“Great place to stay for business or pleasure”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg
Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Regina, Saskatchewan
“Great place to stay for business or pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

This was my second time at this new hotel, and the service is top notch. The staff went out of their way to help (once dealing with the computers in the lobby, a staffer helped scan and email items to me when the computer was on the fritz) Also the shuttle drivers were great and offered to take my husband downtown and pick him up after a big concert. The rooms are decent and fresh, the only thing I would recommend is that I got a room without a bathtub, rather a big shower which was nice but if I was wanting a bath I would have been disappointed. I have never been in a hotel room without a bath but I guess this is a newer concept. The other time I stayed I had a regular bathroom so it's something that I would have liked to know when I booked the room. Besides that, it's in a central location near the Polo Park mall, not downtown which was fine for us. Easy parking, and a nice hot breakfast selection.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub make sure to get a room that has one! Some only have showers.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Kenora
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in Feb and again for 4 weeks this summer while undergoing medical treatment. The hotel staff was great - greeting me by name right from the first, enquiring how my treatments were going and available for the limo when I needed it - well beyond what I expected from them. The rooms were clean and ready for my arrival - with the requested fridge- after returning home on the weekends. I especially appreciated the "medical" rate - which I knew nothing about until the counter staff advised me that there was a special rate - another way of going beyond in my opinion. This is the only place I will stay from now on!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed in a suite for 3 nights while attending a wedding. The hotel offers a free first come first serve shuttle within five kms of the hotel. The front desk clerks drive the shuttle. During our stay there was a snow storm and we got caught out in terrible weather - the staff came and picked us up at 10 pm with many cars off the road and few taxis around. The driver was really wonderful. The room was great, and hot breakfast a real bonus. Great stay!!

• Stayed November 2012
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed here for two weeks due to a training course. The room was pleasant, clean, modern and spacious, the only thing it lacked really was a fridge, though I believe some rooms did have this. Breakfast was basic but had all you need. Internet access is available from 2 computers in the Lobby and I found the staff here to be very helpful and pleasant. The free shuttle to the airport and downtown was very helpful and not usually offered on this type of hotel I find, it even came to pick a group of us up after a late boozy evening! There is a small pool which is really just for the kids, with slides etc, but nice all the same. All in all a nice place I would recommend and a cut above other Travel Lodge/Holiday Inn type hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

This is a newer hotel. It was very clean and location was great. Free parking and good breakfast. The pool was great for kids and adults. Staff were very welcoming and went above what is expected. This would be where we would stay when travelling through Winnipeg again. Great value for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
nanaimo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

My experience with this hotel started with the shuttle from the airport.I was told they would be there in ten minutes,they were there in five! Unbelievable service,everything is spotless,the rooms out of this world!Great breakfast,as well.All this for the price they charge,what a deal!Twice they made the shuttle available to us!Great pool as well.I believe there are so many hotels out there that need to learn a few things from the Fairfield Inn...

Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I can`t say enough good about this hotel. Clean and new. Excellent staff. Reasonable prices. To top it off there was a shuttle to pick us up at the airport and take us to the train station the next day. The shuttle was also available to take us to and from dinner! Every hotel should use Fairfield Inn as an example of excellent service. Highly recommended.