“Tribute Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Tribute Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Clarion Hotel was the right venue of choice for the Tribute Dinner that was held for David Chartrand. The staff were very accommodating and friendly, serving staff were very pleasant and very quick in the serving of the food. The meal was delicious and the dessert was phenomenal.

I have been to the Clarion for a variety of events and I have always been treat well and they have always assisted with my requests or needs.

I would highly recommend the Clarion Hotel for your future events and hotel stays.

Thanks again,
Theresa Lorteau

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Theresa!

Thank you so much for your kinds words after the Tribute to David Chartrand!

We very much enjoyed hosting your group, and were happy to have helped make it such a success.
I will pass on your remarks to our banquet and kitchen staff. They will be happy to hear everyone had an enjoyable evening.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

Allison Lennox
Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I routinely stay at the Clarion on business. I find their hotel to be in excellent condition and all staff are friendly. The hotel is very clean and is in a good location. They have one of the best gyms I've ever seen in a hotel and a very nice pool/hottub area. I have no complaints regarding any of my stays at the Clarion. I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello James,
I remember your group quite well, thank you for your great review!

It was a pleasure working with you & having you stay with us. I am very happy that you are able to enjoy the Hotel amenities during your stays with us, and thank you for your recommendation to friends & Family.

With our renovations now in the beginning stage, I can only expect that your stays with us will become even more enjoyable!

Thank you again, we look very forward to welcoming you back soon!

Red Lake, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, where we ALWAYS stay while in Winnipeg, for 3 nights last week, for medical reasons. I have never been so disappointed with a stay such as this one. As soon as we checked in we tried to log on to wifi on our iPads, since we had been travelling all day we all wanted to check out emails, stc. The Internet was down. I asked about it on our way out of the hotel to go shopping and was told a tech would be looking at it within the hour. Nothing until the next afternoon and a few calls to the front desk. But at least we got connected eventually!
Another major disappointment on the very first day was that the hot tub was out of order, it was completely empty. We were pleasantly surprised to see it filled up and no 'out of order' signs on it the next day, too bad it wasn't warm until the last day of our stay, and they seemed to move the out of order signs to the waterside, which was also blocked off with caution tape, my 5 year old daughter couldn't have been more upset. Especially when 2 older girls along with their parents were just crawling under the tape using the slide. She didn't understand why they could and she couldn't. (I myself couldn't understand their parents either).
We also had a suite with a pull out couch, the couch was so uncomfortable. The springs were poking my mother in law in the back all night! We had to ask for a cot. Which the hotel kindly provided.
Then finally on the last day, one of the elevators was broken, therefore there was only 1 elevator for an 8 floor hotel, the wait was terrible. Having just had a cardiac procedure I was not allowed to do the stairs, so we were forced to wait.
All in all I really do hope that we were just unlucky and chose a bad week to stay, but for the amount of money you spend at a hotel, I expect things to be in good working order. After all that's why we choose it in the first place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I was very disappointed to read your recent review, as this is not the norm for the Clarion Hotel!

I do understand your frustration in regards to the internet not working properly. I have spoken with our Front Desk manager, and I understand that this was due to a problem from our internet provider. Do understand I am not using this as an excuse, only an explanation, which you should have been informed of.

We do understand that when families stay with us, the waterpark is a huge attraction! We do our very best to make sure everything is up and running for all our guests, but there are times when maintenance is required- like the hot tub. When it has to be completely drained and then refilled, it does take a day or two, to reheat.

I do apologize for the couch in your room. We understand that they are in need of an upgrade, which is why we are so excited to be starting complete renovations very soon! All of our guestrooms will get a full makeover including new carpets, wallpaper, furniture, and bedding. I am glad to hear that the front desk was able to provide you with a cot.

In regards to one of the elevators being broken, I know that nothing is more frustrating than waiting for an elevator! Especially in a building with 6 floors, the wait can get long with only 1 working elevator. Be assured that our maintenance crew was working on the problem as soon as it happened, as we never want to inconvenience our guests.

From your comments, I do understand how disappointing this stay was for you, and I hope you know this is not how we want our guests to remember us!
Please contact me directly, and I would love to have you & your family back to see just how great we can be!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Allison Lennox
Manager
Allison@clarionwpg.com
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The few times my work takes me to Winnipeg, MB, Canada, I have stayed at the Clarion Hotel which offers a spa and something I do look for if I'm stain for over 24 hours just as a nice downtime option. The hotel is located just outside of downtown Winnipeg, but in a good area where there are several generic restaurants to choose from with good food. The service was great and the people were friendly and I would suggest this location if you are looking for a work trip or vacation. There is a shopping centre - Polo Park - very close by, many shopping venues and like I said Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Earls, Joey's and many more of these 'type' of restaurants. It's not fine dining, but some nice choices. Nothing to complain about. If you want fine dining I'm sure someone would be able to help you out and point you in the right direction which I will assume would be closer to downtown which isn't more than 10 minutes away driving.

