“Tasty drinks, ok service, poor food.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wok House Restaurant
Ranked #463 of 1,666 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We placed our order for two dishes and two drinks, right from the menu. There's no prices on the drinks but we took a chance. It's a small dining room (much bigger space for the lounge next door) and there were only 2 couples eating on a Saturday evening.

The waitress came back to say they couldn't make our drinks because they had no lemon juice, could we choose another option? (Walmart is less than a 5 minute walk, why no lemon juice? No lemon juice eliminated 75% of their cocktail options)

Our food arrived in good time, but it was really poor quality. My Honey Lemon spicy chicken was super sweet, and had no spice. It was almost inedible even though I was hungry and I left over half on the plate. The other dish was very heavy on the garlic. I doubt anything is tasted before it leaves the kitchen. Seriously the worst Chinese food I have ever tried.

We took a chance on a local place, but I doubt we'd ever return.

There are newer reviews for Wok House Restaurant

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

The outside looks run down, but don't let it fool you. The food is tasty, and they give you plenty of it. Definitely a great deal for the hungry traveller

1  Thank Vcoesherman2
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We get take out from here about once a week as it is good, fresh and reasonable. The food is consistently good, the veggies are still a little crunchy instead of cooked to death, and if they use MSG, it is in low amounts. They also have a dining room - we have found that the portions are a little larger in the restaurant which is a bonus. The service is excellent, andthe decore is clean and in good repair if a little dated. All in all, it is a nice homey friendly local restaurant. I recommend the mushroom egg foo yung- it is our fave.

1  Thank Dmon96
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Not only are the choices diverse, the quality of the food is excellent. Dinner was pre-ordered for New Year's Eve pick-up, the food was ready on time and was piping hot and fresh. I would highly recommend this location (McGregor & Partridge).

3  Thank Canadvisitor
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I highly recommend the deep fried veal or lemon chicken. The Almond Gai Ding is also very good with white chicken breast pieces with celery, carrots brocolli and other veggies covered in almonds. Very nice. Plus it has Karaoke on Tuesdays with lots of hot girls.

2  Thank SteveB1977