“Knock on the door if it is locked!”
Review of Vi-ann

Vi-ann
Ranked #522 of 1,643 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Winnipeg, Canada
“Knock on the door if it is locked!”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

It may be a challenge to get into the restaurant as they tend to forget that it is time to open their doors, but it is worth a visit. Great bubble tea and vietnamese cuisine is authentic!

Visited July 2012

“Eggplant? You betcha!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The decor, as with many Asian places, leaves something to be desired. The food, however, is fantastic. The eggplant with tamarind sauce sounds unusual, but is one of my favorite things... and I don't even like eggplant!

Winnipeg, Canada
“When I'm not in Winnipeg, I miss this place”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is my favorite budget restaurant. While I was in Germany, I missed the hell out of their Deluxe Won-Ton soup - it bloody awesome. Their honey ginger chicken is to die for, their ginger beef is excellent, as is almost everything I've ever ordered off their menu. I prefer to go here for group birthdays etc. since the most you end up paying is $20. And that's bringing food home with you. The last time I went with a group, we ordered a crap load of food, paid $15, and everyone that wanted to took some food home. Yes, the service is horrible, but they're super friendly and once you get their attention, they're happy to help out...it's just getting their attention!! The owner is a super nice guy, and does remember you if you go there on a semi-regular basis.

• Visited July 2011
Helsinki
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“my favourite vietnamese”
Reviewed 22 April 2009

i always get either the pho or delux vermacelli bowl with a side of spring rolls.
classic. delicious. and i get it everytime i go home to winnipeg.

Winnipeg or Brooklyn
“DO NOT ORDER OUTSIDE OF THE BOX”
Reviewed 19 April 2009

This Vietnamese restaurant in Winnipeg is slamming. They make my favorite vegetarian bunn in the city and an excellent Vegetable chow mein. They add tons of fresh vegetables and the sauces are great. There is a word of warning however, DO NOT ORDER OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. This is really serious, if you order anything beside the vegetarian bunn or the chow mein I can not guarantee you will like it. They do a few dishes well and the rest beware of. One time we walked in and decided to order totally wild and funky. This was a big mistake, but it was only after the fact. We ordered the shady lemon chicken and something weird with vegetarian duck. We have never strayed again, because we stick with he two trusted dishes. This review is totally positive.

1 Thank Marishinka