“pleasant staff”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Winnipeg, Canada
“pleasant staff”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had a great stay....it was a bit off season and they upgraded our room....staff were very helpful and had nice breakfast facilities ....good location....room was very nice and we asked if there was a fridge .....they brought up a small bar fridge for us....everybody there went out of their way to make our stay pleasant ....will stay there again...Cheers...Grant and Maria...Winnipeg

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grant i
johnwaite, Director of Sales at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear grant i,

Thank you for your positive comments. Good customer service is very important to us and I am pleased that your requests were addressed.

I will ensure our employees receive your positive feedback.

Looking forward to serving you again.

Lori Murrins
Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Victoria
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Our stay here was great! We had just spent 6 days in downtown Toronto and the Fredericton Inn was superior in comparison! The room was large, the bed was very comfortable, the shower was fantastic and the staff were very friendly. Being able to go downstairs for breakfast, at a great price, was a bonus. Close to the mall gave us many opportunities to shop, go to a movie, or out for a meal. We will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Kim T,

Thank you for writing a review on our property. Receiving excellent reviews from our clients helps us to realize that our hard work by our team is appreciated.

We share all comments with our departments and your recommendation as a place to stay is very much appreciated.

Miramichi, New Brunswick
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have stayed at the Fredericton Inn many times and although the service has been superior, the rooms did look tired. That has changed. I stayed in Room 250 this time and what a difference. Excellent job, Management of the Fredericton Inn. The room I stayed in looks brand new and I am not sure how long it has been since it has been renovated. Kudos to your housekeeping staff for keeping it so fresh and clean. Patio is now gone but has been replaced by a window that opens, so you can still get the fresh air that you may desire. Staff have always been top notch no matter what time I have checked in or out. I know they read these comments because something was said at the front desk a little while back when I did a review. I believe in being fair but accurate, so when I say this hotel deserves a second chance to impress, I am not joking. The barking dog after I checked in was a little annoying after an hour or more but if they allow dogs than I guess this is out of their control, I did not bring it to their attention, so I need to put up with it and shut up.

Room Tip: Think all the rooms have been renovated but if not ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Mike C,

I would first like to thank you for supporting our family business several times while visiting Fredericton. As a client who stays multiple nights in hotels we are pleased to get an excellent rating from you.

As an Owner/Operator I am committed to making our property well received by all. Recently we have done some major improvements in our hotel rooms and are still looking forward to adding Fibre Op Internet, High Definition Televisions and expanding on our French Channels within the next 45 days.

We have new carpets ordered for an additional 25 rooms and our hallways to be installed before February 2014 and a regular rotation of new beds and flatscreens by that time as well.

Once again, I appreciate having you as a client and look forward to your continued support. Your comments are always welcome.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

I was in Fredericton for a few days for a meeting with the other founder of a charity I run and not only did the hotel offer a room but the hotel itself was amazing. The pool and hot tub were clean and just the right temperatures and the rooms were clean. Very friendly service. Wouldn't stay anywhere else

• Stayed September 2013
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear BajanGirl1992,

On behalf of the 90 people who work here at the Inn, I would like to thank you for your comments. They have been shared with our personnel and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Visiting friends in Canada from the UK, we did a road trip for our first week and this was one of the 6 places we stayed in on our travels. Arrived quite late with no reservation, the lady on reception was very helpful and was able to offer us a family room with a king,Queen and a single bed at a 145.00 dollars with full cooked buffet breakfast included for the 4 of us, how could we refuse. We were able to drive up to the french doors leading to our room which was very cosy and I must say very clean. Had a great nights sleep after a long day on the road with fresh linen and hot shower, breakfast was amazing (loved the sausages)!! Staff at breakfast were very friendly all in all highly recommended. Thankyou Fredericton Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear 1958Trish55,

I would like to thank you for recommending our property to others. Our team here at the Inn work hard to create a memorable stay for each and every one of our guests and we appreciate your king remarks.

I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and our city and I hope your visit to Canada was equally enjoyably.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stay on night there. One stop on the road.
The room was very quiet and comfortable.
The spa and pool are not accessible for my mother. She has a lot of difficulties to walk.
It's near of principal road and shopping center.

Room Tip: the breakfast was not include in our reservation. The pool was not accessible because a lot of teen...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Lalyan,

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind review of our property. We appreciate all of our guests and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We arrived and because of my husbands needs we asked for a drive up room. Got in and settled - we both needed a rest after a hard drive through the rain and wind. The door coming into the hall way (right beside our room) was not working properly - banged everytime someone came through it. We went to the desk - they appeared to be aware and offered to move us to another room. This was a longer walk for my husband and not that easy for him but again got settled in. Ordered something into the room for dinner as it was pouring rain. Later we discovered the toilet was not flushing properly and at 10:00 p.m. the light in the bathroom went out. Called front desk they sent someone right away - toilet got fixed but the light couldn't be fixed. So my husband went to the van and brought in a large flashlight so we would have a little light in the bathroom. The did offer to move us again but three moves in one night and I was already in bed - no thanks. Next morning when I checked out they asked how the stay was - I ran through the events of the prior evening and she (the clerk on the desk) called the manager right away. He came and I told him our story and he apologised over and over and bottom line was a considerable discount off our bill. That I appreciated.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms beside the entrance doors coming in from outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Larry C,

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us on your trip. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced here at the Inn.

I have brought your concerns to the Head Supervisors of both Housekeeping and Maintenance and we have developed an action plan for a more thorough site inspection of our property.

I am pleased we turned this situation around on Check Out and proud of Mr. Brewer's (Front Desk Manager) customer service and ability to create a pleasant ending to your stay,

We appreciate our clients giving us feedback on our Inn so we can improve our product for all.

Wishing you safe travel,