“GIVE ME MORE!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Also called Pizza Hotline
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Excellent thin crust pizzas! Very intimate, cozy atmosphere. Was happily surprised by this quaint chic restaurant. When in the Cordyon neighbourhood you must try this lovely place!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We discovered this restaurant at least 8 years ago and still go at least 5 or 6 times a month. It's comfortable for a quiet chat in a booth or for a large group in the back room. Best pizza ever, with good choices of wine available. It's under renovation now so we will see what happens but you can't beat the food and atmosphere!

1  Thank BettyBoopWinnipeg
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was talked into going here for lunch and frankly I am glad. The food was very, very good and reasonable priced. I had the personal meat pizza on regular crust. I could not get past half of this pizza as it was loaded with meat and delicious. The other half made a great evening treat. My friend had pasta which was equally good. The service was very friendly and a bit slow but it was lunch time and it wasn't for any other reason than the fact that they were busy. I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Capette123
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I just visited Cafe 22 on Broadway. I thought it would be terrible for two reasons: (1) the reviews on Trip Advisor and (2) every Winnipegger knows that the place for cheap mediocre pizza in Pizza Hotline, aka 222-2222. From what I understand, Cafe 22 was started as a restaurant attached to the Pizza Hotline pick-up/take-out locations, i.e. if you already have a commercial pizza kitchen going, why not provide some seating and call it a restaurant.

I was very pleasantly surprised! The pizza was much better than Pizza Hotline (which I never order because it's so blah), the service was friendly and the atmosphere in the Cafe 22 on Broadway was very nice. They had a great wine selection, and the 10" unlimited topping pizza was very reasonably priced at about $12. The thin crust was pretty good (but not amazing), but you really couldn't beat the selection of toppings. I had capicollo, mushroom, tomato, eggplant and feta on a wholewheat thin crust.

This is not amazing gourmet pizza like Pizzer Gusto or Carbone, but it is still quite good, especially given the very, very reasonable prices and classy atmosphere. It looks like it would be a really fun place for a group of friends, especially with all the couches and coffee tables they have.

1  Thank WinnipegTraveller045
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I like this place, the taste, the soup is good, the pasta is good, I havent been in cafe 22 corydon, but I like the cafe22 at broadway .
Pizza with pineapple and bacon is delicious. fettuccine alfredo too.

1  Thank claudia_mcp2013