Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West
US$169
US$157
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsplay structurekids eat freeboston pizzapirates coveunderground parkingping pongpool arealife jacketsfamily friendly hotelportage avefront desk staffhotel restaurantbedroom suiterooms are cleanpull out couchhot tubfull kitchen
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Holiday Inn was chosen while my husband was undergoing surgery at the Grace Hospital. Upon registering we were informed that the hotel had a special rate for hospital patients and the receptionist adjusted our booking accordingly. The underground parking was a bonus. They have a shuttle that will take you to the hospital and return you to the hotel. The girls at the front desk were helpful and asked how my husband was each time I returned to the hotel. During a stressful time a little kindness goes a long way. I felt that the hotel was my refuge during a difficult time. I chose a room on the Executive floor which is secure and very quiet. The Wi-Fi was useful and a newspaper was delivered each day. Breakfast at the hotel was very good, however the evening menu was basic but adequate. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear BlossomWinnipeg,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on your stay with us. It is tough enough to take this extra time but when you are dealing with health issues, it makes your words even more heartfelt.
We are pleased we could be your home away from home while running back and forth from the hospital. Just knowing everyone is on the mend makes it all worth it.
We look forward to your return visit when you can both relax and enjoy yourself.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My wife and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Airport, in Winnipeg. We have been very impressed with the modern look of this hotel. The hotel is located close to the airport while at the same time being minutes away from the things we need for entertainment...movies and restaurants and polo park mall. Rooms were clean and restaurant was surprisingly very good as well. My wife ordered the market salad with chicken, good portion and pleasant service. All around highly recommended. We will certainly stay here in the event we return to Winnipeg.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank h s
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear h s,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed all of our outlets, your room and the businesses around our hotel. It is always a pleasure sharing comments such as yours with our team as they feel appreciated for their efforts. I can't thank you enough for that.
We hope your journey home was a safe one and we look forward to your return visit.
General manager

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Upon arrival we were happy to see that there was ample parking for Hotel guests. We were greeted assigned to our room in a friendly manner. Our reason for staying was to attend a wedding on the premises. It was very convenient to enjoy the evening and not have to drive home. There is a 24 drug store across the street. The room was comfortable and fairly clean. The table & dresser needed extra wiping as there were some spills that were missed. Fairly minor. The bed was clean and comfortable. In the morning, we went down for breakfast but noticed they were having major staffing issues and could not handle the breakfast crowd. We left and went else where for breakfast. Overall, our stay was comfortable and convenient. We would stay again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 99Fifi99
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear 99Fifi99,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us this past July. We are pleased you were happy with your accommodation but I do apologize you were not able to utilize our retaurant. Unfortunately everyone arrived at the same time and yes, overwhelmed everyone.
I do hope you get the opportunity to return and enjoy it like you should.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment and hope we get the opportunity to host you again upon your return to Winnipeg.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family and I generally stay at this hotel in Winnipeg due to the nice play area for our children. I am going to mention that we are IHG Members, and I highly recommend anyone who isn't already a member to go ahead and sign up. It's free, and if you are a frequent traveller or stay in hotels often the benefits can really add up.

We were very pleased at our check-in with this hotel as we stayed on December 23 2013, and upon arrival we were told we were being given a complimentary upgrade to a Suite. The suite was beautiful and the kids were blown away by the size of the room. It was a corner suite with two queen beds and a pull out couch in the living room, as well as a dining room table with chairs, and a kitchen sink, cupboards, mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The TV's in both the main area and bedroom were both good sized flat screens. The room was very clean and like I said, very spacious.

The play centre, as always, was a hit for our 3 children. The pool was very warm, which I was pleased with! The fitness centre was clean and is well maintained.

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Airport West and will definitely be returning for future visits!

Room Tip: We favour corner rooms due to their size. From this experience alone we are likely going to upgrade to suites at this particular hotel for future stays. The suites are on the higher floors so it tends to take a while to wait for elevators at busy times (breakfast, check-in & check-out)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mandy W,
Thank you so much once again for your continued patronage and your most gracious comments. I really appreciate getting the opportunity to share such wonderful comments with all of our team.
I am thrilled you were happy with your upgrade as that is always a nice treat. I hope you and your family had a happy and healthy Christmas and all the best for a Happy New Year. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here last night on a comp. night as our kids theme room in May was a shocking experience .... When the air cond. quit working at around midnight at 3 am I went down to get a few fans because it wa 35 degrees c .... Management said they would like to come into the room and reset it.... I said no as my wife and 3 kids were still trying to sleep.... As I checked out I said I would not pay for the room as everyone had terrible sleeps .... They stated that it was my fault for not letting maintenance in to repair it at 3 am.... After much argumenting they mailed me a gift certificate wich we used last night... No need for air con when it is ~ 40 c out lol .... The rooms leave a lot to b desired .... 4 bunk beds the children loved ..... Our queen felt like sponge and plywood garbadge! The rooms r so tiny that there is not even enough room to have a table in them to sit and have a family dinner... U are forced to use the pool area.... I will not b returning here again and would recommend others look elsewhere for there family weekend in winnipeg .....

• Stayed: December 2013
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear farmsincanada,
Thank you for taking the time to commnet on your most recent stay with us. I am extremely sorry you did not have the opportunity to enjoy either of your stays. With respect to your stay in May, we would have only wanted to correct the situation with the A/C unit.
For this stay, our kids rooms are designed with the kids in mind so yes, they are smaller than a normal guestroom.
I apologize that you feel you need to seek alternate accommodations when in Winnipeg and I respect that. We will be undergoing a very significant renovation this year and I would hope that you might reconsider.
Happy New Year.