“Amazing! Mooshiro is back!”
Review of Mooshiro

Ranked #563 of 1,679 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We've been coming here for years, and last night was definitely the best meal I have ever had here. Our plate was so beautifully presented (carrot origami!!!!) that I didn't even want to disturb the dish! Everything, including the raw salmon, tasted fresh and, well, yummy! I will definitely be back. Good luck to the new owners of the restaurant (you guys are clearly off to a great start!) Will be back very soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Just went by a few weeks ago for the first time in years for lunch. I was drawn in by the new lower pricing, but was disappointed when I got there to see it was tiered. So basically, if you wnat the true *AYCE* of everything on the menu, then the price is actually higher than I remember it originally (now mind you, I have been out of the country for quite a few years, so I don't know how long this pricing has been in effect)

Food wise, it is good. Not great, not astounding... but it si good and has never disappointed me. If I am in the area and looking for a safe choice that I know won't disappoint me, then it's a great choice.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

My husband and I used to go here a lot, about once a month for at least a year. The food, atmosphere and service were really good, the fish quality was usually pretty good, sometimes a little frozen. Salmon was typically good, but sometimes the tuna and other white fish was a little off. The wonton soup was very good.
Now, the service and food used to be great, but we kind of gave up going here when three times in a row we had bad service and poor food. We would always get pizza sushi, but the last time we both were quite certain they used regular mayo instead of Japanese. And the service that used to be so good and friendly became slow and inattentive without even a smile.
Its probably nearly a year since we've been here, we may or may not try again in the future. It's a shame, it was once a really good all you can eat place, over a year ago I would have rated this place way higher.

1  Thank KAG87
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I had the wonderful experience of going to Mooshiro Japanese Restaurant for lunch today.
I was a bit wary at first; it is advertised as an all-you-can-eat restaurant and in my experience, those types tend to churn out their sushi with a bit less care because of the huge orders they get.
I was pleasantly surprised to see a very diverse menu of food, and ordered the Yakki Udon for myself while my husband ordered some Bokkeum Bap. As I understand some of our food is Korean in origin, but that didn't stop it from being delicious to eat!

This is more than just a one-stop shop for all-you-can-eat; they have some interesting looking plates available (off the buffet menu) and I'm looking forward to going back!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have been by Moosiro for lunch several times in 2012 and each time it has been closed. Very disappointing when you're all ready for all you can eat sushi and it's closed when you arrive. The location still has everything inside and looks as though it is operational aside from the front door whose glass has been replaced by plywood. I have no idea what is happening with the restaurant.

1  Thank Grant P