“Manager didn't use smart decision re seating. Not geared to please the customer.”
Review of Grace Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grace Cafe
Ranked #14 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 October 2016

My husband and I went to The Grace Cafe on a Wednesday around 2:20. All the booths were taken. However what one would consider a partial booth at the back of the restaurant with part cushioned seat and chairs for 3 on the other side was empty. It had a more cozy private feel as opposed to the center of the room with smaller tables for between 2 and 4 people I noticed. I asked the waitress if we could sit there (booth/table at back)as all the tables in the center of the room were vacant. She asked the woman Manager who refused to let us sit there. She seemed to be in a bad mood and involved in doing her book work on a table near us. The waitress was very good and her service excellent. We had our meals and beverages and within that one hour time period not one person came into the restaurant. I won't be going back. If you don't mind sitting in the middle of a small room then you might like this place.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

There was 6 of us that went there for lunch plus a baby. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.The sandwich bread was from Gunn's Bakery and was delicious. The service was not fast but not slow either. They had home made desserts that were delicious. We enjoyed sharing the carrot cake. They did have pasta and a quiche but no one in our party ordered it. Some did order a side salad or the soup of the day.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

The food is really good here. The coffee is great! I love the wonderful feeling of this Christian Establishment. My girlfriends and daughters enjoy spending time together here!

Reviewed 3 May 2016

My wife and I have eaten there on many occasions in the past. Food and service are always good. Food is simple and tasty. They offer many coffee and tea options as well as many dessert offerings. This is a nice place to eat. Do not expect fine dining; that is not the point. Expect good, simple offerings with great service! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

The menu is not huge but there is a reasonable selection, and the food is good. We both had wraps which had plenty of filling in them. One side salad was also ordered which was good.

Have been to this restaurant on and off over the last few years. The quality is consistent, the service is friendly. Only improvement I would make would be to add some vegetarian sandwich and wrap options.