“Terrible Service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Description: The Beachcomber Restaurant is located at one of the most popular and historic destinations in Winnipeg, - The Forks Market. The Beachcomber Restaurant is a great place to have a meal, a drink or just relax with a hot beverage. If you're looking for Seafood, Pasta, Steak or Chicken we have many delicious dishes to feed your appetite. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I never write reviews but this was the worst experience I've had at a restaurant in a very long time. The service was terrible. It took over 15 minutes for our drinks to arrive (for two people) and no water was offered in the meantime. After asking the waitress how long the food was going to take, since we had to be back at work in an hour, she told us that it would be about 30 minutes. We decided to wait and after almost 45 minutes, we still didn't have our food and the waitress offered no explanations or apologies. Four tables that arrived after us, not only got their drink orders before we did but they also got there food before we did. After an hour we finally got our food but had it packed up to go, and after all of that the fries were stale and the bread on the Miami club was hard. Ridiculous. I will never go back!

Thank tarynamanda13 .

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was a friends' birthday and I had never been to this restaurant before. It's in a great location and while the decor is somewhat blah, the hostess and staff were very friendly and attentive. The drinks were good and is the reason why I would come back for drinks ONLY. I had the crab stuffed pickerel and I erroneously assumed that it would be fresh. Not even close. The meal reminded me of the frozen food at the bottom of your freezer that you forget about, and then heat it up just to see if it might be salvaged. This is what they served me on a bed of rice pilaf that lacked any sort of flavor. If they can't serve something decent for the prices they charge, then take it off the menu. It's large enough that they should be able to do some signature items really well.

2  Thank hardern
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Went to Beachcomber for lunch.Attentive and friendly staff.Good selection of meals for lunch at reasonable prices.Most prices were $14.00 to $18.00 for lunch.I had a tasty if somewhat sweet ginger beef wrap,with skinny fries and a fairly watery coleslaw.The overall taste of everything was very good.My wife and daughter had the onion soup and Ruben.Soup was good but a little over salted but the Ruben excellent with lots of homemade corned beef.Only problem was we weren't told the 15 % gratuity had already been added as we were a large group.I then added another 20 %.I feel we should have been informed about the gratuity being automatically put on before settling our bill.Otherwise an enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Beachcomber at The Forks was another restaurant before & I have to say that lunch was very good! Almost surprisingly good because we didn't know they were there! Service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry & the wait was more than worth it. Great portions-I had fish & chips & was almost filled right up-but had to leave room for dessert. The French onion soup-a little pricy but very good & I like my French onion soup! The steak sandwich my friend enjoyed was excellent-he couldn't finish so I was forced to! And my other buddy devoured the burger which for him was most unusual but I could tell it was great because he left NOTHING on his plate.
It's on our list for a return coming up for lunch. Bring an appetite & prepare to chow down for a while to really enjoy everything!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went there with 2 other couples, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the meal and dining experience. Service was attentive, and the menu options for the special were very good. The main courses were all presented nicely. I had the pickerel which was wonderful. The wild rice pudding for dessert was a bit heavy to end the meal with. We all left happy, and we all had a nice evening there.