“Best chicken fingers in Winnipeg”

Mitzi's Chicken Finger Rest
Ranked #159 of 1,679 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The chicken fingers are juicy and perfectly fried. The breading is not too thick and has just the right amount of crispiness. The honey dill sauce you get with them is just okay though, but the excellent chicken makes up for it.

I've stopped ordering the fries though, those are always disappointing.

I always find the service good. Even during the lunch rush they bring everything very promptly.

If I was rating just the chicken fingers they would get 5/5 easily, but the mushy fries and the bland honey dill bring them down slightly.

1  Thank brittacos

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We were looking for something close to our hotel and many people said the chicken fingers were really good. They were totally right! The best chicken fingers I have ever had! The restaurant was packed, but we still got our food as takeout really quickly! Super friendly staff!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Great to see a family owned restaurant 35 years old. Great chicken fingers, very quick service and low prices.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

They are good, but not as good as their reputations says. Still just deep fried chicken. The ambiance is nothing special and it is always crowded at lunch time.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Mitzi's is a couple of blocks from my hotel, and after hearing the hype from a couple of locals, I figured I had to try it. I am not normally a chicken finger fan, so find me surprised to discover they are extraordinary. The fingers are tender. The batter non-greasy. The honey dill dip is amazing. I ordered them with chicken fried rice which was mediocre, but the fingers made it worth it.