“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Morris, Canada
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here with our family had a great experience!! The management and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms, pool, lobby and breakfast area were all very clean and well kept. The hotel seemed very family oriented, The grandkids had a great time in the pool and waterslide we will definitely be staying here again!
Murray

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
KPCheema, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Winnipeg Airport, Manitoba, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear valued guest.

It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Our pool is always a favourite with the young ones and we are glad that your grandchildren had a great time. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My Wife and I had a excellent stay at The Days Inn & Suites Winnipeg Airport.The staff were all very friendly and accomodating. The owner greeted us in the front lobby, offered us coffee or tea and provided us with information about the hotel,near by shopping and dining.The room we had was spacious, clean and tidy. Very comfortable.The pool & hot tub was very appealing as was the exercise room. The morning breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, toast, cereal, waffles, juice and coffee. Very filling. We felt very much at home at this facility and would definately stay again and would recommend it to our friends. To the owner and staff, thank you for making us feel part of your family. Dave & Anita

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
To our valued guest,

We appreciate you taking out the time to write this review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We try our best to make sure that our guests feel welcome and are well accommodated. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our staff.
winnipeg
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great hotel. I'm very picky on where I stay and have to say that The Days Inn is my best by far. The rooms are very spacious, clean and all up to date. The staff at the front are very welcoming, kind and extremely pleasant. The breakfast is just perfect, a little something for everyone. Great family\kid friendly swimming pool, hot tub, and work out room. Shopping, restaurants and airport all near by. A definite repeat.

• Stayed December 2013
KPCheema, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Winnipeg Airport, Manitoba, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear valued guest,

We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping staff works hard to maintain our rooms to a level that we feel the guest deserves. Our staff also works to ensure that the guest is being properly accomodated and are enjoying their stay. We appreciate your response as it provides us with feedback to improve as well as motivation to continue to provide the service that we do. We look forward to seeing you again.
Snow Lake, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

very helpful and friendly staff made one feel at home went out of there way to make one enjoy the stay price was very reasonable rooms were clean and warm despite -40 weather. cleaning staff gave you lots of time in the morning to get and eat leave for shopping and room was always clean when you returned I will not hesitate to recommend this days inn to any one .

Room Tip: I have stayed here 3 times and found rooms facing airport not as quiet as ones at the back
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
To our valued guest,

We appreciate your response and are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in providing our guests with great service and I will surely pass on your compliments to our staff.
Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights at the Days Inn in early December 2013. This is a most mediocre hotel but it is new so it is clean. The lobby floors always seem to be dirty and muddy. Not sure why.

We arrived early because we had a meeting to attend but were told that check in was 3:00pm and we could not check in before that. We were told this after we waited at the front desk for 20 minutes because no one was around but there was a sign on the desk that said someone would be right back.

Upon our second return to register at the hotel we again had to wait because there was no one at the front desk. Eventually we were given our rooms. The room was clean and tidy. There were enough towels. The bed was comfortable.

This is a wood frame hotel so the noise really carries. Both nights you could hear people walking on the floor above. In addition, every time someone closes the door to their room you can hear it.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel but a simple breakfast is provided. There was coffee, tea, juice, cereal, toast, waffles and one banana (the only fruit). We decided to leave and pay for breakfast to get a little more variety.

Overall a rather middle of the road experience.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear valued customer,
We appreciate you taking time to write a review and are very glad that your room was up to expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms in addition to making sure that our guest’s have a comfortable bed with all the amenities provided to them. Unfortunately, you caught us on one of our more “snowy” days which may have resulted in our lobby floors not being as clean between mopping sessions.

In regard to your check-in experience, the hotel policy is for check-in to occur at 3pm. However, we do allow check-ins before 3:00 p.m, depending on the availability of rooms. In this instance, we had a full house the previous night and therefore, required time for our housekeeping to prepare the rooms at the level that we wish to provide to our guests. We also would like to apologize for your wait at the front desk. I spoke with our front desk staff about this matter and was told that at that time, they were assisting other guests in the hotel. Regardless, our hotel policy is to ensure that a staff member is available at the front desk, so we once again apologize for this matter.

