“Great Customer Service.”

Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Calgary, Canada
“Great Customer Service.”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were very pleased with the customer service at the front desk. The rooms were beautiful and the pool, oh the pool. It was a great visit. When it came to food though, the room service from the Pancake House was a bit pricey when all you need to do is head downstairs and eat there with a significantly smaller bill for the same items you were to get delivered (incompletely). I ordered strawberry pancakes from room service and when they arrived they were cold and lacking whip cream. When I went downstairs I got the same meal, hot and with whip cream. So maybe there is a little issue there, but otherwise, we left happy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Jason,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, it is very much appreciated!

I am glad you enjoyed our spacious Guest rooms and the pool! Our Water Park and Urban Oasis Spa are both very popular with our Guests! As the onsite Restaurant is separately owned and operated, comments such as yours are very important so that we may share your thoughts and work with our Associates to better improve all services of the Hotel.

In addition to the onsite Restaurant, we are very fortunate to be located within walking distance to many, many restaurants & lounges, as well as the Polo Park Shopping Mall which also has fantastic restaurants and an immense food court.

Thank you again Jason, we look very forward to welcoming you back!

Sales Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Dauphin, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Exceptional service from the front desk staff. They really went above and beyond. The Clarion is our go to hotel whenever we go to Winnipeg. On our most recent stay, we last minute requested accommodation for 8 guests, and was given rooms next to each other, spa passes, pool passes for the kids... it was absolutely wonderful! Nothing bad to say about the service at all!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your recent review!

We were all very happy to read your excellent review regarding the Clarion! Our front desk staff prides themselves on their attention to detail and exceptional Customer service.

We do try and accommodate convenient room assignments whenever possible, and we are very glad your group enjoyed both the pool & spa…Our Water Park is a “must do” while staying at the Clarion!

Thank you again and see you soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Was in Winnipeg a few weeks ago (place I grew up in), stayed at the Clarion and had one of their "mock up rooms" wow I thought I was in a boutique hotel, was in LA or NYC, the room was very spacious, well appointed and "modern", staff was very friendly, I would highly recommend this hotel, thumbs up Winnipeg, thumbs up Clarion.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Valentino,

Thank you for your excellent review on our Hotel and the newly renovated Guest rooms, it is very much appreciated!

We are looking very forward to starting our new renovations at the Hotel. This process will begin with all Guest rooms, and will continue into all Banquet / Meeting facilities & common areas! I have also had the pleasure of viewing the new Guest rooms for myself, and you are right, the size and modern style of these rooms are quite impressive!

We look very forward to welcoming our Guests into these fresh and contemporary rooms, as we are quite confident they will be very well received! As a traveler, it is always nice to walk into a stylish guest room with some extra perks…these new rooms are sure to deliver!

We look very forward to your return & thank you again!

Comox Valley, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We gathered at this hotel for a family wedding. it has a great location and is right across from the Polo Park Mall one of Wpg's largest shopping centers. The pool area is great for kids but not set up to swim per se. Lots of splashing about. The only downer was the Pancake House attached to the hotel (leased I believe). One of our family members has two small children. on the first morning she called to order hot chocolate for them via room service as a treat. No, they said, it is not on the room service menu. So she had to get dressed, leave the kids and hike down and get it: $15. Undaunted, the next morning she ordered two orders of scrambled eggs and toast via room service and it took an hour and a half. When the food arrived cold I told the delivery person how unacceptable this was and the duty manager called and took it off the bill. The restaurant is slow too so allow an hour for brekkie unless you are just having toast and coffee. The coffee btw is undrinkable in the restaurant and in the rooms but there is a Starbucks across the street. We were so desperate we walked over at -40!! Not advisable in our West Coast clothes!

Overall we had a good stay.

Room Tip: Our room, 225, was a bit dark over the pool but many of the other 2nd floor rooms face SE so you get...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on “Trip Advisor”. We consider this Website to be a very Valuable tool within the Industry, and it is positive reviews like yours which go a long way!

