“Great food and service... Renovations inside needed.”

Paradise Restaurant
Ranked #317 of 1,712 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

My family has been regulars of this restaurant for 40 years. Never a bad meal and normally great service. This place could use a renovation inside for sure but I can't bad otherwise. Pizza, pasta, salads; and breadsticks ate all to die for. The service is usually great although a few visits haven't been as good. The bad reviews for this place are most likely disgruntled former employees or welfare cases that live close to this establishment that have nothing better to do than gripe.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We used to go there 3 x a year but stop for 2 years until last week. The ambiance still great but the menu was changed and was disappointed to find out the dinner for two was changed. But, the server was so helpful and we were willing to pay the price to have it again. He did not disappoint, the taste and portions was like we used to have before the changed of ownership. Great customer service deserve great rating. We were so glad we decided to stay and enjoy the place again. Chicken Parmesan,spicy sausage are my favorite still.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I used to work at this place in the 80's so my parents think I'm still 18 and insist on taking me there every time I come to Winnipeg.

The food is exactly the same as it was when I worked there and a few employees as well. Saw a man try and send back a raw chicken parmigiana but was told he'd be charged half price since he ate some of it. Not surprised at all.

My table was disgusting. They just kept adding linen napkins on the table to cover the sauce stains from the previous customer. Add on top of that the parking is in the back alley by a neighbourhood that can only be described as sketchy and "street" people waddle in to sip coffee and play VLT's.

The pizza is and always has been the best in Winnipeg and the bread is fabulous.

I'd never go if my parents didn't drag me there kicking and screaming.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I used to order pizza and dine at the Paradise when I lived in Winnipeg and loved it. I have left the city over 20 years ago but when I come back to visit I always order from Paradise! The staff are always so friendly , the service is fast and the pizza is wonderful! I just discovered their thin crust... Nom nom nom.......

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have been coming to Paradise for 30 years now, and it is our favourite pizza in the city - delicious crust, and lots of toppings. The pasta and salads are also very good, and the breadsticks are excellent. Portions are very generous - we always have enough left to take some home. I don't think we've ever had dessert, as we never have room. Food is a bit slow to arrive, but it is cooked to order, not fast food. They have good lunch specials, and it is not a problem to get in and out at noon with a group from work. Long-time servers are informal and fun. The decor has changed some over the years, but that isn't what we go for. It is comfortable and clean. The arrangements for free parking after 5 pm at the government building next door is handy.

1  Thank Yolanda S