“Beware, This is not a place to camp”

Sandy Hook RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
Sandy Hook RV Resort
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Sandy Hook RV Resort, Where do I start; if you are thinking of going here, I would do your self a favor and spend your hard earned money somewhere else. I have never seen owes of a business treat people so disrespectful (especially if you’re a women) the things I have seen, as well as herd, make me want to throw up. They deactivate your card when you have broken there rules to make you go find them to figure out why your card isn't working. Just so they can give you the how to, what not for finger. Like really are we 2? The campers are friendly, but the owners need to learn how to treat humans.

They say as per there web site they are members of the Manitoba Associations of Campgrounds & Parks (MACAP). If you go on MACAPs web site you will find this to be false. If they can’t tell the truth on there website, what else are they lying about?

Camping is to be a family activity, but here there fees are based on a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children. That meaning if you have 3 or 4 kids you will have to pay an extra $100 per child for the year, as that can really hurt a lot of families to have to come up with an extra $100 to $200 on top of there yearly fees. It almost seems you’re getting punished for having a large family. It’s kind of sad, apically when blended families are becoming more common these days. This campground also charges there guest to stay the night. I visit friends in other campground and stay the night for free, so I find this not to be a normal practice but a money grab for the owners.

The owners want you to have newer trailers and have nice lots witch is a good thing to make the park look nice, but when the public restrooms are grouse and paint falling of the door, as well as the kids play ground not maintained. I find it unfair to the people that are spending there hard earned money to make there lots look good and you don’t even own it.

There is a culvert on the road that has metal showing with a hole in it for the last couple of years that has not been fix, just waiting for some little kid to get there foot or whatever caught in it and possibly causing a serious injury.I look at this every time I visit.

I think you get the point. If you want a place where you can have fun, and don't have to worried about wondering if your card will work to enter the park, thinking I wonder if i did something wrong, go somewhere else as Manitoba has plenty of wonderful campgrounds.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank WinnipegWinters219

Reviewed 13 September 2011

The 2011 year was Well traveled this year and spent a lot of time enjoying the spring and summer now its time to write reviews.
The rv park that I'm writing about today is sandy hook rv camp and resort.
My first impression I got was turning off the hi way and going,"this look like its going to be a one nighter stay",but man was I wrong,I loved the gate entrance,the office was well organized and the manager"lady" is very well versed in the knowledge of true camp fever,she impressed me. this is a fully treed camp ground with power water and sewer,trails run thru out the camp,leading to different areas"a hidden adventure".
The activities are wonderful,halloween at a decent time for the kids as well as live entertainment,seasonal people that I talked too loved the atmosphere and continue enjoying the peace full surroundings,you can actually feel a presents of "family"in the air.
People in this resort are very out going,a smile at every turn of a bush,and if you get lost you can ask with out feeling bad."Then they invite you in for a drink or two"and then send you on your way.
This resort was a true surprise and a joy to stay at,I can see why they have a wait list to get in for seasonal spots,fyi I put my name down.
You won't be disappointed. Tips his hat off at sandy hook.

20  Thank truthshallsetufree
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winnipeg
Park West Inn
Downtown Winnipeg
Fairmont Winnipeg
Fairmont Winnipeg
#7 of 63 in Winnipeg

Been to Sandy Hook RV Resort? Share your experiences!