“first impression”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2013

not very homey ,not very inviting,average welcome,premises looked very dated,friendly waiter,good service food very average price was ok

There are newer reviews for Paradise Restaurant

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We have eaten at paradise many times in the last 2-3 years. And although it's a little run down and dated, the service has always been informally fun, and with the exception of one dish out of all those visits, the food was very very good indeed! It's not a fancy place, but it is appealing in a kitschy sort of way! Would recommend it, just don't go there thinking it's the Ritz, cuz it ain't! But it is good food for good value!

2  Thank terry k
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Went for lunch with a group of friends. Some of us wanted something besides the lunch special and were told it could take 45-60 minutes. The lunch special was 2 slices of pizza and salad or pasta. We could not understand why it would take so long to order a different kind of pizza or some different pasta. Opted for the pizza & salad lunch special. Pizza slices were large and filling. Taste would be average but it may have been that I was not a fan of the toppings they offered. Salad was fresh. Service was good. Maybe dinners are better when you can order from a full selection on the menu.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

There are two restaurants by this name. One on Leila and the other on Portage at Broadway. This review is on the Portage location.

We dined with 6 friends and the experiance was better than I thought it would be. One of our party was late in meeting us, but the waitress kept coming around to see if we wanted anything. Once the late party arrived, the waitress appeared to take our order and answered all our questions about the different choices. She made everything sound so tasty it was hard deciding. The wait for food was not long and when it arrived there was plenty. You will not leave hungry. I would even go so far as to say, you will most likely be bringing home a doggy bag. We did.

The soups came first. A vegatable type soup that was rather bland until I added Parmasen cheese to it. Then it was much much better. Everyone's salads came next along with home made garlic breadsticks. They were fantastic!! My order came with the house salad but my hubby's came with the Caesar. Again huge enough to share and both were great.

I had the Lemon Chicken which comes with your choice of rice or vegy's. I chose the vegy's, Green and yellow beans, which came on a seperate plate and were enough for two people.

Hubby had the Lasangua rolls, someone else had the Chicken Parm and yet another had Veal Parm. All was delicious.

We were so full, there was no room for dessert. The price was average for the amount of food you receive, and if you are like us, you will have enough for lunch the next day.

The restaurant itself was a little dated but the food made up for it. I would not only recommend this place, but I plan on going again - soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We have been eating at Paradise Restaurants for years. It has been same family owned and operated for 34 years (Portage location opened in 1978 and Leila opened in 1983) We have had, I'm sure, everthing on the menu from veal, chicken, pasta, pizza to specials. We may have not cared for some of the entrees but I'm sure other customers love them. It seems that some people have a meal that does not appeal to them and then they pick at everything. Staff has always been attentive, some of them been there for years. Sometimes there may be an off night (everyone has one). Try Paradise Restaurant again and we hope you enjoy your meal.