West Gate Manor
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
US$114
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 March 2013

John and Louise are wonderful owners. The room, bathroom, living room, dining area were all clean and very well managed. I love the wood floors and the attention to detail like the stairs and nice area carpets. They left the light on for my return in the evening and were always punctual with the breakfasts with something different every morning. Both John and Louise were easy to have conversations with on just about any subject. Coming from California I had a wonderful experience here and was glad I selected this over a generic hotel. They didn't have a swimming pool or fitness centre, so I didn't rate them on these. BTW, I really enjoyed the rain shower. I have not experienced these before.

Room Tip: I had a smaller room as I didn't really need much space. I walked through the larger rooms. All of them seemed comfortable to me.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rziebol
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed in the West Gate Manor for two nights. John and Louise made their home feel like it was our home. I am a sixth-generation Winnipegger who hadn't been in the great city for 12 years, so the choice of a B&B was really important to me. I recommend West Gate Manor to anyone who appreciates the history of a city (the B&B is in Armstrong's Point, a neighbourhood created over 100 years ago for the well-to-do), is looking for a comfortable night followed by a great breakfast and who enjoys the hospitality that puts "Friendly" on Manitoba license plates.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Louise and John are perfect hosts. It was my first visit to Winnipeg. Once I got my rental car at the airport I found myself calling Louise just about every mile to make sure I was driving in the right direction. The house is beautifully appointed, the room where I stayed was comfortable, and the bathroom tub was a delight to slip into and take a long hot bath. The food was out-of-this world. Once I arrived home it was a crude awakening that I now have to make my own breakfast.

I highly recommend the West Gate Manor. The hosts, John and Louise, are warm and welcoming. If you get the chance, book your stay with them.

Room Tip: Every room at West Gate Manor is a must stay!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Over all our stay was very nice but the LACK of a decent breakfast "Varied each day to stimulate your taste buds, breakfast is more then a delight to your senses and pallet" as described on the website was sadly disappointing. It wasn’t boxed cereal and dry toast but on our last morning of 3 it was just us and somehow I thought there might be extra care or something fresh from the oven to great us but sadly it was 3 pancakes & a few strips of bacon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CrashedJ
Reviewed 21 November 2010

They didn't answer my e-mails when I wanted to make my reservation. At that time I should have made a reservation at another B&B or hotel. Unfortunately I didn't. They don't clean the rooms or the bathroom. You only get new towels. Breakfast comes straight out the microwave. The owners aren't very welcome. The bed was the only good thing about this B&B. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo