“I love this place!!”

Cuisines: Mexican, Central American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The food here is so delicious and homemade. I've really enjoyed the sampler platters, as well as the chicken burrito. There's a bit of wait as the food is all made from scratch but it's well worth it.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I love the cozy atmosphere and warm and friendly service every time I come here. The food is amazing just like in El Salvador! Love this place!!

1  Thank WpgEats
Reviewed 30 September 2013

hI, we all enjoyed our first visit for my husbands birthday this past April, worth the driver from out of town!
service was great, so hospitable, clean and comfy,,ffod was great and tasty., all i can say is they sure know how to cook and let you experience their culture, so looking forward to our next vivist this friday another birthday...

only wish is that , they were open for lunches on the weekend. but with that said, it is okay.
thanks for being the best little prize in Winnipeg...

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Don't know why this restaurant gets good reviews. We paid for a litre of wine for $10 more than else where to start. I ordered a Tortila chip apetizer. It had 10 chips on the plate cheese some puréed beans sauce and a small amount of fried beef also on the side. I also ordered gucomole on the side which was very good for gucomole. Well that was a $13.00 plate. I was asked how was it. I did inform him I was disappointed. I was told it was small so I would have room for dessert! Not exactly what I want to know. My wife ordered a combo plate which some of it we enjoyed but it was really quite blande. We left quite disappointed. My wife enjoyed being carinaded though. It had a Mexican feel although the cuisine is actually Alsalvadorian.

2  Thank Wesley A
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went here for the first time on a Wednesday around 5 pm. The place was part of Southglen mall, which made me a bit nervous but the menu was posted and looked good. We went in and the place was completely empty (no surprise at that early hour). Nonetheless, we were asked if we had a reservation. We said no, and she said OK, then she would give us one. We kind of laughed to ourselves, but the restaurant started filling pretty quickly up so I'm sure she had good reason. I guess a lot of people make reservations, but somebody came much later than us and got a table easily. We tried to order really quickly to get our order in before the two or three other tables that came in after us. I believe we waited about 40 minutes for our food. My husband and I both ordered horchata, but she said they only had one left, so we got a sangria as well. The horchata was very good, as smooth as milk. I'm used to them being grainier. They have some unusual juices as well, like chan. We both ordered combination platters with the chipotle chicken tortilla soup. We both really enjoyed the soup, which had some bite. My combination platter included the "enchilada" (not like the kind you get at Mexican restaurants; it was like a round taco chip with a meat sauce on top), a corn tamale wrapped in a corn husk, a chicken tamale wrapped in a banana leaf, and a pupusa (which I think was pork and cheese). All very tasty. The room was cute: terracota coloured walls with a bright yellow table. When we were done dinner, we waited to see if desserts would be offered but we were left alone. I assumed they didn't serve dessert as there were none listed on the main menu and no dessert menu appeared. Eventually my husband went to the cash register to pay as no bill appeared either. He waited perhaps 10 minutes or more before somebody came to the cash register! Apparently they do serve a pavlova according to other reviews here; I would have loved to try it as I love meringue. Instead, we went next door to Enzo's Gelati. Staff are sweet and I think the service is slow because they don't have a lot of staff and they are making food from scratch.

1  Thank rtw2010