“Gone downhill...”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Gone downhill...”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My husband and I used to go here a lot, about once a month for at least a year. The food, atmosphere and service were really good, the fish quality was usually pretty good, sometimes a little frozen. Salmon was typically good, but sometimes the tuna and other white fish was a little off. The wonton soup was very good.
Now, the service and food used to be great, but we kind of gave up going here when three times in a row we had bad service and poor food. We would always get pizza sushi, but the last time we both were quite certain they used regular mayo instead of Japanese. And the service that used to be so good and friendly became slow and inattentive without even a smile.
Its probably nearly a year since we've been here, we may or may not try again in the future. It's a shame, it was once a really good all you can eat place, over a year ago I would have rated this place way higher.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank KAG87

Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious Japanese Food!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had the wonderful experience of going to Mooshiro Japanese Restaurant for lunch today.
I was a bit wary at first; it is advertised as an all-you-can-eat restaurant and in my experience, those types tend to churn out their sushi with a bit less care because of the huge orders they get.
I was pleasantly surprised to see a very diverse menu of food, and ordered the Yakki Udon for myself while my husband ordered some Bokkeum Bap. As I understand some of our food is Korean in origin, but that didn't stop it from being delicious to eat!

This is more than just a one-stop shop for all-you-can-eat; they have some interesting looking plates available (off the buffet menu) and I'm looking forward to going back!

• Visited June 2012
Winnipeg
“May be Closed”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have been by Moosiro for lunch several times in 2012 and each time it has been closed. Very disappointing when you're all ready for all you can eat sushi and it's closed when you arrive. The location still has everything inside and looks as though it is operational aside from the front door whose glass has been replaced by plywood. I have no idea what is happening with the restaurant.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Grant P
Calgary, Canada
“good all u can eat sushi with wide selection”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The sushi was quite good here despite some negative reviews i read earlier....I like Sushi and this place is definitely worth trying for the all u can eat .....Beef tempura was excellent as well as spicy pork and spicy squid....Just do it......

• Visited November 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great all you can eat”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Its not my favourite place to go. But if you want to try a whole bunch of different items at one price- you cant go wrong. All the sushi has been very tastey in my opinion. A nice treat to do the sushi dinner all you can eat style.

• Visited September 2011