Clean, polite service. Worth the stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear BusyBee,

Thank you for your positive review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites!

We do receive quite a lot of complements from our Business travelers as we are ideally located making it very easy to navigate the City. We are located ½ way between the Airport & our Downtown area!

I am very happy that you are able to enjoy the Urban Oasis Spa during your visits with us, in addition to the Spa; we offer a salt water pool, mineral pool & steam room. We also have the Provinces largest indoor Hotel Water Park with a three story Waterslide, offering our Guests both relaxation & excitement!

As you mentioned, there are many Restaurant options located within walking distance, including fine Dining at Rae & Jerry’s Steak House, located only steps away!

I am very pleased that we have met your expectations during your past visits, and we look very forward to accommodating you once again very soon!

Warm regards,

Richard Summerton
Sales Executive
Calgary AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Thank you to the Clarion for the wonderful stay! Friendly staff greeted us on check in and provided complimentary treats for out pets (thank you for being pet friendly!). Our room wasn't ready, but we were checked into another room that was the same. A clean crib was provided for our 18mo old and the room was fantastic with lots of space in the 2 room suite to move about. The pool and waterslide with waterfall were a hit with the kids and we had a lot of fun! Great hotel....would stay here again for sure. Only downside was the pancake house that is attached. Food was terrible for dinner, go to earls across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Shauno,

Thank you for your review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites, we appreciate the positive feedback!

I am very pleased that our staff was able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We pride ourselves in our Customer service, and in the amenities our Hotel has to offer. Our spacious Guest rooms and Water Park are always a hit with Families, and we are of course happy to accommodate the pets of the Family as well!

I am disappointed to hear of your experience in the Restaurant next door. As the Restaurant is owned & operated separately from the Hotel, it is still very important to us that we receive guest’s comments so that we may pass them on. As you mentioned, we do have Earls, Red Lobster & the Olive Garden located across the street. We also have many, many Restaurants & pubs located well within walking distance, including an immense food court & various Restaurants located next door in the Polo Park Mall.

Thank you again for your positive comments and choosing the Clarion Hotel & Suites; we look very forward to welcoming you & your Family back for another visit!

Richard Summerton
Sales Executive
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We booked this hotel as it was near the church we were getting married at as well as being close to several other amenities. We were able to reserve a block of rooms for our many travelling guests at a fair and reasonable rate. All of our guests enjoyed their stay at the hotel, and I found the staff very friendly and helpful. A lot of my correspondence with the hotel was with email or phone prior to arriving in Winnipeg, and the front desk and sales department were very quick to respond to any of my inquiries. We also had one of the buffet breakfasts in a banquet room on the last morning of our weekend, and the food was great. The only snag some of our guests ran into was getting a late checkout on their departure day. My wife had some issues dealing with the Spa section of the hotel, including being put on hold multiple times when calling the spa only to have her call dropped. Overall though, a great experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello Johnny, thank you for your review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites, we appreciate your positive feedback!

I do remember your group quite well, and it was a pleasure to deal with all of you during your time of celebration. We are very fortunate to be located close to so many amenities, including the Airport & Polo park Mall, I am glad that all of your Guests had a great time while staying with us!

I will pass your comments onto our Executive Chef! We are very proud to have Chef JD Braid with us, who is a World Class, Gold Medal, Award Winning Chef!

I do apologize that your Wife was on hold for so long with our spa, we did have the Hotels phone lines reconfigured during your stay, in preparation for our renovations (Which are now under way) and we did in fact have some phone issues for a very short period of time.

We would be happy to have you and your Family back at any time to check out the brand new renovations! This will include all common areas, Water Park, Lobby & all banquet facilities!

Thank you again, Congratulations, and we hope to see you back very soon!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have booked the Clarion for several meetings and have been provided with excellent service, including accommodation of last minute requests. Richard has been very prompt and helpful with all of our requests.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello Cheryl, thank you for your review, it is very much appreciated!
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, we are always happy to accommodate your meetings!

Thank you again & talk soon!