“Pleasant place to enjoy Sushi”
Review of Sushi Maru

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sushi Maru
Ranked #464 of 1,679 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Reviewed 25 July 2013

On our way through Winnipeg, we were at the opposite end of the city where we usually eat.
Happened upon Suchi Maru. Certainly not sorry we stopped in. Nice clean, eat in or take out restaurant. Lots of choices on the menu and a wonderful young man was out waiter. We will stop there again when we are in Winnipeg.

1  Thank Arlene N

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Went to sushi maru after reading reviews on here saying its wpgs best sushi. It was not bad but I can think of two other places that are much better (Wasabi and Naru). The rice was sticky and clumpy and many of the rolls did not stay together. The monkey's brain was an interesting dish but overloaded with avacado so much as it instantly killed any other flavors. The golden dynamite was another "interesting" roll. Rolls stacked in a tower and then smothered in a creamy sauce which again over powered all other tastes. I would say the quality of the food was affected by how busy it was but we were the only table in the place. Not completely disappointed, it simply didn't live up to its online hype. Prices were slightly high I thought for the specialty rolls considering the quality of sushi and service received. (some raccoon eyed high school student that obviously only has the job because she's family. Or at least that's my thoughts). Not bad sushi, simply not wpgs best as its touted. Again Naru and Wasabi as well as Yijiro are all better sushi, give them a try.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I have been to many different sushi places and I am very picky when it comes to sushi and fish quality. Everytime I have been to Sushi Maru, I have had excellent fish quality, good & friendly service and good astmosphere - I have never left disappointed!
The sushi is skillfully made and again the fish always excellent - even compared to high end sushi restaurants I have been to, and Maru is much more resonably priced than high end places. They also have a good variety of rolls and fish (including Ikura - not everywhere has it, and it is hands down the best I've ever had!).
I have been going here on average once a month for about a year now - and plan on returning many times to come!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The rolls at Sushi Maru are very tasty. They have a great sushi chef that's for sure. My 2 year old loved the salmon roll so much!! My wife and i really like the food here and the prices are very affordable. Thanks for another great meal.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I love the food at Sushi Maru but if you are new to eating sushi, it would be nice to see what you are ordering. My coworkers and I were so confused and we had to ask people we were with what every dish was to make sure we didn't order anything exotic. But I ordered some terriyaki thing, thinking it was sushi rolls, but instead I got a pile of noodles and chicken (which was fine) but I didn't have time to eat it because we had to race back to work. But the food is always tasty here. Mmm