of this hotel. Nice job!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Calindac64,

I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate your comments on your stays with us. It is always a pleasure to be able to share comments such as yours with our team. Everyone tries extrememly hard to ensure you are comfortable.
We are very fortunate to be able to offer the type of fitness facility and pool area to our guests. Everything we did in there was designed for the sole comfort of our guests. We would be happy to allow you longer access to the fitness centre when you are in. Please contact our Manager on Duty and we will ensure you have the time you require.
Thank you again for providing such a wonderful review, your ongoing patronage and we look forward to your return visit.

Blaine
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Visited Winnipeg for a wedding (coming from the U.S.) and stayed at this hotel.

The rooms were very spacious, the front desk was very p,easing. Nice restaurant - we ate. Real fast there and it was prepared well and a good value.

Extra fun - this hotel has a small bank of slot machines (VLT)! A number of other hotels in Winnipeg have this entertainment too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear EmeldaBlaine,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay in Winnipeg. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed yourself and I really appreciate your comments on our staff. Everyone tries very hard to ensure all of our guests are comfortable.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your return visit.

Ontario
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Awesome experience. The staff go the extra mile and are extremely helpful and friendly.

The restaurant services a fantastic breakfast!
Would definitely recommend this location. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by.

Room Tip: get an executive room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margc_11
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Margc_11
Thank you so much for recognizing the efforts of our team. Everyone works extremely hard to ensure your experience is a pleasant one.
Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.
General manager
aldergrove
Reviewed 7 September 2013

stayed here in August 2013 for 6 nights. found the hotel great. checking in went very smoothly and the staffon the desk were excellent. Room was very nice,had been updated,very clean and lots of space. Could have used more hangers though,I guess I could have asked for more,most hotels never have enough,especially if you are there for then one night. The hotel was very busy but didn't have any problems with noise,especially as there were many kids running around. Used my points for this stay,so it was especially good value.

Room Tip: I always go to the highest floor available
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank cznana
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear cznana,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with everyone. We are extremely pleased that you chose us for your home away from home. I am sorry we did not provide enough hangers for your stay. Next time you are in please let us know and we will ensure they get to your room as quickly as you do.
Thank you again for staying and we look forward to your next visit.