“Good Mexican”

La Bamba Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Bamba Restaurant in Winnipeg is the only Authentic Mexican Restaurant. All dishes and salsas are made from scratch at the restaurant. Considering the area we are in, Osborne Village. Besides our traditional and authentic menu, we also created a Vegetarian and Vegan Menu. We hope you are able to find us since we are tucked away and our entrance is on the side of the building that bares our address.
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I really liked La Bamba. The food was delicous, however the best part was def the home made tortilla chips and salsa to start with. The restaraunt was a little confusing to get into because you feel like your going into some basement of some random building but once inside it is coulorful and warm. The server was excellent, so friendly without being fake. I would def come here again.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Good service and quaint atmosphere. A mexican restaurant that pays some attention to the appearance of the food and doesn't just slop it on the plate? Yes. Everything isn't covered in cheddar cheese and ground beef? Yes. Tasty pretty authentic food. My wife was not a huge fan of the salad, but the moles and enchiladas were great. We'll be back.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

My family of four (myself, wife, 13-year old son, 11-year old daughter) recently had dinner at La Bamba's Corydon location. All four of our meals were good with great flavour but the overall experience was average at best. Items that detracted from our experience were:

- Our food took a long time (~40 minutes) to come out after ordering where we observed other tables, some of whom were seated after us, being served substantially quicker. We didn't push for an explanation and none was offered but it would have been good to have known beforehand if we ordered something that takes longer to prepare.

- Our meals were lukewarm. While they weren't stone cold I would have preferred them to be hot.

- My wife and I agreed that the portions were small for the price. For example, the enchilada dishes are two smaller enchiladas, accompanied by a serving of rice and re-fried beans. We left sated but by no means full. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Mexican restaurants in other cities but I would have expected the meals to cost $2 - $3 less, or for there to be more food on the plates.

I don't want to leave you with the impression that I didn't like La Bamba; I did, just not that much. I would go back but would likely consider other options before La Bamba.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stopped at the donwtown location for lunch. Only one server but she was brilliant. Fast, informative and pleasant. The food came quick but we never felt rushed to leave.

Food was hot and tasty. There are not many Mexican resturants in Winnipeg worth mentioning but I would return to this one.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

My husband and I used to LOVE this place when it first opened - it was authentic, delicious, and had a great atmosphere. We went back with another couple last night and were a little disappointed. The tortilla chips and homemade salsa while we were waiting were still awesome, but their menu has changed and some of our favourite dishes were no longer available. As well we noticed that a lot of the dishes are very "Americanized" and not as authentic. It's too bad because this place really had a good thing going!