“Ideal place to stay”
Review of Norwood Hotel

Norwood Hotel
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've stayed at the Norwood Hotel on my last three trips to Winnipeg. The hotel itself is well situated (easy to get to, close to downtown), the rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious and the service is excellent. Rates are very reasonable. The hotel also has a restaurant on the ground floor which is super convenient for breakfast (although the serve lunch and dinner too). I recommend the Norwood.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was in Winnipeg for business, and stayed here as all the large hotels were booked. This hotel is a medium sized business located close to (but not in) the downtown. There are a few useful shopping within walking distance (eg pharmacy). The room was large and clean.

I was travelling on business and needed a place with a business centre and taxis at the door. This place didn't meet my needs in that regard. However, the room was just fine. I particularly liked being able to open the windows for some natural fresh air. I would travel here with my family if I wanted a clean place with basic accommodations outside downtown.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor at the end of the building to get the fresh breeze.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Norwood Hotel provides clean and comfortable accommodations. My family stayed for five nights this summer while visiting extended family in Winnipeg. We have stayed there before and while it is still a nice place, it doesn't seem to evolve much and there really aren't many features that are found at other hotels (eg. microwave, fitness room, laundry (although there is a drycleaning service). It works for us, though, and we would go back.

The restaurant is very nice for breakfast (again, it doesn't seem to change). We purchased the breakfast vouchers. This limited our choices to 3 meals and I don't think I would do that again. The whole menu looked inviting and it would have been nice to have more options.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We booked this after being unable to book our regular Hotel Inn on the Forks. This hotel is clean, walking distance to the Forks and is inexpensive. We'll be staying here on all future visits to Winnipeg. Bonus is that it has a great restaurant for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

we had our reception here July 13,2013 and the service was oustanding we paid extra to have the hall decorated and it was money well spent the hall was beautifully decorated and all our needs were met. The buffet of food was enjoyed by all in attendance as was the variety of food offered. We would highly recommend the Norwood to anyone looking for a banquet hall. I would also like to mention the staff , all the staff working our reception were freindly and very helpful

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

On Marion street, close to all major downtown attraction. The Norwood is ackward...some fresher touch like the main floor, but almost outdated corridors and definitly going out of style rooms. But that is ok, it is clean. But boy oh boy...the noises are coming from everywhere. The showers, the baby next door, the auction going on in the main lobby ( 2 floors down), the TV...and so on. And to top it all, the staff...none seems to enjoy their job, many do not seem to know what they are doing and smiling is not an option..ever. Restaurant in the hotel. Free parking. Free wifi that works very well. Easy access to and from everywhere...not a lost cause, but get on it before its too late.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I spent one night at this hotel with my newborn baby. The service at the front desk was courteous. The room was spacious allowing easy use of the stroller and had very comfortable seating for breastfeeding. I also appreciated the free water bottles in the room, the picture of the lobby on the bottles is a nice touch. When dining in the restaurant, the baby began to fuss and I requested to take my food up to my room instead. I was very impressed by the server who insisted to take the food up to my room as I was carrying my baby. The ribs were delicious, meaty, tender with a delicious bbq sauce. I also liked the hair and body products which are made specially for the hotel from a store across the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo