“New and comfortable extended stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Having stayed at a Homewood Suites (also in Canada) on a recent extended business trip, I was eager to return to the brand for a comparable experience and HHonors points. The hotel is new, and though a few kinks are still being worked out, offered another very satisfying hospitality experience. The front desk staff was knowledgeable, courteous, attentive and prompt. The property interior is kept extremely clean, both rooms and common areas. Breakfast is good, with hot offerings, though a juice fountain machine (pitchers are available) and bananas would be nice extras. Hot dinner was generally good and the menu rotated nicely. Be aware that Manitoba does not allow complimentary service of alcoholic beverages, which is a Homewood standard, though wine & beer are available for sale. As per the hotel's website, the pool and hottub were closed until an inspector could clear for opening (with guest usage available at the nearby sister property), as the pool was too deep and had to be re-tiled to meet provincial code. The hottub could be set hotter (102-104 F), but the area opened on to the courtyard with grill (a nice feature). Fitness center was very nice with Precor cardio machines and TVs. Suite was well laid out, with swivel, wall-mounted TV and stocked kitchenette and work desk with desk-level power outlets for charging electronics. Free paper delivered every morning, though please consider subscribing to USA Today for American travelers. Step-in shower had difficulty keeping a steady hot temperature, despite maintenance visits on a couple occasions, though staff offered to move me to another suite. This Hilton property pantry does not stock Coke products, so front desk kindly purchased a roll-pack, free of charge, delivered to my suite and placed in the frig. Also, in casually mentioning my birthday, much to my pleasant surprise, they also kindly purchased a card and provided a plate of dessert goodies in suite. Free shuttle service provided not only to/from the airport but also nearby restaurants, shopping, etc. This was much appreciated. I would stay here again if working in the Winnipeg area, and compliment the staff (particularly the front desk supervisor gentleman) and management on a job well done.

Room Tip: Train tracks on the side of the front desk, so may want to avoid. I stayed near, but behind the ele...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hi Kevin

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel, the whole team were very happy that you felt at home and that they managed to resolve your difficulties to your satisfaction. We are still learning and tweaking a few small items, which will hopefully prove to be a further improvement on our service.

Thanks again , and please come back and visit us soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at the Homewood suites in early may, it had just recently opened, and everything went well.

The room (2 queens suite) was very spacious, well appointed and clean. The staff was very nice at check in/out and breakfast.

The breakfast was perfect and fresh.

2  Thank derloc12
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Derloc12

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback and thank you for such genereous comments. The whole team have had the opportunity to read your kind words, and have taken a great sense of accomplishment from them.

Thank you again for your visit, and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon

Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The staff are friendly and very accommodating. Breakfast, dinner and other refreshments are appreciated. Shuttle service is very awesome and available to people that stay at hotel Attendants at the front desk are amazing. This is really frustrating to have to provide 200 characters to complete this survey. I am sure I will not do this againl.

2  Thank Theresa P
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Theresa

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel, and thank you for your kind words! We all trust that you felt at home.

We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Except one employee was scary and rude but we avoided her the whole 19 days we stayed there! other than that, very friendly staff. Free breakfast every morning with very helpful servers and free supper monday-thursday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Francine K
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Francine

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home, it was a true pleasure to have you as our guest. I apologise that you found a member of my staff to be scary and rude; I would welcome the chance to discuss this matter further with you, in private, so that I may find out a little more information, and am then able to deal directly with the individual concerned.

However, thank you for your kind comments and we can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my first time in Winnipeg, and Canada. Found this hotel online, and being a newly opened hotel thought I would try it out. My stay was for 2 nights. My expectations were exceeded in every way. I checked in around 1:00 AM and the staff member was extremely nice and helpful. The technology in room was outstanding. Phone had an iPhone 5 cord sticking out to charge my phone, or play music. The alarm clock was sleek, elegant, and modern. I want one! The shower was really nice (it did leak on the floor outside the shower every time I took one) but not a big deal. The TV in the room was HUGE with plenty of channels in HD. Kitchen in the room was nice, even though I didn't use it. Overall a great experience. I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank burrisbs

Dear Burrisbs

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home, it was a true pleasure to have you as our guest, and we were pleased to read that you enjoyed your first visit to Winnipeg and Canada, we hope you make a habit of it now!

We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were pleased with our stay at the new Homewood Suites. Our room was spacious, immaculate and comfortable, and the staff was pleasant and helpful.
The hotel has only recently opened and the pool was not done and available for use at the time of our stay, but the hotel had arranged with the hotel just across the parking lot for use of their pool - not sure how that worked out but it was a nice offer.
We were told on check in that in addition to the shuttle service to the airport, they would also shuttle people to/from local businesses/restaurants. I thought this was a pretty great offer given that it is a bit of a hike from the hotel to the local shopping/restaurant area.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection of both cold and hot items.We had no difficulty finding something we liked to eat.
We had only one concern and that was with noise - not ongoing, disruptive noise, thank goodness, but it could have been. There was a period of time during the mid-evening when we could hear very clearly a dog barking...a lot. For a time we wondered whether the animal was in a room either beside or beneath us but finally determined that the dog was in the yard of a neighbouring property. It seems odd that we could hear it so clearly and, needless to say we were happy when it stopped.
That experience not withstanding, we had a pretty good experience and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank willow1963
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Hi Willow

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we are all pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our new hotel.

We trust that you felt at home, and we cannot wait to welcome you home again soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I were very impressed with the hotel, not only the facilities, but the staff. Without fail, from front desk to cleaning staff everyone was friendly and smiling. We would like to extend special thanks to your front desk staff Gurpreet and Amanda who went above and beyond the call of duty, from finding a newspaper for my husband to recommending a good local pizza delivery place. The service was prompt and friendly. The breakfast food was very good, fresh, and hot. Your hide a bed couches aren’t very comfortable to sit on, but that would be our only negative comment. Other than that the suites were very nice, exceptionally clean, and we appreciated the convenience of having some kitchen supplies handy. We would not hesitate to recommend your hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellen M
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi Ellen

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding you recent stay at the hotel, and thank you for your kind comments, as well as the email that you also sent. Our team have all read your comments, they all take great pride in their hotel, and strive to make every guest feel at home.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Regards