“Second chance gets a passing grade” 4 of 5 bubbles

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #72 of 222 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Steakhouse, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Gagetown, Canada
“Second chance gets a passing grade”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is only the second time I have eated at Montana's. I was not impressed the first time and avoided it. I gave it another chance on the weekend and enjoyed my food a great deal. My wife and I shared the shrimp appetizer and it was outstanding. She had the burger which she enjoyed and I tried the rib bites which I thought were very good. I am glad I tried Montana's again and will notw start to slip it into the rotation again. I gave it an average rating but it was above average but not very good. It was good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Take out take this”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Recently my wife and I had one of those rare occasions that we did not have any kids home. We decided to take advantage and order take out from Montana's. We relished the idea of a thick Juicy steak done just the way we ordered.
That is where the fantasy ended. Then reality reared its ugly head and we got what Montana's thought we wanted.
I ordered my steak rare and my wife ordered Ribs. Both were far from being edible. My steak believe it or not was dry as dust. It was well done. The onion stuff that they throw in with the dinners was horrible. It was done as if it were a last minute edition. Not much thought went into it. In fact not much thought or care went into providing either with us a meal that was enjoyable and that matched the hefty bill.
My wife's ribs were thick with sauce and therefore she could only taste the sauce. It could only have been served that thick in order to hide the toughness.
Once again they added that onion side dish which tasted like something you buy at a cheap carnival.
We never complained since we both believe that if they had any type of quality control that these two dishes would never had made it out of the kitchen.
The fact that they serve this poor quality food for their take out customers really speaks volumes. We for one will never make the mistake of ordering from Montana's. They really have their nerve calling them selves a steakhouse.when they can't cook a rare steak.
Save your money and buy your next steak from a local butcher and BBQ it yourself. It will be done the way you want and will not disappoint.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank micksizepint
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Worst meal ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I travel alot all over eastern Canada and northeastern US. Generally I do not say much about the restaurants i eat at but tonight is the exception. We went for supper at Montana's in Fredericton,NB. Do not waste your time. The meal was probably the worst i have ever eaten, My steak was overcooked (i asked for medium rare) the fries were cold. The wife's steak was way undercooked (she asked for well done) to the point it was rare. Had we of not had to wait so long and been so hungry we would of sent it back. The only good thing about the night was our server ( Catelyn) she was amazing. For a steakhouse I think Montanas should teach their chef (sic) the difference in rare to well done. I was not impressed in the least.
Calvin

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank CalvinStC
Owen Sound, Ontario
“Great Food, Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The restaurant looked like most other Montana Restaurants but the service and food are exceptional.
The young lady who served us was very polite and easy to engage in conversation. She was good with kids too.
The food was fantastic - great tasting and good portion sizes. The roast chicken was done just right. The kids had chicken fingers and pasta - all good.
If you are in the area - this is a terrific spot to sit down and eat with a family or solo.

The friendly service and good food made it memorable and we will stop again.

• Visited August 2013
nictau,nb
“Daughter's favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My daughter recently decided steak was her favorite food so I decided to try Montana's in which we was not disappointed. The staff was friendly, loved the atmosphere and the food was fantastic. My only complaint would be the price, but the quality made up for that. We will be return customer's for sure.

• Visited May 2013