“Best place to stay on the Wellington strip”

Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Churchill MB
“Best place to stay on the Wellington strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I stay at this hotel at least once a month in my travels. It is always comfortable and clean. I love the staff. They always remember me and greet me with a smile. The beds are very comfortable and soft and the bedding is amazing. Lots of pillows. I've never had a problem with the coffee maker, microwave or fridge or hair dryer. I am sure if I did they would rectify the problem. There is always 2 bottles of free water and a chocolate which I have only found at this hotel and love that they supply it. Some times the little things make you feel good! The air conditioning always works well. As I say, if there is ever a problem (because problems do occur, things do break down) you just have to call and ask for help. They have free movies, a sports bar and the food in the restaurant is good. Their pizza's are the best. Room service is great. They do have a computer with free access. No Wifi. If you want to complain about the price then it is not for you. It offers many convinces. We have to pay for convinces. Remember to ask for gov't rates if you happen to work for the government or senior rates.That brings the rates down and makes it fairly comparable to the other hotels down the road (which are just ok). There is a rent a car place beside the hotel. You can leave the car in the rent a car parking area to save you hotel parking. The bus terminal is also beside the hotel. Taxies are always in front of the air port. Tim Hortons is in the terminal. What more could you want for the price they ask for?? Man, people will complain about anything just to complain. I highly recommend this hotel. Just remember not everything runs smoothly at all times and if that happens to you just tell them and I am sure the front staff will do what ever they can for you. I know I will be back this month and always look forward to my home away from home! My opinions of the other hotels in this area are.......Victoria, dirty (have given it a couple of chances. They do try and gave me a room free once but I would Pay the extra 25.00 at the Sheraton).......Hilton (ok but have had things stolen from my room and dirty bathrooms) Green wood comes in second over the Sheraton. Good luck with your choices! Pick the Sheraton! Oh yeah, I have never been bothered by the planes and noise. It is there but yet not loud enough to bother you. You are staying right at the air port!! Doesn't give one a right to complain really.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
FPWPGAirport, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to know that if you do ever experience a 'bump in the road', you know you can bring it to our attention and we will do everything we can to fix the situation for you. That's just about the best thing we could hear. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!!

Cheers,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

Attached to the airport, so very convenient. Has a bar, restaurant and business centre. Breakfast is expensive, but other meals are reasonable. Restaurants in terminal are another convenient option. Rooms are comfy, not huge, but clean. Gym is good, equipment is well maintained. Bar is getting run down a bit, and is generally understaffed. I stay fairly frequently. Upgrades aren't super common, but they do happen. AC is somewhat inadequate, so if you like it cold, it's pretty difficult to go below 70, even in the dead of winter. Hotel doesn't have free wifi, which is a shame, but they have free high speed internet. Cables are provided. If you NEED a quiet room, I would recommend one of the odd number rooms, as they face away from the airport.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

Room was clean, quiet given attached to airport terminal, didn't find it out of date like other reviews but maybe I was in a newer area. Heat control was quiet. Restaurant staff were excellent, most front desk staff good but the somewhat arrogant supervisor training the new staff. Coffee makers in the room do not work with the coffee supplied-not the right match-makes colored water. Expensive for the area. NO wi-fi in the rooms, only cables if you can believe that.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
FPWPGAirport, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2011
It's great to hear you found our rooms comfortable during your stay with us. Once we complete our property renovation, we will have wi-fi service in ALL of our guest rooms! Our coffee makers are all new and we are working with the manufacturers regarding any glitches. If there is every any issue with anything in your room, please bring it to our attention so we can ensure you have everything you need.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

I stayed here twice for meetings I had in Winnipeg. Each time I stayed overnight and booked a meeting room.
I chose the hotel for its convenience. This worked out well. I didn't even need to wear a coat as the hotel is connected to the terminal.
The staff was very helpful in organizing my meetings, and were always friendly, efficient, and upbeat.
The rooms are just fine, but the decorating is a little tired in the unrenovated rooms. The beds are great and the hotel is very quiet considering its location close to the airport. Only a very few airport noises get through even if you are in a room facing the airport. You cannot hear the planes overhead or landing but can hear the occasional turboprop revving its engines for taxiing away from the terminal. I believe odd-numbered rooms face away from the airport, if this is a concern for you. I stayed in rooms facing the airport and had no trouble sleeping at all.
The restaurant was a surprise. It doesn't look like much -- no tablecloths, a small room behind the bar, no view -- but I found the food very good. I especially liked the Greek salad and the local pickerel. The local Fort Garry draft beer is tasty, too.
I would definitely stay here again for meetings in the Winnipeg area.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room not facing the airport.
1 Thank HecG
Thank you for staying with us AND for taking the time to review our property, service and food! We're very glad to hear everything went well for you and we look forward to showing off our newly renovated rooms in the near future. You should be very pleased! Hopefully on your next stay, you'll be able to try one of our pizzas, we're kind of known for them.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Starwood Platinum Here...

This place is a dive. Rooms are super outdated and filthy, and the nightly rate commands a hefty premium over other hotels in the area. When you walk into the lobby you'll probably think the entire hotel is just as nice. Don't be fooled, it isn't.

On the plus side, the staff aren't that bad and the location cant be beat. It's right next to the airport and connected with a walkway into the terminal. Handy if you have a 5:15 flight to YYZ and its -40 outside.

If you can stay elsewhere, save your money and do it. The Four Points down on Pembina is a much better choice if you have brand loyalty to Starwood.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
FPWPGAirport, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
As a Platinum SPG member, you know better than anyone what to expect from a Four Points by Sheraton property and our staff. We're sorry to hear you didn't feel we met your expectations. We always encourage all of our guests to let us know if they feel anything isn't up to standard or if they are uncomfortable during their stay, so that we can do our best to ensure the rest of your visit is pleasant and enjoyable.

We are gearing up for a full renovation of our property (except for the new expansion rooms) within the next few months, and hope that you will return to see all that we've improved.

Take care.
Bissett, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

I have stayed in many hotels in the Airport area, I thought staying here would be a nice hotel. I found the price was totally off the wall compared to the same quality if not nicer hotels in the area. You can stay just blocks from the Airport that offer free shuttle to and from the Airport for at least $60.00 a night cheaper.
The hotel could do with an updated look. The furniture was old and worn, and the bathroom was totally out of date. Our room even had a discoloured mark in the bottom of the tub where a bathmat use to be.
I found the check in process was long, and they take photo copies of your id, never had that before, kind of felt like I was going through customs.
You also had to pay another $7.50 for parking over and above the room. Would not recomend this hotel to anyone. Go up the road to the Greenwood or the Sandman, for a much nicer hotel for a much better price.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
FPWPGAirport, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Thank you for reviewing our property, we really appreciate feedback and take guest comments to heart.

While we're only 10 years old, we are aware guests want fresh and new. We do too! We just opened our brand new expansion a few months ago and will be renovating our hotel from top to bottom in the coming months. You'll notice wonderful improvements when we're done. It's very exciting.

We look forward to showing off our new space and hope to see you again next time you're in town.

Take care
Cochrane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

This hotel is in a great location, steps away from the airport. Check in was very quick and the staff are great. The rooms are very basic and the furniture is looking beat-up with chips/scratches. But the beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean.

The restaurant was very good. I had the best lox and bagel ever for breakfast!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
FPWPGAirport, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfast! Thank you very much for reviewing our property, guest opinion means so much and goes so far.