Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg
  • Fitness centre
Victoria Inn(Winnipeg)
US$129
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool areafree breakfasthot tubhappy travelstrain trackspolo parknewer hotelfront desk staffthe breakfast areashopping and restaurantsfree weightsking suitecheck in was smoothhot breakfastshuttle servicebreakfast was excellentclose to the airport
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Even though this parts of the Hotel is under construction the staff here strive to make your stay very comfortable. I stay at a lot of Marriott's and the staff here is some of the nicest that I have talked with.
This is my second visit and I will be back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JS R
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hi JS R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your time with us in Winnipeg, the whole team have read your comments, it is always very motivating for them to read about a guest's experience. Thankfully the construction work is now almost complete and we look forward to offering much improved facilities to our guests.

Kind Regards

Guy Hamilton

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Travelling on business and decided to stay overnight in Winnipeg after flying in late. A new hotel property is being built in front of the Fairfield but it is owned by the same people. I believe it will fly under a Hilton property flag.
My rate was quoted as government rate for a two queen bed room, by taxes all in I was out at $141.00 per night with a complimentary breakfast in the morning.
I appreciated the free airport pickup and return.

Room Tip: Don't get excited when you see all the construction mess. They have an excellent order out menu for late night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank D P M

Thank you for your comments, DP M, we were all pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel, and that the construction did not impact your stay at all; the construction is almost complete now and we will soon have 2 beautiful properties to choose from, its a very exciting time.

Guy Hamilton

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. While I was here, there was a construction crew working on what appeared to be a second building for this hotel. Did not affect my stay at all. Hotel was clean, up to date, and everything worked. Staff were very courteous and friendly. Amenities were modern and well maintained. Hotel offers a full complementary hot breakfast - unfortunately I didn't get the chance to try it. Location is far enough east on Ellice Ave not to have major issues. Close to the airport and lots of other services. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Corey H
Reviewed 20 October 2013

In the past 2 weeks I've spent a total of 6 nights in this hotel. There is obvious construction going on which customers are advised of both on the hotel website and when calling the hotel directly which is nice to know prior to booking. As I was in Winnipeg on business I was never at the hotel during the day when the crews were actually working, so I was not bothered by it. The parking lot is a bit cramped, particularly when driving a larger SUV or truck. I'm hoping with the expansion more parking is added that offers bigger stalls for these types of vehicles. While the complimentary breakfast offered served it's purpose, it was the exact same every day which did get rather boring after a few nights. I'm sure a bit more variety could be offered. I really appreciated the shuttle service offered by the hotel which I used each day to the downtown area. I truly hope that once expansion is done thought is given to having a second shuttle as the one they currently have seems to be quite busy on a regular basis. The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable, and room temperature was very easy to adjust. Most of the staff are quite friendly. My particular favourites were Patricia and Kiran. The hotel is lucky to have 2 very lovely, personable employees working for them. Both ladies were always quick to smile and welcome you back each day, and were always willing to help in anyway possible. Thanks to these 2 gals for making my stay a positive one. I will be staying at this hotel again in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank avb789
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Returning from a trip to Churchill on Hudson's Bay, we spent one night at this facility. It met all our expectations of Marriott hotel quality. Good beds, clean and well maintained room and bathroom, good included breakfast.
An additional plus is the location of the hotel in easy walking distance of Westview Park, a hill that might be the highest point in FLAT! Winnipeg. Not counting the downtown office towers, of course.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple