“One of Winnipeg's Best...”

Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 9 June 2013

As a loyal Starwood Property (Sheraton family) customer, I accumulate close to 100K member points each year and use them at various Sheraton hotels in USA and in Winnipeg.

This location used to be a favorite, but if memory serves correct the rooms used to have mini-fridges but did not this time. And, the member points requirement for a night's stay has almost doubled from what it once was and from what I can "still" stay at a Sheraton Suites "Resort" hotel in Tucson (a weekend getaway spot for us...living in Phoenix).

The location is a drive from almost everything, but still a decent location nonetheless.

Hotel worth staying at compared to others in Winnipeg. But, not great on the value received for Starwood Members using points for the stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2013

For an out of the way hotel, the Four Points Sheraton in South Winnipeg provides great value. The hotel seems new and the rooms are very clean and updated. We stayed there as we were attending a wedding about 30 minutes away. There is a nice lounge and restaurant and the staff are very accommodating. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Winnipeg area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OakvilleGirl_13
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Oakville Girl_13

I have read your review and we really appreciate your kind words. We have recently recieved the Excellence award from Trip Advisor, thanks to our friends like you! We are a bit out of downtown in the quiet suburbs as you know, and the area is quickly developing around us with many great things, including the new Investors Group football stadium and entertainment complex.

Hope to see you again soon, next time you are back out this way.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 May 2013

A very nice looking hotel with a small bar and cool pool with coloured lights. There is also a hot tub. The showers are equipped with high quality shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in a dispenser. The beds were INCREDIBLE. Location is great because it's not too far into the city, but there are still plenty of nearby restaurants, stores, and a liquor mart next door. One negative point was that the thicker curtains are restrained and therefore could not close to block out the light that shone in. Also, the heater kept coming on even though we turned it off so the heat kept us up all night.

Room Tip: The pool is on the second floor, so if you want to be nearby that's the spot!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this property - the first being a few weeks ago. During that stay, I visited the lounge to grab a bite and watch some sports on TV. Having asked for a recommendation from the staff on what was good, I ordered the fish and chips. Quite possibly, it was the worst I've ever had. Doughy and soft - full of breading and lacking on fish. When I was asked how it was and I gave my honest feedback, the waiter shrugged and offered to have another order cooked which I declined.

What really has motivated me to write a review is my experience tonight. I just laid down to go to sleep and I felt that the mattress was damp. Much to my horror, when I pulled back the bedding, I found the mattress soaked in urine. Saturated. How this made it past housekeeping I do not know, which begs the question, how clean is everything else?

I have changed rooms and expect some sort of compensation in the form of SPG points, but due to this most recent experience, I will never stay at this Four Points ever again and will recommend that my work colleagues stay away as well.

As a traveller who spends upwards of 100 nights in hotels every year, this is probably the most disgusting experience I have ever had.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank threejack

To Mr. threejack

I appreciated the chance to speak with you directly about this situation and to share with you the results of our investigation. Once again the room you were in was vacant for the 4 days prior to your arrival. Obviously with your review here, you are still dissatisfied even though you accepted Starpoints and your room was fully comped.

As far as your dissatisfaction with the battered 'Fish and Chips" you ordered, having too much batter. The menu description states, "Beer Battered Cod". In the future, I do recommend the pickerel dish with no batter, if you like fish.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel, we did recently receive the award of excellence from Trip Advisor and hope you'll give us another chance. I appreciated speaking with you directly about this situation. Please know that you can always contact me personally in the future should your travel plans ever take you back to Winnipeg.

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights after a not so nice stay at another hotel up the street. Staff were pleasant, helpful, courteous and remembered our names. Rooms large, clean, beautifully decorated and most importantly very quiet! Sheets and bedding luxurious. Best price of any hotel in south Wpg too. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Preferred Guest
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Recently stayed at the Four Points while in Winnipeg on a week long business trip. The hotel was exceptionally clean with quiet rooms that allowed for a good night sleep. All the staff that I encountered where friendly and attentive. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Winnipeg. The only suggestion for improvement for this hotel would be the addition of safes in the room as I found I was more comfortable carrying my passport with me instead of leaving it in the room, but if there had been a safe I wouldn't have hesitated utilizing the safe for my passport and other valuables.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The one outstanding feature of this hotel is the quietness of the rooms. Being a newly refurbished property it offers all the amenities of a modern transitional style hotel with a great staff. Whether your there for one night or a meeting, the hotel is an ideal fit for any business traveller or local wedding facility. I was especially impressed with the design of the lounge bar, offering an open concept with comfortable sofa and chairs. I highly recommend this hotel for the location, free parking and great staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business