“Will not be returning!!!”

Canad Inns Destination Centre Transcona
Ranked #56 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Kenora, Canada
“Will not be returning!!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This hotel was overpriced, overbooked! We went for a hockey tournament. I know they had an overcapacity in the pool area at one time, it was "an accident waiting to happen". There was one security guard that worked there (he must have tried to be a cop and could never get on) he was a freak, followed people around, walked into our room and shut the door, accused us of making noise when we weren't and told me I couldn't talk in the hallway at 8pm. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheri G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I do not know the person below me ,but I have a very similar review. A co-worker and I had a roughly 2 week long stay in this hotel. The bathrooms are outdated, the wifi is probably the worst that I have experienced in my travels. The noise is ridiculous on the weekends. Children constantly running up and down the halls screaming (calling the front desk does nothing to solve this). The walls are paper thin, I can hear quiet conversations in the adjacent rooms. Including personal details of a phone conversation one lady was having. Im not sure how to address that issue aside from tearing the whole building down, which may not be a bad idea.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dutchmn13

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Torrance, California
Reviewed 13 January 2012

This hotel is more like a bad motel. The only good thing I can say is that my room was clean. The rooms are very outdated. Kids running all over screaming and banging into the walls for hours on the weekend. The bathrooms are old and small. The carpet is old. The bed was OK. The free wi-fi was horrible to non exsistant. The lockset on the door was loose and made me think that it would be very easy to get into this room. The bath tub drain was clogged and took three days for someone to clear it. The wall a/c, heater unit loud. The walls must be paper thin since I could hear my neighbors going to the bathroom. There voices were so clear I thought I had company. The restaurant was horrible. Lousy food. The buffet was like eating cold leftovers. I was here on buisness for two weeks and I hated it. I am returning in two weeks and I told my employer that I would never, ever stay here again.

Room Tip: For a good room, look for another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LH1JR
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Booked room for two nights on line at $139 a night. We had a family wedding to attend this weekend. Room was a king bed. Room was okay and clean, bathroom super small.

Saturday we went to the church service then returned to the hotel before reception. I went to our room and found the deadbolt lock set to lock, however the door was NOT SHUT! So anyone could have just pushed the door open and in the where. The maid staff had cleaned the room, set the deadbolt to lock without the door being closed. We had all sorts of things in this room and anyone could have walked in and stolen it.

Other problem we found out from my sister in law that they provide a seniors discount for those 55 years plus. My husband is 57, we were not asked about it at the desk, just charged $139 a night. My husband went back and asked about it and they did then provide the senior's discount rate at $114 a night which is a big differences. We were credited back the difference for both nights.

The oak bar is tough to get a drink at, we went in their on Friday evening before dinner for a drink. One bar tender for a ton of people. We returned after dinner and it was a super loud dance club!! Yikes! Went to the casino lounge near the front desk, much quieter.

Over all I would stay their again but definately they have to watch the locking of room doors and what they charge for a rate.

Room Tip: Booking on line does not provide for senior discount info. If you are 55 plus or one of the ppl sta...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dtwesa
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here because our truck broke down and it was close to the mechanic. But we really really enjoyed out stay and I am surprised at all the bad reviews :( We personally didn't have any problems with noise, and we had good sleeps. The only down side to this place was that the headboard fell off, but it's not entirely its fault. There is a pub attached so without a truck it was nice to be able to walk down to get some wings. It's atmosphere was great too. I think there was a big pool too. anyway, the staff were super friendly and easy going and we would stay there again :)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This hotel is avrage hotel has a good restraunt in it, unfortinatly also accompanied by 2 bars and alot of weekend traffic. This hotel is noisey on weekends you can here people walking on the floor above you. The beds are a little rough on the back.. The hotel over all is over priced, I have stayed in hotels of the same quality for $30.00 less.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Kenora
Reviewed 14 March 2011

This Canad inn is no different from other Canad inns. It is getting a little worn our but for the most part it is alright. We stayed two nights and the kids had a blast. The pool was perfect for them. We stayed in a theme room - they loved the bunk bed area. It has a mini fridge, and microwave so you can store things or bring your own popcorn. This is not a hotel to stay at if you are just passing through and want to go to bed early. There is a bar attached to all Canad-Inns and it si very lively around midnight. this never bothered us.
Food was average as you would get in all alto's - we have staying in the polo park, brandon, Fort Garry and garden city Canad-Inn. They are all the same. Club Regent is ok too. All in all an ok stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family