“Fantastic customer service”

Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Fantastic customer service”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel should teach classes on customer service. From the second we checked in until the moment we checked out. The front desk, the spa ladies, the manicurist and everyone in between made every effort to make this a special stay for us. It was a special night for us as one of our foursome is very, very ill. We wanted a night to relax, get our nails done and just enjoy our time together. I was overwhelmed with the kindness and attention to detail that was shown. A+

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kinds words regarding your most recent stay at The Clarion Hotel & Suites!
We are so glad you were able to enjoy your evening with us, especially given the circumstances surrounding your group. We are so proud of the customer service that we are able to offer, from our front desk to our spa.
I hope this was a memorable stay for you, and you will again think of us the next time you are looking for a night away.

Until next time,

Allison@clarionwpg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband surprised me with a night at the Clairion Hotel, little did he know that when booking online he was automatically given a smoking room. As I checked in I was informed about having a smoking room, and that there was no availability to move rooms. A staff took me up to check the room since I was apprehensive and the smell was awful. I can't believe that smoking in a hotel is still legal! The staff was apologetic regarding having only the smoking room left for the evening. He promised to speak to his manager, Nicollette who offered to call other hotels in the area to have us moved to.

Moments later Nicollette came back and informed me that she was able to move us into a suite for the night!. Apologizing for the inconvenience she also provided me with 2 free entries to the mineral pool and steam room area.

I am so grateful that Nicollette saved our special "stay-cation" because if not we probably would have just gone home. We enjoyed our time in the mineral pool (which was completely empty in the evening). Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and we had absolutely no complaints at all.

Thank you Nicollette and front desk staff!!

Room Tip: Specify a non-smoking room in comments!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren S
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Lauren, thank you for your excellent review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites!

I am very happy that our front desk staff was able to accommodate you in a non-smoking Suite during this very busy time. The City was very eventful during your stay with us, and we were in a sold-out position, as were many of the Hotels in the Area. So, I am very pleased that you decided to stay with us and had a great experience with your Suite, and that we were able to secure a 5 Star rating in all areas of your review including the Guest room! I will be sure to thank Nicolette, as I realize without her attention to detail your review of the Hotel could have been very different.

We do still provide a handful of smoking rooms; however this will soon be a feature we no longer offer as we are moving forward with our Major Renovation. This will include all guest rooms, meeting / Banquet facilities, Water Park & all common areas of the Hotel.

We are all very excited about the Renovations, and hope you will visit us during your next stay-cation!

Thank you again for such a great review; we do appreciate it!

Richard Summerton,
Sales Executive.
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was at the Clarion Hotel for a conference at the end of March and stayed in one of the rooms. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The front desk staff were friendly and welcoming upon check in and check out. The food and venue for the conference were both impeccable. The service staff were very efficient for both serving and clean up. I would recommend this venue for anyone who is organizing an event or family function.

Janet S

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hello Janet S,

Thank you for your recent review of the Clarion Hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while attending a conference.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our front desk, and banquet staff! They all work so hard to make sure each guest's stay is memorable, and they will appreciate your remarks.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Clarion Hotel was the right venue of choice for the Tribute Dinner that was held for David Chartrand. The staff were very accommodating and friendly, serving staff were very pleasant and very quick in the serving of the food. The meal was delicious and the dessert was phenomenal.

I have been to the Clarion for a variety of events and I have always been treat well and they have always assisted with my requests or needs.

I would highly recommend the Clarion Hotel for your future events and hotel stays.

Thanks again,
Theresa Lorteau

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Theresa!

Thank you so much for your kinds words after the Tribute to David Chartrand!

We very much enjoyed hosting your group, and were happy to have helped make it such a success.
I will pass on your remarks to our banquet and kitchen staff. They will be happy to hear everyone had an enjoyable evening.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I routinely stay at the Clarion on business. I find their hotel to be in excellent condition and all staff are friendly. The hotel is very clean and is in a good location. They have one of the best gyms I've ever seen in a hotel and a very nice pool/hottub area. I have no complaints regarding any of my stays at the Clarion. I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello James,
I remember your group quite well, thank you for your great review!

It was a pleasure working with you & having you stay with us. I am very happy that you are able to enjoy the Hotel amenities during your stays with us, and thank you for your recommendation to friends & Family.

With our renovations now in the beginning stage, I can only expect that your stays with us will become even more enjoyable!

