“Not bad but needs improvement”
Review of Schnitzel Haus

Schnitzel Haus
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Halifax, Canada
“Not bad but needs improvement”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

FYI, my relatives are immigrants from that area of Europe. I found the schnitzel was thickly breaded and the pork cutlet inside was pounded thin. The red cabbage was not the greatest. I did like the bratwurst though which was included in this platter. I would have enjoyed the sausage special more. The schnitzel platter was pricey but the two sausage special seemed reasonable. I would stop here again possibly for sausage dishes in the future.

• Visited June 2012

Canada
“Not my first choice”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This isn't by far my first choice in restaurants but i am also a picky eater. Just found that you weren't able to have things the way you wanted them unless they have more then one order or the same thing.

New Brunswick
“BEST GERMAN RESTAURANT I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Schnitzel Haus is actually located in Aulac NB on the New Brunswick/Nova Scotia border. It is directly off of the exit on the Trans-Canada hwy. Authentic german restaurant right down to the waitress. I have eaten here 5 times. I have tried the Jaeger Schnitzel and the cream and cheese Schnitzel. Both are delicious. I love spatzel and it is very good here. I also like the red cabbage side dish. I had a piece of homemade black forest cake which they normally don't have, it was very good as well. The only comment I would make is that are usually lacking a good desert menu which is uncommon for a german restaurant of this calibre.

• Visited October 2011
Lancaster, Ohio
“A great choice for road trip food”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Whether it's a trip to PEI or back and forth to the U.S., we make an effort to arrive in Aulac in time to eat lunch or dinner at the Schnitzel Haus. Big schnitzels, fried properly, with your choice of veal, pork or chicken as the meat and an amazing choice of sauces as accompaniment, if you are so inclined. The spaetzle and warm potato salad are always delicious. The brats are enormous, well seasoned and tasty. If you're not up for such a hearty meal, the goulash alone, with its rich broth, is worth the trip. Service is friendly, if sluggish at times.

• Visited August 2011