“Great Location”
Review of Inn at the Forks

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 8 July 2014

As a Winnipegger I had always know about the hotel but did not have the opportunity to stay there until June of this year.

The service was good at he front desk and restaurant. The rooms comfortable with a great view but were painted a dark colour and you could see dust all over parts of the wall. I also was disappointed that there were not fridge in the rooms.

The hotel is in a great, safe location top access many downtown attractions.

Hotel parking is in the parking garage next door. What they did not tell me is that there was reserved parking on the 1st level for hotel guest so I had a difficult time finding an open parking stall until I figured out where the spots were.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor - we definitely appreciate the feedback.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. That being said, I will be addressing the dust issues with our Executive Housekeeper and I will be speaking with the Guest Services team to ensure that they are giving accurate information to guests about where to park. For future reference we do supply fridges upon request, and this is complimentary. I have taken the liberty of adding this request to your profile for future reservations.

Thank you for choosing Inn at the Forks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Cathy

Cathy Stephens
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was on a business trip but this hotel is excellent with superb rooms and a great location. During my stay the main restaurant was under renewal but the food was fine even from a restricted menu. Portion sizes made me very full indeed and after a substantial breakfast I could easily miss lunch..
The area around the hotel has a range of shops and the Shaw stadium is a short walk away. There is a very pleasant riverside walk that you might take to burn off those calories. This is definitely a hotel to remember for next time.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the Shaw stadium for quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this unique, non-major chain hotel many times over the years. Always good. Nice decor with modern feel. Good sized rooms which are well appointed. Great location at the Forks with shops and tourist attractions nearby. Good access to downtown and Health Sciences centre by cab. Always look forward to my visits to Winnipeg and this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had the pleasure of a long stay of 8 days at the Inn at the Forks and found this hotel to be very well situated for both tourists and business people alike. We had a standard room that was very comfortable and well appointed. We especially liked the spacious bathroom and the interesting art glass vanity. Lots of storage space and responsive air conditioning. The staff were excellent and if you enjoy being surrounded by parkland then this hotel is a great choice. Only downside - and I qualify this by saying that we should have checked - but the queen size bed was smaller than those you will find in Australia. However, having been caught out before in other US and UK hotels, we should know to ask.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really well located in the most interesting part of Winnipeg. It is a great place to stay. Rooms are nice, service is excellent. They were remodeling the restaraunt, so eating elsewhere makes sense. However, for the location alone, it deserves five stars. I would stay here again without question if I ever returned to Winnipeg.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It is the place to stay when you are in Winnipeg. While the restaurant was undergoing renovation everything was done to provide excellent food service both inside and on a patio outside. Centrally located the Inn is about 10 minutes from anywhere in Winnipeg by car. The bustle of activity at the Forks and the quiet walk along the river provide a level of activity that can appeal to all. I can not wait until the Museum of Human Rights opens this September as it is just steps away. Close to cultural, sports (baseball at Shaw Stadium), dining out and nightlife.This has become my home when in Winnipeg and the staff from the reception to housekeeping make me feel welcome. While I have not had the opportunity to use it there is also a Spa at the Inn. I can not wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review and thank you for being a return guest! I'm so pleased to read that you enjoy your stays with us.

Thank you for also pointing out that while we are undergoing restaurant renovations you were still able to enjoy food and beverage service at the hotel.

Yes - you definitely need to try out Riverstone Spa!

When you are planning to return to Inn at the Forks, I would invite you to e-mail me directly and I will assist in making your reservation.

Kind regards,
Cathy Stephens
Assistant General Manager

cstephens@innforks.com

Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are looking for a great hotel in Winnipeg and a hot spot to walk around at night then this hotel is for you. Located in the heart of Winnipeg at the Forks Market, this hotel is clean, fresh and comfortable. I suffer from a back injury and I did not want to leave after two nights because the bed was so great. I loved the bathrooms (we had two rooms, one when kids were with us and one when the kids were not with us!). The showers were spacious, the counter tops very hip! Food was great, service was great and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. Stay there and enjoy the Forks!

Room Tip: 229 has view of The Children's Museum and the back of Johnson's Terminal with the Red River...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family