“Pet friendly - dated property”

Comfort Inn Fredericton
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Burlington, Canada
“Pet friendly - dated property”
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on my way to NS. The room was musty smelling and quite dated. Other than that I would say it was just ok. Not all that great or bad. It was nice to have a place I could stay with my doggie.

• Stayed August 2012
Krista M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
We appreciate all of our guests’ comments; it’s helpful to see things through fresh eyes.
We’re happy you chose to stay with us and your doggie as well!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toronto
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Frederiction for 8 nights while in New Brunswick for work. The location is great, with plenty of restaurant options on the street. The rooms were exceptionally clean and breakfast was included. Where I would fault the hotel: it is pet friendly and on one night, I was next door to a dog who chose to bark all night long. I also found the parking lot/entrance to be fairly tight.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
The Comfort Inn Fredericton is certainly in a great location, thank you for noting that. We are within minutes walking or driving distance to many restaurants, shopping and gas stations. We are also within minutes of Fredericton’s city center.
If you ever have any issues during your stay with noise or accessibility please let our staff know, we have them on hand 24-hours a day to help with any questions or concerns.
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Very nice. We were stuck in Fredericton due to a vehicle breakdown. Need more washers and dryers. Breakfast was good but high carb fast food. But the main thing was no bedbugs and the staff was very friendly. Room had fridge and microwave but some of the rooms don't. Pillows were small but the bed was comfy and large. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
We are happy to see you found our guest coin laundry of help during your unscheduled visit. We are pleased that you had such a comfortable stay, despite the stressful situation you were in.
We would love the opportunity to see you again at The Comfort Inn Fredericton, perhaps under more relaxing circumstances!
LONG ISLAND, NY
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel is very clean, a little on the pricey side but everything in Canada is. They were very accommodating to us, we travel on a motorcycle and the put us in a first floor room with patio door for easy access to the bike. Room was very nice, bed comfortable, breakfast was the usual fare. Overall a very nice hotel in a good area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
With almost half of our 100 rooms having separate patio door access, many people choose to stay with The Comfort Inn Fredericton. It’s a great bonus feature that we love to offer to our motor cycle loving guests.
We are happy you had such a comfortable stay and would love to serve you again during your future travels!
Lakeshore, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here in July/12 after a 13 hour motorcycle ride out to the east coast. It was about 8:30pm when I arrived with no reservation. I wanted a non-smoking room and they only had a suite left and a ridiculously high price. They said I could have a smoking room and a much more reasonable rate. I indicated I wasn't going to be discriminated against for being a non-smoker and that I would accept the non-smoking suite and the smoking room rate. The clerk who was very friendly looked at me odd and met with her co-worker. After a short discussion I got the suite at the lower rate. I got 2 card keys and I tried every door off the parking lot and they didn't work. I went back, they programmed them properly and they worked.The motel is older and it looks like Comfort Inn may have recently bought the property. I had a 2nd floor suite. It was quite large suite, pretty clean but dated. The bed looked newer and was pretty comfortable. Check out was fast and easy. The free breakfast was good. I normally would not have stayed here but I was tired after a long day. It would do in a pinch.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Krista M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fredericton, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
We appreciate your comments and welcome the opportunity to clarify some of your experiences.
For anyone looking to stay with us, we certainly do not discriminate against non-smokers.
As noted above this was a walk in reservation in our busiest season rather late in the evening. Our non-smoking suites are higher priced because they are suites, not because they are non-smoking rooms.
We realize not everyone can plan well ahead but we can only offer rates on room styles we have available at the time of booking.
The best scenario for more variety of room styles and rate options is simply to book as far in advance as possible.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Woodstock
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have been staying at this location for 10 plus years in my travels across Eastern Canada and I am somewhat surprised at some negative comments. I have found this location one of the finer places and suggest the following
- select a room in the rear - the newer section
- if there is a problem, let the staff know in a positive way, and pick a quiet period at the desk
- this location has the greatest selection of breakfast items and it expands every year
- their prices are competitive in the area; however, joining an organization helps (CAA, AAA, CARP, AARP, etc
- smile
- and if that is not enough, then okay, it just makes it easier for me to book a room if you stay away!

Room Tip: the old part is average, pick the back newer section
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard E
I must say your “tips and comments” are pretty great and I hope others will find them useful as well. We certainly appreciate your loyalty over the years and look forward to giving you the service excellence you have come to expect from The Comfort Inn Fredericton for another 10 years!
Thanks!!
Chester Basin, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This past week-end we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Fredericton to attend a dog show. The room and bathroom were very clean and the beds very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast offered a good choice including cereal, yogurts, cheese, muffins and even included boiled eggs. The breakfast room did get crowded but there was the possibility to eat at one of the three tables outdoors. Check in was speedy and the staff courteous. When we booked our room and mentioned that our dog would be staying with us the staff member suggested that, should we leave our dog crated in the room while we were away, that we leave our cell number with the front desk ...... a good idea we thought and one we appreciated. The Comfort Inn is very close to the downtown area, being not more than a 10 minute drive away. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet would recommend a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a thoughtful commentary.
It is good to know that you had such a great experience staying with us at The Comfort Inn Fredericton.
We are very proud of the overall comfort and hospitality you received during your stay.
We will certainly pass on your comments to all of our staff.
Thank you again!