“Great location..good place to stay”

Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel
Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
yyc
“Great location..good place to stay”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Good place to stay, and was clean..good location...would recumbent staying here. Customer service was good as well. Club regent is a place to go and see, and its a place that is good to go and visit in the Winter.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveltop8282
Andrew M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments.

I will be sure to share with our team here at Canad Inns Club Regent Casino Hotel.

Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Frankly, I wasn't sure if I was staying at a CanadInn or the Select Inn in Grand Forks - you know, the motel that is parked beside an industrial Caterpillar dealership.

There is no reserved parking for hotel guests. This leaves you scrambling for a parking space with all the casino goers. Not good if it is very cold out and you need electricity for your block heater.

The room itself was typical for your modern day *motel* (notice I said motel, not hotel), because that is what it felt like. The bed I slept in was no better than the ones at a Super8 and the pillows they provide is like laying your head on a cider brick. I had a horrible sleep.

I found it very strange that their water park is under construction. You would figure it would be finished after 3+ years? That is nitpicking, but an observation nonetheless.

The wife and I finished our excursion by getting gouged by the hotel restaurant - $52 for two brunch meals and two coffee.

This "hotel" exists only to serve the casino goers. It is obvious to me that it simply could not survive on its own merit. At $120+ per room per night, there are plenty of other hotels in Winnipeg that surpass this one simply by existing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Canad Inns Club Regent Casino Hotel we apologize for not meeting your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and use all feedback as learning tools with which to improve our service delivery. We have shared your comments with our team as an opportunity for improvement.

Concerning the parking, New Years was definitely busy with two large events in the hotel and unfortunately all five dedicated rows for hotel guest were full. There is definitely ample parking at the hotel with 1000 parking stalls and if a guest has an issue starting a vehicle in the winter we have battery backup on property.

Beds are definitely an individual preference and we are disappointed that you did not have a restful sleep - we try to keep on top of replacing old product and usually keep a supply of unused beds for this reason.

I would like to speak to you further on this and our special New Year's Day buffet and can be reach at 204-654-8499.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Andrew

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

CindyG11
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This property is very convenient to casino. Front desk were very helpful at all times, very pleasant.
The restaurant was good at the casino and in the hotel.
Would highly recommend this to all as it has shopping down the street, casino and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CindyG11
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind words.

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The internet here is garbage. I am running up a huge bill by tethering from my phone for the duration of my stay. The buffet downstairs is hit and miss
In the bath room is a sign saying that the ventilation is always on. It's a crude joke because no bathroom ventilation in any of the rooms we had worked at all.
The view from a coworkers room showed nothing but a wall.
The air conditioner in a coworkers room didn't work and mine rattled noisily just running the fan. You can hear it from outdoors.
A coworkers xbox did not work on the local Internet at all. Never mind the poor connectivity, console gaming is banned from their network.
Someone from the staff walked into our room one night by accident while we were sleeping, which woke us.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you very much for your comments.

We know that internet and access to is very important and demands are ever increasing. We do review demands and make every effort to ensure guests with increased requirements are situated in priority zones.

Your concern in regards to bathroom vents is understood but we do have rooftop units in place so that our customers are not inconvenienced with fan noise.

Thank you once again for your comments and allowing us the opportunity to learn.

Ottawa
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I spent a week in the regent Casino during a business trip. I found the rooms to be pretty typical of a chain type hotel. They were clean for the most part. My room had a small fridge. When I opened it there was a bit of a funky smell that I could have done without. The rooms were clean and I found the cleanliness to be pretty consistent throughout the week. My only real annoyance was the cleaner not refilling my coffee in the morning, so I was left to head out the mcdonalds next door for my fix in the early morning. I left a message requesting more, and my request was filled (with an extra coffee pouch too). Our view was underwhelming. There is a snow dump in the rear, so looking out the window I would see a mountain of dirt covered snow. I suppose it make me feel a little more at home, given the rest of Winnipeg is so flat. The front desk staff was very friendly and greeted me when I went by on the way to the elevator. The casino was pretty nice as well. Lots of machines and a small area for cards. They have one of those 'aquarium tunnels' that you walk through, with lots of fish all around you. The coworker I was travelling with and I headed down to take a look at the buffet, and after asking to see it first, decided to pass. Very few choices, and it really looked like the food had been under a heat lamp for a while. It didn't seem to warrant the somewhat hefty price. The immediate area doesn't have too much around. There is a mall a 10 or 15 minute walk away with a Target, and a few fast food places, but otherwise it's somewhat industrial. For the decent price, I would stay again if I'm back in Winnipeg for work. While we were there there was some minor construction on the casino side, but this did not affect my stay at all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thanks so much for your comments which give us an opportunity to learn. You'll be happy to know that the snow is back but we've been enjoying lots of cold with bright sunny days!!

You will also be happy to know that the construction beside the hotel is nearing an end and we expect the Casino to open the new entertainment facility early spring and the walkway will be brand new and improved.

While the Casino offers an assortment of food choices, our AALTO's Restaurant also has nightly themed buffets, daily breakfast specials and an all day salad buffet with a minimum of 52 items.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Canad Inns Club Regent Casino Hotel, we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Heading home from a family gathering, found ourselves too tired to keep driving coming down Regent, so we decided that rather than take any chances, we'd take a room for the night and continue the final two hours of our drive the next morning. A room was available, $149. The room was pretty standard, not nearly as nice as the Brandon CanadInn accommodations. Seemed to be a lot of construction going on, but it didn't affect our sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda D
Andrew M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Dadiva47:

Thank you for sharing your comments. The construction you noted is with the Casino expansion which includes a new multipurpose concert hall for up to 1500 people. In the back, the parking lot is being redesigned to make way for a new entrance to the facility. While I was glad to hear it didn't affect your sleep, it is something I do monitor as we can influence certain construction times.

Thank you for your comments.

Andrew Meyer