“Best sushi in the city”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Winnipeg
“Best sushi in the city”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I have tried many sushi places and this is by far the best one Winnipeg has to offer. The prices are high, but I guess you get what you pay for. My husband and I usually end up here for birthdays/anniversaries as we can't get enough of it!

Winnipeg
“Best Sushi!! I'll drive far and wide for it!”
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Asahi is by far the best sushi restaurant in Winnipeg! They used to be downtown and I was a regular there (once a week). Their menu was fabulous and Lisa (owner) always made sure the service was great! Since they moved to Charleswood their atmosphere has been incredible and their menu items are just to die for! I drive 40 minutes to go there and I wouldn't think twice! You have to try their Explosion Roll, their Spicy Rock Shrimp and well... EVERYTHING!

1 Thank pboge
Winnipeg, MB
“Terrible service, good sushi”
Reviewed 21 December 2008

After being told that the only seating available in the near empty restaurant was the sushi bar, we were ignored completely by the servers until we flagged someone down for a menu.
After ordering, our meal came out in what we would consider reverse order - sushi rolls, tempura, then miso soup. When the server brought out the miso, we were told rather curtly that they had to make a new batch - no apology given. We sent it back, and it was clear by the expression on our servers face she was not impressed. At no point did anyone come back to check on our meal, and we once again had to flag someone down for more water.

The food itself was good enough for take-out sushi, but I will avoid eating in at this place.

Detroit
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than Sushi”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I love their signature sushi but you got to try some other entrees from this place. The rib eye barbeque is awesome and their Udon noodle is one of the best! Lunch box is great, too.

1 Thank rheesy1004
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“best in town i would say”
Reviewed 26 July 2008

best in town i would say

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook