“Weekend Night”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg
Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have stayed in this hotel in the past and it has been pretty good. We did encounter a couple of issues this time. The heater cover was loose and falling off. We called and it was fixed, but it must have been noticeable to the cleaning staff. The hot tub element was not working and the foam in the tub was probably 3 inches thick. The wall near the entrance of the room was quite dirty. I had booked the deal with the 25 dollar gas card and on checking in, was told that it would be made available on checkout.....kinda strange, as any other hotel incentive I have received was given at check in. Long story short, after waiting 25 min or so to try to get the gas card at checkout time ( they could not get into the safety deposit box where they kept them) I was told that I would receive a 25 dollar credit on my room.....didn't happen. Luckily I had asked for an e-mail receipt that arrived 2 days later, and NO CREDIT. I had to call back to the hotel and at this time I am waiting to see if the credit will be applied to my Card. This hotel is not cheap, and I have not stayed at it for the last year or so because of construction nearby, but I have seen a definite downturn since my last stay. With so many new hotels in the area, I would suggest trying another one. It is a fairly new place, but is prematurely showing its age.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HeavyDB
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Overall, we were happy when we stayed here..its a clean hotel that offers delicious free hot breakfast. Nice spacious rooms with comfortable beds. Lovely pool area for kids. Free shuttle service within 5km of hotel..would come back next time :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Audiodrive
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a quick business trip to Winnipeg. It is obvious that construction is still taking place in parts of the hotel and so you have to deal with that.

My room was very clean and comfortable. It included a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, tv, nice desk chair and excellent wifi. Front desk staff were helpful and bill was under my door when I woke up. The breakfast was average and the coffee was okay.

My experience was the staff were eager to serve and working at getting everything up and running smoothly. I would have rated the hotel higher if the construction was finished and I did have a glitch with the tv.

I don't think you can go wrong staying at this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ottawaone
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Booked the Fairfield through Expedia at the last minute. There was a blizzard outside and I needed a place to stay for the night on short notice. The front desk had a problem finding my booking when \i checked in. I think Expedia mixed up the booking, not the hotel. However, after a 30 minute delay I got a room and all went well. The room was clean and comfortable. The parking had ample space with plug ins. There was coffee available 24/7 and the free breakfast had many choices. I will stay at this Fairfield again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Hi Stan

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel, everyone was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you hope to return soon. Hopefully the weather will co-operate with you next time!

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Recognizing importance of being objective. Overall, would probably stay there again if there was a discount or special. CAA rate brought it to 110 per night, plus taxes. Check in was efficient, Price was a little high for what you get. Clean. Mattress a little hard. Spacious bathroom. Room unit heated room quickly, a little noisy when you would turn it down and instead of just switching to fan, it would cycle on the air conditioning (in January. In Winnipeg). Bathroom didn't seem to have a heat source, so would be quite cool when getting out of the shower. TV had HD channels. Breakfast wasn't anything special. It did have scrambled eggs and sausages and the standard waffle maker (but only 1, which means long lines). Pastries and muffins seemed to have lots of preservatives - gummy. Didn't see the pool area, but looked like it could be good for families. Parking lot did have electrical plug ins. Reasonably close to shopping and restaurants in the Polo Park and St. James area.

Displeased at checkout - clerk was Stephanie. I had a Marriot gift card purchased a few years ago for $50, never used, which I wanted to apply to my bill. After several minutes of fiddling with it with her scanner and keying in the number, she told us it wouldn't work because it had to be reactivated and we had to call Marriot. I'm sure it worked fine when it was activated and Marriot took the money for it, I didn't like that because the card isn't working now, and being treated that it is somehow my problem. Rather than showing good customer service e.g. calling Marriot rewards herself or getting a manager, she just brushed us off. Maybe because the room was already on my credit card and paid for. We were in a rush, and I didn't want to argue because she obviously didn't care, so we left. When we got home, I called Marriot gift rewards, who verified within seconds that the gift card was valid, and there was no need for it to be "reactivated." Now, full credit to this customer service rep who said she was going to take care of this herself and call the hotel directly to have the gift card credited to our stay against my credit card, and within a few hours, we had a phone message that she had done just that. What I don't get is why Stephanie couldn't be bothered to call the number herself and assist us right when we were checking out instead of brushing us off. Yes, there were other customers, but she could have called a manger or another clerk to assist. When there are lots of hotels to choose from, it doesn't take much to lose a customer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such a comprehensive review of our hotel Markonefive, we were all pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, however we offer our apologies once more for the confusion on your expired gift card, but we were pleased to see that it was resolved successfully.

We all look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My Friend and I stayed at this hotel during the Roar of the Rings which is a curling event held in Winnipeg to choose the two qualifiers to go to the Olympics. We were very pleasantly surprised with not only the comfort of the room but more so even by the quality of the staff. Not only were they efficient but extremely friendly and courteous. In particular the people who were working during the complimentary breakfast made us feel so welcome. The breakfast was very good with alot of choices. I have never seen that many choices and the staff kept it fresh. I also enjoyed the all day coffee. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Vicki H,

Thank you so much for your kind comments, it is very gratifying for the team to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the hospitality at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, it truly sounds like you had an amazing stay here and I'm glad we were able to contribute to that.

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and we hope that you will return again in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Yet again Fairfield Inn did not disappoint. The front staff were super friendly and more than willing to help! Their shuttle which operates 24/7 is the best thing when you are in town and need to get somewhere and do not want to try and find parking. We stayed at the Fairfield as we had a company Christmas Party to go to and it was great to be able to park our vehicle and with their shuttle we got a ride to our event and they came and picked us up. The rooms are clean and so roomy!
Will stay here again FOR SURE! Thank you for always being so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Once again, thank you Danielle for your wonderful comments, it was great to see you again, thank you for your loyalty; the whole team were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and they also send their thanks for the high praise.

See you again soon!