Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel
US$83
Orbitz.com
US$100
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjames joyce pubthe rivermaverick roomart galleryterrace restaurantgrand staircasesteam roomwithin walking distanceolder hotelqueen streetdecent sizefarmers marketthe air conditioningbusiness tripdowntown areasaint john riverearly check
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for one night in June. The hotel is well-located, adjacent to downtown and backing onto the St John River. Staff at reception were helpful although they failed to point out that Priority Club members can park at the front of the hotel (on its forecourt) rather than in the main car park at the side of the hotel. As a result we had a long trip with our luggage. It is worth pointing out that the front and side entrances to the lobby don't lend themselves to travellers with a fair amount of luggage. The room was good quality although a little expensive at CAD 230, and the hotel facilities were also good. There are pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance if you don't want to eat and drink at the hotel. The bar area is very dark so it doesn't make a great place to stay for more than one or two drinks.

Room Tip: Pre-book an upgrade request.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Stephen G,

Thank you for your review and feedback, it is very much appreciated. I am delighted to know that you were pleased with our downtown location and very glad to know that you enjoyed our property. I have shared your feedback with our staff so that we can take necessary steps to continue to improve our services and products.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

First of all. Top top quality service from the front desk. Donald is great at his job. Very friendly, very patient and actively work to interact with our 3 year old daughter. He was also very knowledgable about local attractions and restaurants. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The pool was amazing. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear FrozenNorth2014,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will make sure to personally share your wonderful comments with Donald.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza from June 27 to June 29 for a convention I was attending with friends. Right from check-in the room was much larger than I was expecting, including a stunning bathroom with Jacuzzi. The room was clean and I had no issues with anything not working properly (TV, AC, ect.). They have a good size pool including hot tub and sauna that we made use of as well.

I think the only feedback I could give was that because of the convention, there were a lot of people using the parking area who were not staying in the hotel. Paying hotel guests should have priority with the parking. Other than that it was a great stay and I look forward to going again next year.

Room Tip: I would definitely request one of the Jacuzzi equipped rooms. They are much larger than the standard rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello Tim B,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate the feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and amenities at our hotel. We will certainly review your comments about the parking situation with our team so that we will be able to provide better experience to our hotel guests.

We look forward to see you again!

Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

With a slogan like this on your drink coasters, how can you go wrong? Large, luscious room with comfortable beds, loads of clean fluffy towels and a stunning view of the magnificent St. John River. I don't expect Lord Beaverbrook would have blinked at the silverfish scurrying across the bathroom floor but I did. Once the renovations are done and the bugs settle back down this will indeed be the perfect place to "Drink, Think, Relax"!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hello Kay S,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Fredericton – Lord Beaverbrook. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful location. We appreciate your review very much and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I am not quite sure who Lord Beaverbrook was, but I can surely say that I felt like royalty while staying here. As an IHG rewards club platinum member, I have never felt more welcomed at any location in the world! As a platinum member, I got a room upgrade to an executive room with a view. I got extra bonus points. I had a plate of freshly baked cookies awaiting me with water in my room. I had a reserved parking section in the front of the hotel. The parking fee was waved. And, I got a 2pm late checkout. Nowhere... ever... has treated me so well!
As for the facility itself, it is well located near a charming downtown. The riverfront was a lovely place to walk. The room was clean and all team members of the hotel were friendly and capable. I really look forward to revisiting this property during future travels through Canada. In the meantime, I must study up on my Canadian history.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CPFredericton, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lord Beaverbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello LEGGROOM,

Thank you so much for your review and great comments. We are very pleased that you were able to enjoy all of the amenities we have to offer.
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Regards,