I am very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that the Hotel and facilities meet your expectations. I am however quite disappointed to learn of your dining / room service experience. You are correct, the attached restaurant is owned & operated separately from the Hotel; however I am happy to look into the possibility of adding Hot Chocolate to the room service menu. We are always open to any reasonable requests our guests may have!

We look very forward to welcoming your Family back, and should you have any special requests upon your return, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you again for your review!

Red Lake, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We couldn't believe how well we were treated while at the Clarion this weekend. One of my children had some homework to finish up. When I phoned the front desk to ask if they had any lined paper available, the staff printed up some lined paper and delivered it to our room! We ordered a cot; there was enough space in the room for all of our suitcases, the cot, and the five of us! We will definiately be staying at the Clarion again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hello Valued Guest!

Thank you so much for taking the time to place your review on "Trip Advisor". I must admit that I am quite new to the Hotel, however one of the very first things I noticed was the outstanding service provided by the Employees to our Guests! The Hotel Staff is truly amazing and we are more than happy to provide these little touches which keep our Guests coming back.

I too was surprised at the size of the Guest rooms. We offer plenty of room types & sizes to suite every travelers need!

Thank you again for your positive review, we look very forward to the opportunity of accommodating you & you’re Family in comfort and style once again!

san diego
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I want to preface this review with the fact that I am a manager at a hotel and am pretty easy going. When my brother and I arrived at our room we could not get the AC on. It is the same system (or so it seems) as my hotel so I thought, "oh, no problem. I'll take care of it." Nope, I finally had to call down the desk to have someone explain it to me. There are three temperature settings apparently. One of the temperature it is, the next of where you want it to be, and a tertiary setting? The first and second setting can be no more that 3 degrees different. No joke, our room was probably 95 degrees F. Hot air was BLASTING out and we could not get it to even turn off let alone cool down. My brother and I ended up getting an ice bucket, with water and cold rags on our foreheads to cool down. When we finally got a front desk agent to come from the desk we were told that since they knew we were from California we were probably just not USE TO THE HEAT?!! HUH? Oh and we "don't use AC in the winter, just the heater." I was beyond confused. The second night a very courteous houseman came and set it to the correct temperature no problem. I'm heading back up to Winnipeg at the end of the week and will not be returning to this furnace.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Allison L, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent of The Clarion Hotel & Suites.
I want to apologize for the confusion regarding the heating & cooling system in your room, and the discomfort this caused you. We always strive to provide the best level of service to our guests, but unfortunately it appears as though we did not achieve that this time.
I am happy to hear that one of our fantastic porters were able to help you out the second night, both quickly and efficiently.

Once again, thank you for your review and for giving us feedback to improve on our services to our guests. We hope you will give us a second chance to show you how great we can be!

Regards,
Allison L
Manager
Wawanesa
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times, there seems to be issues with maintenance, carpets are worn, gym facility is dirty, garbage can piled up with garbage, towel hamper over flowing, no way for a person to clean equipment, floor mats not cleaned, the conferences rooms are not sound proofed enough between each one, very noisy.

The room itself floor wasn't vacuumed well, the room fridge was a bar style fridge no more than two feet high, when staff was approached about a larger fridge it met with indifference.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello Fred C,

Thank you for your recent review of the Clarion Hotel! We appreciate all feedback from our guests, as it helps us to improve and grow.

In regards to our fitness facilities, it is rented out to a third party and we have brought these concerns to their attention.

We are finalizing plans for complete renovations for the entire hotel including the meeting rooms, guestrooms, lobby, and lounge.

All of our rooms come equipped complimentary with a bar fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. We unfortunately only have 1 size of fridge for our guestrooms, but would have been happy to store anything for you if needed. I apologize that this was not conveyed to you.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel for your recent stay, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Regards,