“Best Mexican in the Peg”
Review of La Bamba Restaurant - CLOSED

La Bamba Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Bamba Restaurant in Winnipeg is the only Authentic Mexican Restaurant. All dishes and salsas are made from scratch at the restaurant. Considering the area we are in, Osborne Village. Besides our traditional and authentic menu, we also created a Vegetarian and Vegan Menu. We hope you are able to find us since we are tucked away and our entrance is on the side of the building that bares our address.
winnipeg
“Best Mexican in the Peg”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have been to all 3 locations. My fave is Corydon where the service has been top notch. After honeymooning in the Mayan we had a family party at La Bamba Corydon. We took over the back room with a kids table, slideshow, balloons. It was a great night and the server was more than accomdating. The food will satisfy the discerning Mexican palate. Its a fabulous place!

• Visited January 2013

Canada
“Delicioso”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have been to both la bamba on osborne and la bamba on corydon. The service was spectacular, the food was amazing and authentic tasting, with generous portions. Even the refried beans are aaaaamazing! I am craving it right now! I highly recomend this restaurant

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Mexican, at last!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Winnipeg has for too long suffered from a lack of good, as in real, Mexican food. It's wonderful now to have not only one but three La Bamba restaurants in the city. My favourite is the original in the Village, at Confusion Corner. Everything is delicious, the genuine article. My wife and I enjoy it all, but particularly the enchiladas and the flautas. The service is always good, the welcome genuine. I recommend it highly.

Winnipeg
“Good Mexican”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I really liked La Bamba. The food was delicous, however the best part was def the home made tortilla chips and salsa to start with. The restaraunt was a little confusing to get into because you feel like your going into some basement of some random building but once inside it is coulorful and warm. The server was excellent, so friendly without being fake. I would def come here again.

• Visited November 2012
Steinbach, Canada
“Solid Mexican food”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Good service and quaint atmosphere. A mexican restaurant that pays some attention to the appearance of the food and doesn't just slop it on the plate? Yes. Everything isn't covered in cheddar cheese and ground beef? Yes. Tasty pretty authentic food. My wife was not a huge fan of the salad, but the moles and enchiladas were great. We'll be back.