“Poor as far as camping goes”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
Rubber Ducky Resort and Campground
Ranked #54 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I am sitting at my campsite right now writing this review because I have nothing better to do as I try to hide from the sun in our poorly treed campsite. Older parts of campground seem fine, but after we made our reservations online in what we believed was the tenting area behind the pond (as "tenting" appears in purple on the website), we were stuck with a campsite in the back with no trees and thus no shade. Not good when it's 30 degrees outside. We were excited to come here but were disappointed, poor customer service too, the girl gave us poor directions to our site and also had no idea what I was talking about when I inquired about a reservation behind the pond in the "tenting" sites. I was simply told I was in a tenting site. Thanks but tenting and no trees doesn't work to well.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank WinnipegCamperz

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Had a nice relaxing weekend at the Rubber Ducky Resort. We have been there many times and we also have fun in the pool and visiting with people we meet. Everyone is very friendly there and always willing to help others out. We were able to see the new pool that is going in and they are adding more camping spots. We may decide to become seasonal campers when every is ready, which I think is July. Our kids really excited to try out the new pool!

Keep up the great work! We will be back again soon!

JP

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

we have been seasonal campers at Rubber Ducky Resort and there are good points and bad points of the campground. They really could work better on their customer relations and smile more and be more friendly especially since we are seasonal campers and yet we still feel that the owners are rather standoffish and pretty much don't do more then they have to when there is a problem with drunks in the pool. In our opinion, when there are drunks in the pool they need to go, the pool is too small as it is and with drunk loud people who are rude and swearing it is not proper for us young families to have to be subjected to that and we should not have to tell the drunks to leave, that should be the owners responsibility. Also, they could use some work on the mini golf, it is falling apart and you can't even shoot your ball into the holes because the green carpet is full of holes and lumpy surface not flat so playing golf is a waste of time and money. I sure wish the shower area was away from the restaurant!!! I really hate walking past people in my robe with my children when people are eating their meals. They have a back door, why not use it for a private entrance to and from the showers and put up a privacy barrier wall from the showers to the back door. Last year was our last year, we decided to try another resort and change it up a bit.

great food though....

NOT TO STAFF....LEARN TO BE MORE FRIENDLY.....SMILE, IT GOES A LONG WAY!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank wertogonext
RubberDuckyResort, Manager at Rubber Ducky Resort and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Guests at Rubber Ducky Resort and Campground are always encouraged to bring their comments to the staff’s attention during their stay as opposed to posting on an anonymous review site after the fact. Any guest concerns are dealt with immediately once brought to management’s attention.
There may be certain times that campers observe inappropriate behaviour before our staff becomes aware of the situation. In such situations this should be reported to the office. Anyone using the pool (or other facilities) in an unsafe way is first given a warning to cease the behaviour, then will be asked to leave if the actions continue.
The mini golf was refurbished prior to last camping season and we are unsure of the basis for this comment. There is no charge for seasonal campers to play mini golf.
As the reviewer notes, there is an entrance to the washrooms area that does not involve walking past the table area of the Rec Building.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at the campground with some friends in August. We had a very nice time. We are planning to stay there again next year.

Becky B

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Becky B
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I don't normally write reviews but after our stay at the Rubber Ducky Resort, I wondered what other people had thought. I was surprised to see negative comments on this website because this did not seem to reflect the impression I had of the place. We had a nice spot, not too far from the pool area. On the weekend we (my wife, son and myself) were there, it was halloween!!! I zipped to the local town (which was really close) to buy some candy and I almost didn't buy enough. There must of been 100 kids in all kinds of costumes coming to each site! This tells me that this is a great campground for families and especially kids. That night we had a lovely fire and chatted with some neighbors we had met that day. As for the campground staff, they seem very nice and courteous. The facilities were clean and the rec centre is open all night. (I played pinball a few times). Anyway, I don't get the other reviews or why they seem to want to deminish this great location. I will be staying there again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great family campground.

Regards,

Bill

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank William B
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This is my first time leaving a review on any web site I be leave word of mouth is the best way to let people know the good the bad and just the worst.
I first heard about the rubber ducky resort from some good friends who had be off and on visitors and did a year or two seasons,so we packed up from winnipeg and headed to this country placed resort that bases there resort on a friendly family resort atmosphere.
Well I can personally tell you I would have more fun in a walmart parking lot,friendly?yeah right! The walmartians that we all see from emails from our friends are more friendly than this location,to quote my boss" poor attitudes"live and breath at this location,I don't know if the money that comes into this location blinds the owners to a point that they look away from the troublemakers or maybe its a lack of interest. We even had one man come up to us while we were at a event with our daughter proclaiming he
was"THE MAYOR" I don't know about you but I felt like running a campaign to get him voted out, after our run in with "THE MAYOR" we brushed him off like dandruff off our shoulders"if we had dandruff". We did finally meet up with some wonderful people from brandon who took us for a proper tour and introduced us too more people who didn't leave a bad taste in our mouths. I will say this the R.D.R grill young ladies who cook, do make a good hearty breakfast and dinner i would recommend this location for food. besides meeting the wrong people at first.
The only things I would worry about are some people"who think they are a"MAYOR"
To recap this location has some serious concerns.

• Stayed: April 2011
7  Thank truthshallsetufree
RubberDuckyResort, Front Office Manager at Rubber Ducky Resort and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Rubber Ducky Resort does not solve personal issues between campers. Someone stating that they are 'the Mayor' does not violate any of our campground policies and therefore is not a campground issue. We would suggest that any such personal issues with another camper be discussed with that individual and not posted on an anomyous forum.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We had never heard of Rubber Ducky Resort and Campground but when a deal came up with TeamBuy Winnipeg, we decided to purchase 2 sites for 2 nights. In anticipation for our camping weekend, we checked out their website and thought it sounded like a great place for a family camping weekend.

As soon as we arrived, we thought “Ew, NOT what we expected!”. Upon check-in, the staff was very friendly. They pointed out our camping spots and when we saw we were going to be right between the busy entrance to the campground and the rec centre, we were quite disappointed. The one spot was long enough for our RV but not at all wide enough. We couldn’t even open our awning. We were also afraid to light a fire in the fire pit since it was so close to the RV.

The bathroom/shower area is in the same building as the rec centre/store/restaurant/office. I hated having to walk through all that just to go to the bathroom. Seems to me a private entrance to the bathroom area would be better! The pool was nice and clean but way too small for a campground. It is slightly bigger than a private back yard pool. It was packed the whole weekend. The play structure area is good for toddlers. My 6 and 9 year old kids were way too big for the swings and slide. The mini-golf is ok, but nothing to write home about. It’s as plain as it gets. The campsites are very small and wide open. No privacy at all! We also found there was a lot of traffic. Large half tons going by all day. Likely because we were right between the entrance and office.

Overall, a very disappointing experience. We will NEVER go back and would NOT recommend this place to anyone. Funny how the reviews on the campgrounds website are all so positive.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank jrt12340
RubberDuckyResort, Front Office Manager at Rubber Ducky Resort and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

When making the reservation these guests were informed of the recommended camper length for this campsite. They made the decision to put a longer camper in the site in order to have two campsites together. Unfortunately this did not work out for them.