We would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to compose this review. Your feedback helps us improve the experience of our guests and we look forward accommodating you in the future.
Portage la Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights while doing business in Winnipeg. I asked for a room on the main floor and they gave me a wheelchair accessible room which doesn't have carpet. The temperature in the room was 13 degrees celsius (56F). It took two hours to get it back to 71F. The WiFi speed was very good however the breakfast was pretty lackluster. No meat option and only tap water. Everything is so spread out you really have to walk around to get everything together. In my opinion, this hotel does not provide enough amenities for what you pay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review as well as staying with us during your business trip. The hotel was designed with the comfort, safety, functionality and accessibility of all of our guests in mind. As such, the guest suites on the main floor were designed as wheelchair accessible as well as pet friendly rooms, which is why those rooms have hardwood flooring. I personally do apologize for the room being as cool as it was upon your arrival. Each room has its own individual thermostat and a member of the housekeeping staff may have overlooked resetting it to room temperature after the departure of the guest before you. For this inconvenience I again apologize. Our complimentary continental breakfast does include fresh warm waffles, various cereal selections, muffins, breads, yogurts, fruits, along with a variety of coffees, teas, and juices to drink. Because of the selection we do try to space apart the foods so the guests can pick and choose what they would like without feeling crowded. In the future, if you have any concerns, our front desk would be more than glad to assist you. Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns and taking the time to post a review.
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Booked a room for myself, my husband and our 2 children. Upon arrival i was notified that because my kids were over the age of 12 i had to pay $10 extra per child on top of the initial room price. I paid for a room with 2 queen beds it shouldnt matter the age of the occupants using the 2nd bed that i already paid for. Shouldn't i have recieved a cot,extra blankets or pillows for the extra cost then? The heater along the window in the room did not show any directions on how to increase or lower the heat. Both my husband and i tried to figure it out but it only kept throwing out cold air. I shut the power off but it would automatically start and blow cold air about every 10 min throughout the night. Along the floor underneath the window heater you could feel the outside cold air blowing in. Winnipeg temp last night was in the -20 with strong wind gusts. My husband had an early flight this morning and i had a long drive home ahead of me but who could sleep in that? I left the kids in bed to drive my husband to the airport at 630 am, before we left, i approached the front desk to tell the man working that the heat had not been working in our room,he told me that he was aware of the problem, he said he too could feel the cold in the hotel and said that maintenance was coming in this morning to fix it. I was only offered an apology for our crappy nights sleep. When i returned from the airport at about 645 this morning my kids were also up no longer able to sleep due to the cold room. My daughter wanted a hot shower but didn't get anything more than luke warm and was in and out. My son and i opted out on a cold shower. I took them downstairs for something to eat. We wanted to stay and shop in your city but when i asked the desk (now a woman working) about the area shopping centers,she informed me that she "thinks" the mall opened at 10..wow, thanks for the info.. We opted out of waiting in a cold room for that long to go shopping so we checked out at 830. Upon checkout i again informed your desk (the same woman) that the room was cold, i was in turn refunded back the $10 extra per child that i paid and was given a "heartfelt" apology. Imagine how super annoyed i was with that; I couldnt get out of there fast enough so i just paid for the room and left. Your room did not provide any area restaurant menus for dine in or take out/delivery, or a hotel feedback card. Only a telephone book in one of the drawers..not even a bible. There was only sugar provided for the tea and coffee. No whitener? I dont drink black coffee or tea thanks. All in all, i was looking forward to spending some happy quality time with my family before my husband flew out of town. We dont get this opportunity very often and our stay at your hotel was anything but happy times...Thanks for your time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank samantha m
KPCheema, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Winnipeg Airport, Manitoba, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for your time in composing this review, and I am very sorry to hear about your disappointments in our service. The entire staff and I strive to provide all of our guests with top notch service and accomodations, and we do not take situations like these lightly. I have personally investigated this matter myself and can offer you the following explainations:

In a standard room, there is a maximum occupany of four. The price includes accomodation for up to two adults and two children under the age of 12. However, guests above the age of 12 are considered to be a mature guest and are subsequently charged a standard fee as they do require more resources than do guests under 12. Across the board, regardless of brand or location, the vast majority of hotels do charge this standard fee for guests above the age of 12.

As for the heating issues, we have front desk staff available at the service of all of our guests 24/7. I assure you that had a call been made to the front desk agent, regardless of what time of day or night, they would be more than happy to have assisted you in the matter of operating the heating and cooling system and prevented you from having to sleep in cooler than desired conditions. I had spoken to the front desk gentleman that you had spoken to in the morning, and he sends his deepest apologies for the miscommunications. What he had tried to communicate was that he too could feel the cold in the city, and now that he had been made aware of your room's heating issues, he would have maintenance take a look at it first thing that morning.

We also had maintenance take a look at the water system. The water system was well functioning; it is set to the highest recommended heat setting that we can have without being too hot in order to keep our guests safe.

Hotel feedback cards as well as restaurant menus are not printed and kept in every room as we strive to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Alternatively, we encourage and welcome our guests to have open communication with our staff in regards to comments and feedback as they will do all they can to rectify situations and make your stay as comforting as possible. We also have a buisness center with free internet to look up any menus from local restuarants in the area in addition to the brochures at the front desk. Bibles are also not kept in every room, in respect to the multiculturalism of our guests and city. They are however available upon request at the front desk.

In the future, I would kindly like to suggest contacting the front desk for any issues regarding your accomodations as soon as possible as it will be of great benefit to you. Again, I whole heartedly apologize for your disappointment in your stay and thank you again for your time in composing a review.