“Ok hotel....not impressed”

Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park
Ranked #49 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 25 August 2013

When I arrived they gave me a room on the first floor ( in fact that is the basement ). The room had a window that, for my surprise, opens to the floor level of the kitchen of the hotel's restaurant. If you open the curtain, the people working at the restaurant can see inside of your room. There is no natural light in the room. The cell signal is zero in this basement room. When I went to the front desk to ask for another room, I was informed that the entire second floor was entirely reserved for CN (Canadian National ) employees. The only choice was going to a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park.I do apologize for your less than perfect experience at our property, it is a very busy time of year and our hotel rooms sell out incredibly fast, and at the time of your stay we did have a large number of rooms dedicated to CN Railway.
I can assure you that we dont have a basement level at our hotel, it is actually Ground Level, I can also assure you that we have addressed the room view and it is being remedied.
As our guest, you deserved better. I would like to request that you contact me directly so I may "Make this Right" as outlined in our Service Guarantee and commitment to Guest Satisfaction.
I am confident that given another opportunity, our Team will demonstrate the true nature of our hospitality and our property as a true Destination Centre. I do look forward to speaking with you.

204-958-5010
allan@canadinns.com

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I would like to express my experience at the Canad Inns Windsor Park as a wonderful time for myself and my family.
The staff is always smiling and very approachable. From Front desk to house keepers and servers in the restaurant.
They made our stay feel like we were all at home.
The rooms are comfortable and affordable and the dining area is so so clean and the food was great - love the soups!!
Thank you for a stress free stay we really appreciate the extra mile the staff has done for my family.
Keep it up!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 615franca43

Hi 615franca43,

It brings great joy to our Canad Inns Family to know that your family had a great time and enjoyed their stay.
"Going the extra mile" is another way we demonstrate our commitment to service excellence; I am also pleased you were able to visit AALTOS Garden Cafe and enjoyed our SOUPS !
Once again, Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park and we look forward to seeing you and the family back again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We visit Winnipeg 2 to 3 times a year and stay here every time. We have been staying here for years. The Staff is so friendly and warm we feel so at home. We like the location and the rooms are comfy and the food is great. We wouldn't think of staying any where else. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We're a military family from Winnipeg and will *only* stay here. Affordable, fun and helpful. Lots for every age to do so we (and the kids!) are never bored. The restaurants, the club, the casino, the pool and especially the water park keep us all very busy and very entertained. Can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Hi Military_M0m2009

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did and for your kind words.
Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park is truly a Destination Centre with Multiple Meeting Rooms, Banquet and Conferance Centres, 54 hotel Rooms, Pool area equipped with Kiddie Pool, Hot Tub, and Waterslide, Playmakers Gaming Lounge, Cowboys Roadhouse the true home of Country music, and Stereo Nightclub & Event Centre Which can transform any event into a multifasceted interactive experience with our State of The Art Video, Lighting and Sound System, and last but not least our AALTOS Garden Cafe which is renownend for its Fantastic buffet creations and delicious foods.
We are minutes away from multiple family attractions and we are a favorite amongst families travelling with little ones' to large sporting teams looking for some relaxation.

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here two weeks ago for a few days, and absolutely loved it. The staff was terrific, the service was great, and we enjoyed the food. We only have good things to say- everything was exactly as we would expect from our online research. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi J S,

I would like to start by thanking you for your kind words and for choosing our Destination Centre for your accomodations while in Winnipeg.
We strive for excellent customer service and it seems we succeeded.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

What a great place !!!
It seems off the main path and because located next to neighbouring businesses wasn't sure what to expect. Rooms were great, food was Amazing! I have yet to encounter such friendly staff that took the time to interact not only with me, but with my niece too. They made her feel like she was just as important if a guest as the one paying the bill, me.
I highly recommend this location for any traveller especially families !

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ChellaLynne

Hi ChellaLynne,

Thank you for the kind words, I have passed your message onto our agents.
We strive for excellent customer service and its great to hear of your fantastic experience at our property.We are family oriented and believe in "families serving families" ! Thank you for letting us serve yours.

SIncerely,

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed their for 2 nights and the service was great!! I had no issue with noise from the bar being next to one and the beds are very comfortable!!

I have stayed here before and enjoy the options they have for rooms as well as the staff have always been friendly to me when I stayed.

• Stayed: July 2013
General M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Hi Dave_026,

Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park on your recent stay,
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the room amenities and our brand new beds !

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,