“First time for us”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #60 of 226 Restaurants in Fredericton
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
“First time for us”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

On a busy Friday night we had a shorter wait than expected, atmosphere was good, service good, nice variety of food. My steak was a bit on the tough side as others have mentioned, while my wife's pulled pork sandwich was fine. $3.00 for a soft drink a bit much, but we would try it again if we ever run across another one somewhere.

Visited July 2013

Fredericton, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We have been here twice in the past month and both times we were really disappointed. I am not sure if there was a staff/managment change or what but the first time my food was undercooked and the second time the portion size was horrible. Each time we ordered the same meal and the comparison was ridiculous. On the second visit when I brought the portion size of the potato smashers to the waitress attention (keep in mind they are in small dishes and I have ordered many time before, this was not just a little less then usual but the bottom of the dish was barely covered and it had 4-5 mini potatoes in it that actually looked mashed) she seemed to not care, snickered something and walked away. The same trip my husband had to ask for a fresh ketchup bottle 3 times before finally going and taking one off another table. Maybe it was a busy day but at the time the restaurant was almost empty so I don't think this was very acceptable. Not sure if we will be returning anytime soon.

Visited March 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“Typical Chain”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

They try to be cute. They offer a pretty good variety. They do put on a moose hat for birthday people and sing a stupid song. Like I said, they try to be cute but they come off as ordinary and a little boring.

Their steak was actually quite good but even that had a chemical flavour that tells me the marinade came from a factory somewhere.

Eating here is the same as eating at an Outback or a Chili's, medium quality food that gets boring fast.

Oromocto, Canada
“Wait for service took forever”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We entered to an almost empty room and yet were seated right away and waited for service. |Took over half an hour and three waitresses just to get our drinks. Then we waited again for someone to take our order. Another long wait and more staff walking by us and ignoring us. Finally we grabbed a waitress and complained and were finally given the chance to give our order. And wait some more. It left me wondering what they might have done with our food. It was not a pleasant experience and we will not be going back.

Visited July 2012
Durham Bridge, New Brunswick
“Great food”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

One of my favorite places to eat. I had their fish and chips fish was very good but the fries I found very salty. But other than that very tasty. nice place to eat out as a couple night or family.

• Visited April 2013