Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was a very comfortable 2 bedroom suite...slept 3 adults and 2 kids. Breakfast and dinner were included and excellent bonus. only issue was pool was too cold. we would stay here again and recommend to friends

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Paula

Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel, we truly enjoyed having you as a our guest. Hurry back to Winnipeg to see us again soon, as we would love to welcome you home once more.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our family of two adults and two children recently stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park for three nights.

The hotel is only a couple of months old so the condition of the building, rooms, and furniture is immaculate. I would classify the hotel as mid-range price wise, but it is certainly a leader in its class as far as amenities, size of rooms, and overall quality.

We stayed in a studio suite with 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa that easily accomodated the four of us. The room was huge and we had plenty of room with no tripping over eachother and lots of closet / dresser space to unpack suitcases.

The full kitchen was a really nice plus and it was modern and very clean. Granite counter tops, stainless steel full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and a two burner stove top made making quick meals for the kids very convenient. The room also had a large table where our son could do some homework. The bathroom was well lit and plenty of counter space. Wifi worked very well.

What also set the hotel apart from others in this price range was the exceptional hot breakfast each morning, served in a really comfortable lounge area (no cafeteria style seating here!).

Evening meals are also served Mon-Thursday (included in room price) and your hotel room has the evening menu on the refrigerator. The evening meals were not just snacks. For example, one night was lasagna + caeser salad + garlic toast. Another was roast beef + mashed potatoes + veggies. We were there on the weekend however, so we did not get to enjoy the evening meals. However, the breakfasts were very good every morning so I would expect that the evening meals were also good. What made the breakfasts a real pleasure was how pleasant and helpful the attendants were. They were constantly bringing out fresh food, cleaning off tables, assisting with the waffle maker, and chatting with our kids.

Front desk staff were also pleasant and super efficient making check in / check out a breeze.

Gym is nice with enough equipment and the pool was fine (albeit a bit too small for laps).

No problems at all during our stay. If I had to be picky, I would say that all of the pillows in the room were too soft for my liking.

We will definitely return to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Polo Park.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natronic774
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hi Natronic744

Thank you so much for such an extensive review, we were all delighted that you enjoyed your time in Winnipeg, and that we were able to help you feel a bit more comfortable. We are very lucky to have a very dedicated team that take huge pride in their hotel, and being a new hotel our facilities are very comfortable.

Thank you again for taking the time to say thank you, and hurry back so we can welcome you home once more!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very nice, new hotel. Staff friendly & helpful. I chose this hotel since I was in Winnipeg for business and needed to be at work by 5:45 a.m. most mornings, so I really appreciated having a full kitchen to prepare my own breakfast. I only experienced a very minor issue: on two occasions, Housekeeping did not restock the coffee packets and/or hand towels. When I notified the Front Desk, the issues were immediately resolved. :-) I would definitely stay at this hotel for future visits!

1  Thank Virginia T
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Virginia

Thank you so much for your kind comments, the whole team have read your thoughts which have given them the motivation to continue to treat every guest as if they were inviting them into their own homes.

Hurry back and see us again soon,

kind regards

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I'm currently staying at the Homewood suites, when I noticed the Managers temper towards her staff in front of guests and suddenly stormed through with tactless comments. However the front desk staff are very inviting also very accommodating, they should be handled in a manner way with respect. I was bothered by what I noticed. This hotel feels like home mainly because staff always go beyond expectations to make a guest feel like home and I will certainly be coming back. Food was perfect along with the kitchen staff being helpful. The pool is now open which is a plus in my books, house keeping seems to always keep my room spotless also. A days of hard work being away from home this is my ideal hotel.

A side note for the lady that was managing, you should really be giving credit to your staff with the amount of hard work they do. My 3rd stay and like I had mentioned I was bothered.

5  Thank william f

Dear William

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experiences at the hotel, and especially thabnk you for your kind words, the team take such pride in their work we are truely blessed to have such a dedicated team. Please accept my apologies for any discomfort that the female manager may have caused you, and rest assured that incidents like this will never happen again, it is totally unacceptable.

Once again thank you for chosing Homewood Suites, and please stop by and say hi if you get the time.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My sister and I stayed a week at the Homewood suites , only 2 months after it had opened. This hotel feels new... Clean, fresh with some nice amenities. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are great. The full kitchen ( including a dishwasher!) was great, as we were able to buy some food and store it in the full refrigerator. They even have a shopping service in which they will do your grocery shopping for you for a small charge. The beds were SUPER comfortable and the rooms were very spacious. We were in one of the least expensive rooms and it was very roomy. Breakfast ( everyday) and dinner ( Monday- Thursday) is free. We didn't have any of the dinners but the breakfast was quite nice. The location is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but it is close to the airport and Polo Park shopping centre. And given that nothing in Winnipeg is far, I would say it's pretty conveniently located for south end visits as well as downtown. The gym was also very we'll equipped with everything you might need for a decent workout. Didn't use the pool, but it also looked nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Susan F
Guy H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Winnipeg Airport-Polo Park, MB, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Susan

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your time with us; it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and the whole team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Hurry back and see us soon, so we can once more welcome you home!

Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've stayed in many Homewood Suites, but this one has to be the nicest yet. It's a brand new hotel, and in a very convenient location (close to airport, shopping, etc.). The pool was not yet open, but was expected to be within a few days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Good morning Keith

Thank you so much for giving our team such high praise, your comments have truely inspired our team to continue and develop on their already high levels of service.

Please hurry back to see us so that we may welocme you home once more

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Having stayed at a Homewood Suites (also in Canada) on a recent extended business trip, I was eager to return to the brand for a comparable experience and HHonors points. The hotel is new, and though a few kinks are still being worked out, offered another very satisfying hospitality experience. The front desk staff was knowledgeable, courteous, attentive and prompt. The property interior is kept extremely clean, both rooms and common areas. Breakfast is good, with hot offerings, though a juice fountain machine (pitchers are available) and bananas would be nice extras. Hot dinner was generally good and the menu rotated nicely. Be aware that Manitoba does not allow complimentary service of alcoholic beverages, which is a Homewood standard, though wine & beer are available for sale. As per the hotel's website, the pool and hottub were closed until an inspector could clear for opening (with guest usage available at the nearby sister property), as the pool was too deep and had to be re-tiled to meet provincial code. The hottub could be set hotter (102-104 F), but the area opened on to the courtyard with grill (a nice feature). Fitness center was very nice with Precor cardio machines and TVs. Suite was well laid out, with swivel, wall-mounted TV and stocked kitchenette and work desk with desk-level power outlets for charging electronics. Free paper delivered every morning, though please consider subscribing to USA Today for American travelers. Step-in shower had difficulty keeping a steady hot temperature, despite maintenance visits on a couple occasions, though staff offered to move me to another suite. This Hilton property pantry does not stock Coke products, so front desk kindly purchased a roll-pack, free of charge, delivered to my suite and placed in the frig. Also, in casually mentioning my birthday, much to my pleasant surprise, they also kindly purchased a card and provided a plate of dessert goodies in suite. Free shuttle service provided not only to/from the airport but also nearby restaurants, shopping, etc. This was much appreciated. I would stay here again if working in the Winnipeg area, and compliment the staff (particularly the front desk supervisor gentleman) and management on a job well done.

Room Tip: Train tracks on the side of the front desk, so may want to avoid. I stayed near, but behind the ele...