“Enjoyable!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is the hotel for both parents and kids! Friendly, clean, and nothing was missed! Suites offer two flat screen TV's, fridge, microwave, 2 double beds, pull out sofa, Ipod docks, large bathroom. Nice decor, as well. Hot, complimentary breakfast, and a large pool with a waterslide,workout room, spa in the pool area. The kids we had with us enjoyed all the features of this hotel. Excellent staff. Definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a young family, the suites and breakfast are a definite value.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pellattgirl
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback, and for your great comments about the staff; they all work so hard and really appreciate any feedback, but such great recognition is a real booster for them, they really take pride in their work, ensuring that every guest feels welcome and at home.

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and on my first trip to Winnipeg I was looking for a full service Marriott or Hilton but there were none. I took a punt on this hotel and was pleasantly surprised.
Selecting a suite gives you two flat screen TVs, a microwave and fridge, stereo with ipod dock, king bed and a sofa bed. I didn't use all of those facilities but I would have if I spent more time in the room instead of the office.
The front desk are extremely polite and helpful. The gym is small but functional with treadmills and free weights. The pool is usually full of kids so I didn't use that.
Only two negatives for this hotel. One, it desperately needs a restaurant. They are building another wing so loads of construction happening but that will not include a restaurant. Not much in walking distance to eat except McDonald's. The mall is close though and the hotel runs a free shuttle to anywhere local so that mitigates it slightly. The second is location. It worked for me as its close to my office and the airport however to get downtown involves a drive through the ghetto so lock the doors. The ghetto is actually pretty close by so you get the odd beggar or crazy in the car park but generally I would not say its unsafe. Plenty of families stay there. The breakfast is a bit of a letdown but its free and Starbucks and McDonald's are close by. Overall excellent and I will be back

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank goonerbiker
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Booked online with Priceline for a three night stay. Arrived late on a Friday and we were picked up by Patricia who was a very positive start to our stay. She was very nice to us. Next day the pool and water slide was a great facility for our family visit. Kids had a blast.
Room was excellent as was the breakfast each day.

The hotel shuttle even delivered us to our car rental location and picked us up late Sunday night.

The staff were all excellent! We will be back again when we return to Winnipeg for our next family visit.

Room Tip: Best place for families with kids to keep them happy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 3 June 2013

One of the nicest Fairfield Inn's I've stayed in during my business travels. Clean/Comfortable rooms, Friendly staff, Good Breakfast, plus the pool has a water slide! And yes, I went down the water slide a few times during my night swim!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DFS13
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Booked this hotel using an on-line service. Price was great. Front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. Ride to airport and even gave me a ride to a near-by restaurant to meet friends and offered to pick me up! It's a small hotel, but renos are planned for near future. Very close to the airport. Lots of kids milling about, but there is a pool and water slide, so that's to be expected. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again if price was right.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Managed to get a last minute booking in a very nice room by the helpful staff at the desk. Ended up with a king suite which included the separate living space. Came to about 170 for the night taxes in. Everything was VERY clean in the room and the design was nice.
My problem was with the room facing west overlooking the Shopping centre parking lot. Lit up the room over night because there is only a light curtain to cover the window and nothing heavier to block out the city light and sunlight early in the morning. All I remember from my sleep is continually waking up looking at a Walmart sign. The rooms would benefit from a heavier curtain.

The parking lot was very full and tough to park a larger truck but the location was nice for seclusion from passers by. No random people walking through. Felt safer leaving my vehicle there.
A huge plus was the complimentary shuttle service when traveling only a short distance.
Front desk employees were also friendly as well as cleaning staff that I did run into.
There is construction going on adjacent to the hotel but noise wasn't really an issue. I did stay Friday night/sat morning and there were only a few guys building that I didn't notice till I was outside. No noise issue. Layout of the room was also nice because of where the bed was you didn't hear hallway noise over night.
Breakfast is your typical continental. Clean prep and serving area with fresh items. Eating area was a little messy and tables weren't wiped down. Not a huge deal but again it was a little busy in the morning so I understand. Staff was doing their best to keep up.
Very solid 4 soft 4.5 overall. Would take an east facing room next time I'm there.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Brettww
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield for the first time last night. The hotel is very nice, The pool area is great for the kids, although a little on the cold side. I was greatly disappointed though when coming off the waterslide and hitting my leg on the "bench" that is at the end? What a horrible place for a bench to be put. It needs to be a different colour from the rest of the pool to be noticed. I am leaving the Fairfield with a huge blue goose-egg on my leg.

When we checked in to the hotel, I was told that the gas card we were to get was upon check out. That was ok, but when we checked out the woman at the front was clearly preoccupied with something else and did not give us the card. We had paid an inflated rate for the gas promotion. When we called, the lady who answered the phone argued with my husband and said that we received it at check out... um, no, we most certainly did not. She finally agreed to mail it out to us, who knows if that will come in the mail.

On making the reservation on the hotel website, I had asked for extra pillows, and extra towels. Unless 3 towels in the room is extra and 3 pillows on each queen size bed is extra, we did not receive any extra towels or pillows. Honestly, our room only had 3 towels and 3 hand towels. We requested a playpen or crib in the evening. We had to call twice and it took an hour to get it to our room. When we called the 2nd time, the front desk attendant sounded really annoyed that we had called. Sorry, we thought it was a service the hotel provided. And we paid $179 for the room. As far as value, I would not stay there again. As far as staff, not very friendly, the breakfast was nice, apart from the eggs being rubbery and nasty. Waffles were a nice touch, too bad they ran out a substantial time before the breakfast was over.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a nice family getaway for the same price, go to the Clarion.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family