“Best Service/hotel”

Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre
Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Great place to stay, modern, extremely clean and the staff were fantastic. The restaurant had terrific food and accommodate my allergies without a fuss. The room was spacious and decorated beautifully. I highly recommend making this your hotel of choice in Winnipeg.

• Stayed: December 2013
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Candace J,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you had such a great experience. We have worked very hard to make this specific hotel an amazing one and glad to hear our hard work has paid off for you during your visit. We do look forward to having you as our guest again and we welcome you to our Canad Family!! Thank you again and should you need anything at all on your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly! Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre, Health Sciences Centre.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Can't say enough good things about this Hotel. Health Sciences Centre Hotel is in a central location. With a great staff and service to match! The Hotel is spotlessly new and clean with very comfortable and quiet rooms. The rooms are spacious and well decorated and also have a Keurig machine. The Staff at Aaltos Restaurant and il Bistro were friendly and courteous all the time. The. Starbucks inside the Hotel is conveniently located and the staff were the best.
This is the PERFECT Hotel to stay in Winnipeg.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Nuno D,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel! I am so very glad to hear that you had such a fantastic experience. Our staff works so hard to provide the best in service and to go above and beyond each and everytime. We do have great restaurants and one of the busiest Starbucks and are very proud of that. We welcome you to our Canad Family! Should you need anything at all on your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly! Thanks again, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Health Science Centre Hotel is in an excellent position. Our first impression was how new and clean the Hotel was. The room size was great and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The Staff at the Restaurants were nice and friendly. I cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough!
Well done and keep up the Excellent. Service!

Room Tip: Extremely Clean and Spacious!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PaulLisbon, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear John D,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel! We are so very glad that you had such a great experience here. The compliments are humbling and we continue to strive to make sure that all guest experiences are like yours. I have passed on your compliments to my collegues and look forward to having you as a guest again sometime soon and welcome you to our Canad Family! Should you need anything at all on your next, please feel free to contact me directly at anytime. Have an amazing day, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and catering manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre, Health Sciences Centre.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Nice to stay in such a new room. Very practical, as inside HSC's perimeter. Two restaurants, and a very busy Starbucks. Not much to do in the surroundings, except some takeout restaurants, flower shops and funeral parlour. For more entertainment, it is safer to take a taxi to the Exchange District.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank longtravel09

Dear LongTravel09,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience at our newest hotel. I can definately appreciate your view of not having much to do that is close by the hotel and for that reason we do offer a complimentary shuttle service for our guests. It is a first come first serve basis, but should you want to go take in the sites at the Forks, or go to a movie or shopping at Polo Park, as a guest you can book our shuttle to drop you off and pick you up. As I mentioned it is a first come first serve option to our guests to book. I'm hoping that the next time you come in and stay with us, that you will give our shuttle service a try. I do want to thank you again for your review and want to welcome you as a member to our Canad Family. The next time you stay, please feel free to contact me directly should you need anything! Thanks, Chrissy Bohemier, Sales and Catering Manager, Canad Inns Destination Centre, Health Sciences Centre.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel knows what customer service is all about. Every employee with whom we have dealt was pleasant and helpful, often going beyond the norm to help their patrons. We have stayed there quite often, as we have many medical appointments at HSC. If you have medical concerns that bring you to HSC, be sure to make this known when you book your room as they have excellent rates for medical visits. We also tried l'Bistro this time and they have excellent Italian food. As always, the rooms were clean and well outfitted. And the parking deal is fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank valcrowe
Laura K, Director of Marketing & Loyalty Programs at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear valcrowe - Thank you again for posting your reviews of our property. I am very happy to hear about your positive experiences with our team. Everyone realizes that working nearby to a hospital may mean that our guests have a lot on their minds already. We try our best to relieve any stress we can by giving our guests our undivided attention. I am glad that you tried out 'l Bistro Mediterranean Eatery - I agree - their Italian-inspired food is fantastic! We are pleased to have you and your husband as our guests anytime and as always please do not hesitate to contact me if you require anything during your future stays with us.Thank you. Colin McBeath, GM Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel in Winnipeg. We had to go out for medical reasons and were fortunate to hear about the hotel that adjoins the Health Science Center Hospital. From the time we walked through the front door to the time we checked out we were treated with the utmost professionalism and respect. The location is excellent if you have reason to be at the Hospital and the security is great. The rooms are clean and bright and the restaurants are very conveniently located in the hotel. Great place to stay if travelling out for medical reasons.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Marilyn F
Laura K, Director of Marketing & Loyalty Programs at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our our newest location.. My team and I appreciate your favourable review and we also hope that your medical concerns are no longer an issue for you. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you. Colin McBeath, GM Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Spent one night at the Canad Inns at the Health Sciences Centre for a work visit. While I was thoroughly impressed with the beautiful room, the customer service and restaurants, I couldn't help but think how helpful and convenient this hotel would be for patients or families of patients at the hospital.The hotel is new so the room was obviously clean but it was also very nicely decorated. The bathroom is spacious and think the design of having the sink and vanity outside the bathroom very practical for people not travelling alone. I enjoyed my meals both at the restaurant on the main level and the cafe on the second floor. There is a lovely walkway/mall to take from the hotel to the hospital - so convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank flamesfans
Laura K, Director of Marketing & Loyalty Programs at Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our newest location. My team and I feel privileged to be able to assist in a small way the numerous family, patients and friends in addition to the corporate clients that need to visit the wonderful HSC campus. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again. Thank you. Colin McBeath, GM Canad Inns Destination Centre Health Sciences Centre