“Handicap accessible!! Wonderful place full of history”
Review of Campobello Island

Campobello Island
Reviewed 11 August 2014

On a whim after touring Prince Edward Island on our way home we went to Campobello Island. We toured the exterior route and found many spots that were handicap accessible for my wheelchair which is a real treat. Campobello Island is so remote and unique well worth the trip..

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I spent a gorgeous day on Campobello, We started at the visitor's centre where the lady was friendly and helpful. We toured the Roosevelt Cottage and learned a lot more about our late president's life and his family. The exhibits were interesting and informative and the guides in each area were ready to answer our questions and contribute added information. We then ate at a restaurant just down the road and had a delicious lunch. From there we went to the West Quoddy Head Light area and took many photos. We ended our day at Mulholland Light, just before the bridge. There we saw a seal in the water which pleased us no end and brought a perfect ending to the day.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

After 8 days of no power from hurricane Arthur, we took the kids on a day trip to this island right in our own backyard. We hiked the Liberty Trail which was one of the most beautiful, scenic, family friendly, and rewarding trails I have hiked in ages. Once you reach the "Sunsweep Scultpure" at the end it's a perfect spot to take a load off, relax, and reflect on the magnitude of beauty this earth has to offer us!

2  Thank Xterramama
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I drove a series of roads from FDR Park to Liberty Point, at the tip of the island, facing the West Quoddy Head Light, about a mile across the water. There are a lot of places to stop and many photo ops along the way. Cranberry Point Drive, across from the entrance to FDR park is the starting point. The roads are not paved, but they are also very drivable, with only an occasional dip to really slow you down. I found the best view of the Head Light was from Upper Duck Pond, although you can also get a pretty picture from the more picturesque Liberty Point. If, like me, you like to explore the places you go to, this is an excellent place for exploring. Take your camera and some water and plan to spend an hour or two with a view of the USA from New Brunswick, as well as some very nice scenes along the way.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Campobello Island is overrated, not a lot to see and food very expensive. The one attraction that made the trip worthwhile was the Roosevelt Cottage. A beautiful place with very dramatic views. The tour was great and worth the 2 to 3 hours we spent looking around and asking questions. I would go back again if I were in the area just to see the cottage a second time.

2  Thank CaptNick2013