“An absolute blast!”

Celebrations Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Original 3 act musical comedies that will keep you singing and laughing all evening.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An absolute blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I love coming to Celebrations Dinner Theatre as much as I can. My family and I love coming to the shows, the entertainment is always very good. The singers are amazing and can sing a million times better than the supposed professional singers nowadays, but then again your actors actually have talent so I guess it's just effortless for them! The food is always great, too! To anyone complaining, you are allowed to have your opinions of course but do you eat gourmet meals every night? I highly doubt it. Some of you are quite the critics. I'd like to see you try to make meals for a theatre that holds over 500 people! I think they do a pretty darn good job of it. Keep up the good work, Celebrations!

Visited June 2014
Margaret C, General Manager at Celebrations Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Celebrations Dinner Theatre. So glad to hear that you enjoy the whole evening. We look forward to having you join us again - perhaps for our next show It's Elementary Sherlock.

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great performances, pedestrian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Someone should honestly tell Mr. Ledohowski of Canad Inn fame, that the type of food they serve at Celebrations, would best be left to a cafeteria at one of the universities. The beef at best is mediocre and grisly. The fish passable. The chicken blah. Always the same 3 meats, done sans imagination. The sides are unmentionable as most of the time they are reheated to a consistent sogginess with what seems like frozen fair overcooked.

The ONLY reason I am giving the venue 3 stars is because of the FABULOUS performers, which play alongside this sordid tale of culinary woe. The food unfortunately, does not rate even a single star. Sorry.

We'll keep coming and keep reviewing because to be honest, we love the productions. The food at best, is something to play with for 3 hrs. We hope it changes, but we've been going for at LEAST 4-5 years and it would appear all hope is lost.

Tip: You might want to second the chef from "the Met" and send the present chef back to the minor leagues. That is, if in fact there is a real chef there. No excuses please.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Yaktam
Margaret C, General Manager at Celebrations Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Celebrations Dinner Theatre, letting us know how much you enjoyed the performance. Sorry to hear that you do not enjoy the food. We are always continually striving to improve all facets of the evening. Your comments have been passed onto the Canad Inns which provides the food to Celebrations.
Manitoba, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have seen about 6 shows now and
They never get old. I love coming here. The food is great, although the portions are small. But you get a soup and salad and main course and dessert so it is still a great amount of food. The shows are always entertaining. Only thing that sucks sometimes is if you are a couple, sometimes you have to share a table with another couple. I don't really enjoy eating a meal with strangers beside me. It's awkward. Other then that I love it here!

Margaret C, General Manager at Celebrations Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review of Celebrations. We are very glad to hear that you enjoy the evenings. Thanks for commenting on the seating - we are always looking for improvements so will investigate this issue further.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wear Your Ear Plugs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean North Saskatchewan. There wasn't much of a story line but the cast were very good.. The classic rock music was good, but we both felt that the music was very loud that at times our ears were hurting and I could feel a headache coming on. We think they could have toned it down a notch. The meal was good. We both had the beef. The green beans was under cooked and my husband didn't care for the sauce on the slices of beef, gravy would have been a better choice wit the mashed potatoes. The corn soup was a bit spicy which might upset a few people. There are some steps and may be difficult for some people as when it is dark it is hard to see where the steps are so they should be lighted up to avoid any accidents.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Tim1230
Margaret C, General Manager at Celebrations Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review of our current show Pirates of the North Saskatchewan 3. I have passed on your comments regarding the sound to our theatre technician to ensure we are not playing the music too loud.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the singing.

We hope to have you join us again for a future show.
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Monotonous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Sorry, I find this gets old and tired quickly. The food is what is bland and boring but given the venue, the food is not the prime attraction. The shows are hilarious!

Visited June 2013
Margaret C, General Manager at Celebrations Dinner Theatre, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Celebrations Dinner Theatre. I am sorry to hear that you find the food boring. We continually strive to improve the food and will continue to work on that. Glad to hear that you enjoy the shows however.