“Lovely place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
Beechmount Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 15 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed here over the August long weekend. It’s a beautifully kept spotlessly clean period home- the only areas updated are the kitchen and the thoroughly modern bathrooms. We were 7 adults and all remarked on how comfortable the beds were. Christine and Giovanni were perfect hosts- very accommodating to our schedule and helpful with information about the area.
The house is in a large gated community so it was lovely to take mornings walks along the quiet avenues and enjoy seeing many more beautifully kept homes.
Breakfasts were wonderful- a variety of baked goods still warm from the oven, lots of fresh fruit and a delicious hot selection created by Chef Giovanni.
I’d confidently recommend Beechmont to anyone wanted an exceptional b&b experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have been a guest at Beechmount every year for over ten years, sometimes more than once a year, and it has truly become my home away from home. Each of the bedrooms has its unique charm and amenities. I love the beautiful, treed, historic area where I enjoy taking walks at any time of day. The hosts, Christina and Giovanni, are friendly, welcoming and hospitable, often going out of their way to give that little extra service, like drive me to the bus or the airport when I didn't have a car. The delicious and hearty breakfasts send you off well prepared for the day--Giovanni's delicious omelettes, a different kind each day, varied occasionally with pancakes or French toast--Christina's fresh-baked muffins, breads, or croissants, and always a bowl of fresh fruit to dip into. Other breakfast items are available just for the asking, and there's always lots of coffee. I also enjoy getting to know the other guests around the breakfast table, where the conversation is always stimulating. Beechmount is my #1 choice when I stay in Winnipeg.

Room Tip: The family suite on the third floor has its own tiny balcony, a small fridge, microwave, and TV. On...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My family and I recently stayed 5 nights at the Beechmount while awaiting our furniture to arrive. We had the whole top floor to ourselves, including access to two full bathrooms! Our kids loved using the pool after a hot day of house prep work and the hearty breakfasts prepared to order for us launched every day with a bang! Lovely setting, welcoming owners who even loaned us a few tools to get our house ready! We would gladly stay again! Christine & Giovanni made our arrival in Winnipeg all the more memorable!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We recently stayed at the Beechmount Bed & Breakfast for almost a week and had a fantastic time. We were awe struck when first arrived at the grand scale of the house, and the beautiful gardens surrounding the property. Our hosts were generous and welcoming and made us all feel very spoiled. They provided a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit, home baking and omelets with herbs from the garden. We spent the afternoons relaxing by the pool in the backyard, which made our journey feel like a real vacation. We traveled with two other friends, so booked the top floor suite which was very spacious and allowed us all privacy with the three separate bedrooms, and two bathrooms. We all had a fantastic time, and would highly recommend looking them up!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I travel to Winnipeg 4 times a year on business and have stayed here for the last 5 years. The hosts are fantastic and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Breakfast is very god and lasts me the whole day until dinner. Beech mount is my first choice when I travel to Winnipeg. Great value, great location, great people.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Beechmount Bed and Breakfast while attending a friend's wedding in Winnipeg. It was my first trip to Winnipeg, I was travelling in a group, and was not the one who made the bookings, so all I knew was we were staying in a suite in a B&B "somewhere in Winnipeg." Expecting some cute and rather twee little place in a middling neighborhood, imagine my surprise when we pulled through into Westgate after three days of driving. The photographs don't quite do it justice – the Beechmount is a stately, exquisitely restored mansion dating from Winnipeg's gilded era. It looks like the set for a Wes Anderson film – saturated in color and detail. Down a street shaded by towering trees, and with the river right behind, you can see why Winnipeg's original aristocrats would have chosen to live here.

Christine and Giovanni are the most gracious of hosts; every last little need was taken care of, almost to a ridiculous degree (as a group of 30-somethings travelling together, we agreed it was kind of like being teenagers in a particularly beautiful parental house again). Christine bakes all of the muffins, breads and scones served at breakfast, and they are to-die-for. Giovanni cooks up many variants of perfectly-done omelettes, closed and open-faced, with delicious and unusual ingredients like asparagus and leek.

The thing I will probably always remember however about breakfasts at the Beechmount, in addition to the fantastic fare, was the fantastic conversation. Christine in particular has an encyclopaedic knowledge of Winnipeg's history. She and Giovanni restored the mansion themselves from what I gather was a pretty shocking state, and learned much of the history of the house and the neighbourhood in the process. As someone who travels far and often, I have learned that there is a difference between skimming over the surface of a place versus really sinking in. Perhaps in a visit of four days you can't truly sink in to a new place, but hearing stories from someone like Christine who has a passionate and philosophical connection to the place you're visiting is like traveller's gold.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a family or in a group, the attic suite is great and a great value. Three...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I just spent the entire month of July in Winnipeg during a prolonged visit to family having a medical crisis, with Christine and Giovanni hosting me comfortably - indeed, made me feel quite 'at home'. They eased my rest through what might otherwise have been a trying time.

This was my second visit to Beechmount, so I knew what to expect, and found no surprises.

It is a wonderfully restored late Victorian home in one of Winnipeg's quiet, old, and very secluded residential neighbourhoods. The streets are wide and leafy, the houses near palatial, the gardens spacious, and the neighbourhood atmosphere is calm and relaxed. The rooms are comfortable, and well serviced in a manner consistent with the 'home' atmosphere of a bed and breakfast.

July was very hot, as I expected it would be, but my rooms were always temperate, as Christine managed the in-room air conditioning while I was away during the day, personally turning it on as needed during the heat of the day, and opening windows in the cool of the evening.

Giovanni cooks a wonderful breakfast each day, and I never found the menu to grow tired, even after 4 weeks.

Christine and Giovanni were always attentive to my needs, and empathetic to my circumstances, without being in way intrusive. It was also a pleasure to meet so many other wonderful guests who came and went during the course of the month.

I like a B and B to exude and instil a feeling of being 'at home away from home". Beechmount excels at that, and I am sure I will return when circumstances call me back to Winnipeg.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo