“Worst food ever in Winnipeg”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Water Lily East Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,113 of 1,655 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Worst food ever in Winnipeg”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Worst food ever I have had in my life....if you know Indian food taste please DO NOT GO there and waste your money....I will not recommend any one this place. I am Indian, so I know what I talking about.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Kapil M

kamloops
“Amazing Indian buffet”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I don't usually do the buffet in any restaurants this however was a pleasant surprise. There was a wide variety of dishes to choose from my favorite was the tandoori chicken and the butter chicken as well as the curry lamb. With so many items to choose from I just not have a chance to try the mall however they all looked very good.

A very good value at only $18 for dinner, I would highly recommend this restaurant and I look forward to future visits during my time in the Winnipeg.

• Visited March 2014
Manitoba, Canada
“bland”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I honestly do not understand what people like about this place. My friend and I had the buffet and each ordered Naan Bread. The Naan was not at all fresh, fluffy, or chewy- it tasted like they just heated up pre-made pita bread. I'm a huge fan of Palak Paneer and this stuff was so bland it was hard to eat. Everything was VERY bland. I tried everything on the buffet and not one thing was really any good except, maybe the butter chicken. The vegetable pakoras were undercooked and raw in the middle. The staff was friendly. When the owner (who was very nice so I did feel bad about saying this to him) came by to ask how everything was we mentioned that it was all a bit bland, and he said that he does it that way because people don't like the spices. I have a feeling that those who like this restaurant don't actually like Indian food but like a Westernized, watered down version.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kylie13
Winnipeg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Indian food!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Went for supper with a friend and we had the buffet. The appetizers were so good and the main dishes were just delicious! Excellent service.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I visited the waterlily restaurant is really nice and very reasonable place for dinner. love the place and the food there specially Aloo Tikki Chaat, naan breads, Chicken Mughlai, Beef Vindaloo, Goat biryani.will surely go there next time

• Visited November 2013