Thank you again, we look very forward to welcoming you back soon!

Richard Summerton,
Sales Executive.
Red Lake, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, where we ALWAYS stay while in Winnipeg, for 3 nights last week, for medical reasons. I have never been so disappointed with a stay such as this one. As soon as we checked in we tried to log on to wifi on our iPads, since we had been travelling all day we all wanted to check out emails, stc. The Internet was down. I asked about it on our way out of the hotel to go shopping and was told a tech would be looking at it within the hour. Nothing until the next afternoon and a few calls to the front desk. But at least we got connected eventually!
Another major disappointment on the very first day was that the hot tub was out of order, it was completely empty. We were pleasantly surprised to see it filled up and no 'out of order' signs on it the next day, too bad it wasn't warm until the last day of our stay, and they seemed to move the out of order signs to the waterside, which was also blocked off with caution tape, my 5 year old daughter couldn't have been more upset. Especially when 2 older girls along with their parents were just crawling under the tape using the slide. She didn't understand why they could and she couldn't. (I myself couldn't understand their parents either).
We also had a suite with a pull out couch, the couch was so uncomfortable. The springs were poking my mother in law in the back all night! We had to ask for a cot. Which the hotel kindly provided.
Then finally on the last day, one of the elevators was broken, therefore there was only 1 elevator for an 8 floor hotel, the wait was terrible. Having just had a cardiac procedure I was not allowed to do the stairs, so we were forced to wait.
All in all I really do hope that we were just unlucky and chose a bad week to stay, but for the amount of money you spend at a hotel, I expect things to be in good working order. After all that's why we choose it in the first place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I was very disappointed to read your recent review, as this is not the norm for the Clarion Hotel!

I do understand your frustration in regards to the internet not working properly. I have spoken with our Front Desk manager, and I understand that this was due to a problem from our internet provider. Do understand I am not using this as an excuse, only an explanation, which you should have been informed of.

We do understand that when families stay with us, the waterpark is a huge attraction! We do our very best to make sure everything is up and running for all our guests, but there are times when maintenance is required- like the hot tub. When it has to be completely drained and then refilled, it does take a day or two, to reheat.

I do apologize for the couch in your room. We understand that they are in need of an upgrade, which is why we are so excited to be starting complete renovations very soon! All of our guestrooms will get a full makeover including new carpets, wallpaper, furniture, and bedding. I am glad to hear that the front desk was able to provide you with a cot.

In regards to one of the elevators being broken, I know that nothing is more frustrating than waiting for an elevator! Especially in a building with 6 floors, the wait can get long with only 1 working elevator. Be assured that our maintenance crew was working on the problem as soon as it happened, as we never want to inconvenience our guests.

From your comments, I do understand how disappointing this stay was for you, and I hope you know this is not how we want our guests to remember us!
Please contact me directly, and I would love to have you & your family back to see just how great we can be!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The few times my work takes me to Winnipeg, MB, Canada, I have stayed at the Clarion Hotel which offers a spa and something I do look for if I'm stain for over 24 hours just as a nice downtime option. The hotel is located just outside of downtown Winnipeg, but in a good area where there are several generic restaurants to choose from with good food. The service was great and the people were friendly and I would suggest this location if you are looking for a work trip or vacation. There is a shopping centre - Polo Park - very close by, many shopping venues and like I said Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Earls, Joey's and many more of these 'type' of restaurants. It's not fine dining, but some nice choices. Nothing to complain about. If you want fine dining I'm sure someone would be able to help you out and point you in the right direction which I will assume would be closer to downtown which isn't more than 10 minutes away driving.

Clean, polite service. Worth the stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
_ClarionManagement12, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear BusyBee,

Thank you for your positive review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites!

We do receive quite a lot of complements from our Business travelers as we are ideally located making it very easy to navigate the City. We are located ½ way between the Airport & our Downtown area!

I am very happy that you are able to enjoy the Urban Oasis Spa during your visits with us, in addition to the Spa; we offer a salt water pool, mineral pool & steam room. We also have the Provinces largest indoor Hotel Water Park with a three story Waterslide, offering our Guests both relaxation & excitement!

As you mentioned, there are many Restaurant options located within walking distance, including fine Dining at Rae & Jerry’s Steak House, located only steps away!

I am very pleased that we have met your expectations during your past visits, and we look very forward to accommodating you once again very soon!

Warm regards,