“Very enjoyable stay”

Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Saint John, Canada
“Very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Spent 6 nights at this hotel and selected it because of the good prices and included breakfast. All in all, great value. We arrived a bit early to check in, but our room was made available within 15 minutes of arrival. It was a lovely king bed room with microwave and mini fridge. The room itself was quite large and spacious, although the bathroom was a bit tight. It was a bit awkward getting the bathroom door shut. You had to slide in beside the toilet and vanity to get the door shut behind you. The free breakfast was a deciding factor in choosing this hotel, and we weren't disappointed. There was a wide selection of both hot and cold items every day. Everything from scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, waffles, and oatmeal to cold cereals, fruit, toast and pastries. Another added bonus was free snacks and soups available in the evenings until 9pm. We didn't take advantage of this, although we did pop in to check out the menu one evening and it included nachos and salsa as well as pretzels and a soup. Definitely a nice option. We didn't use the saltwater pool, which has a small water slide, but we did take advantage of the hot tub one evening. These facilities are open 24 hours, so at 9:30 pm, we were the only ones there. We didn't use the work out room, although when I looked in I noticed a treadmill, elliptical and weight equipment. The hotel is situated between a Wendy's on one side and a Starbucks on the other, so if you need more to eat, or want a speciality coffee, you have options close by. This hotel even offers a free airport shuttle which we utilized. It is only available during certain hours, and not too early in the a.m. Plus, you have to book it 48 hours in advance. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends, or stay here again if traveling to this area.

Room Tip: Be sure to book your airport shuttle 48 hours in advance.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I picked this hotel based on other reviews and I was not disappointed. We were so happy to stay here and I would recommend it to anyone. The friendly staff make this place. It started with a friendly cheerful check in and continued through the whole visit. It did not matter who we passed in the hallway-the maintenance man smiled and said hello to each one of us. The ladies waiting to come and clean our room in the morning had big smiles and were very helpful. Despite being on a busy road, it was very quiet. I am fussy about cleanliness and I had no concerns here. The breakfast bar was an added plus.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room away from elevators and the road and were accommodated. I know this can...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Bwplus63012, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Pembina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hello,

Thank you such an incredibly nice review. I will be passing along your nice comments about the staff to them. We all take pride in making our guests feel at home when they stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Nicole
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

A great place to stay for a quick March break, close and quick to everything that we wanted to go see. The accommodations are good value for the price and easy parking. Lots to see and do in the area. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bwplus63012, Manager at Best Western Plus Pembina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hello Earl,

Thank you for a lovely review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our prime location offered you convenience during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Front Office Manager
Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I always try to stay at this hotel if I can. They are often booked so are not available when I need them. Staff make the difference - very friendly and helpful. There are often teams and families staying here but I have never had any noise issues. Used meeting rooms one one of my visits and even that was easy and very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Loreen H
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Most hotels take a deposit no suprise I read the other persons rating and couldn't believe they didn't know that. Great Place safe and clean. Great Staff great breakfast. I will always go back here when staying in winterpeg

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
glandryszo123, Manager at Best Western Plus Pembina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am happy to hear you enjoy our breakfast so much. Our staff take pride in making your stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you stay with us again.

Front Office Manager
Dauphin, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've stayed here more times than I can count as a kid with my family, and a few times through high school and as an adult. I have nothing bad to say about this place. The hotel itself and the rooms are always clean and staff is always courteous and helpful. Decent size swim area for kids and families, and the continental breakfast is actually quite good. Lots of parking space outside too. The rooms are really quiet and I always have a good sleep here. Not to expensive either, so this place is a really great value overall.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SabrinaErlendson
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We would definitely stay with this hotel again in the future. The Staff were very friendly, rooms were very clean, breakfast was great, and the pool area has a slide which is a must for our kids. I appreciated that the pool used a salt water system so everyone's skin was not red a dry from chlorine. We were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Tanya M
glandryszo123, Manager at Best Western Plus Pembina Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about us for future travelers to read. It's a delight to know that the kids enjoyed using the pool and waterslide. Hope to see you and your family again soon.

Regards,