“Always a great experience”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Dieppe, Canada
“Always a great experience”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Delta Fredericton, fresly and very recently renovated, is a warm, friendly and wonderful place to stay, whether it be for family, leasure or work related reasons, you cannot go wrong with Delta Fredericton :) Staff are very friendly and always welcoming :) Merci beaucoup ! A la prochaine !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear WendyDieppeNB - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. I enjoyed reading your review of your recent stay with us, and I'm happy to know that our friendly and welcoming staff certainly add to your overall experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future! Happy Holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I have never written a review on hotels, but we often check the reviews on tripadvisor when travelling to new areas.
Although we've stayed at this hotel many times since it opened years ago, this was our first stay since the completion of the renovations, plus it was a special occasion with family joining us for hors d'oeuvres in our room and dinner. And WOW, Cheryl at the front desk and Nadine who spoiled us in our room service did make it a very special occasion.
For brevity, I say great, clean, renovated hotel at a beautiful location on the river; awesome treatment by staff and excellent food at their restaurants...highly recommended if you want a first class hotel with service which is a cut above the rest.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have the better view, but we had a great large room facing the city.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Camille D - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. I'm certainly happy that you and your husband chose to provide us with your feedback, and we're happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our guest service, recent renovations and culinary delights. We will be sure to share your compliments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future! Happy Holidays!
Victoriaville, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I don't usually write reviews on Hotels but since we had such a great stay at the Delta Fredericton, we had to mention a few people. We stayed in room 409 from Dec 3rd to Dec 5th. The room was very clean with a nice view on the river. Cheryl at the front desk took very good care of us and our dog, she would always say hi and give my dog some treats. Sarah at the Starbucks downstairs was also very friendly to us and remembered how we liked our coffees from the last time we stayed here. We were very impressed by the fact that these two employees remembered who we were and what we were doing in Fredericton. To us, this is A+ customer services. We would recommend this hotel to anybody who is here for fun or business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the river, it is beautiful even during winter time.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Luger48 - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. It was a pleasure reading your review of your recent stay with us and we thank you for the wonderful feedback on two of our employees; we will be sure to share this feedback with them and congratulate them on providing excellent guest service. We look forward to welcoming you, your wife and your dog back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!
Calgary
Reviewed 3 December 2013

All rooms updated in the last couple of years, I found all aspects of the hotel, including my king room, to be excellent. Set right on the river, there's some nice walking to be done. Short drive to downtown. Great staff, good restaurant ($27 buffet breakfast is a bit much). Room was very spacious, immaculately clean, stylishly furnished, beautiful bathroom, free in-room internet (if you are a Delta rewards member...free sign up) was very fast and allowed VPN passthru (good for biz travellers).

The only partial annoyances were the noise generated by the bathroom vent which couldn't be turned off. Not a huge deal as it was quieter, though still audible, with the bathroom door closed. The other was the relative lack of parking. I'd expect more parking for a hotel this size.

I absolutely plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a room facing the river. The windows aren't huge, but it's still nice to wak...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear dbandbb - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, including our hotel renovations, beautiful view of the St. John River and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future! Safe travels!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the Delta Fredericton recently for an event.

There was plenty of parking for the car and check in was quick and easy.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the one I was in had a balcony door.

The bathroom was clean and well laid out.

The TV was well positioned and very good.

I did not try the internet so I cannot comment on it.

I had a meal in the dining room and it was excellent - great flavor, good service and a reasonable price.

I also stopped in the bar for a drink and to hear the entertainment, it’s a great spot.

The hotel is located in a great location beside the river so I was able to take advantage of the nearby trails and do a short run.

It is about a 5 minute drive from downtown.

I would recommend the Delta Fredericton.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Seafoodtraveler - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at hotel in early September Great accomodations, very attentive staff and clean rooms. Would go back when in Fredericton as this is very centrally locayed. Wifi signal and business center made trip comfortable. Compliments to the Front desk staff who were very helpful in every way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Delta_Manager_FRE, Public Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear oldbeerlover - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, including our newly renovated accommodations, amenities and friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton on your next visit to our beautiful city!
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had heard bad things about the Delta Fredericton in the past, but heard that it was renovated last year, and thought I'd see what it's like.

It now looks like most Delta hotels across north america and must say that the rooms are some of the largest I've had in a hotel.

The front desk staff was friendly, as I was served by a trainee, however he informed me of all the imenities the hotel has to offer.

I enjoyed the large TV in the room and the couch to watch it was comfortable too, having a robe in the room was a nice added touch.

The only complaint I had was the shower in the evening took a long time to warm up, I attributed this to being on the 6th floor and it taking a while for the hot water to reach the shower from the boiler room. In the morning I had no issues with it though.

I would highly recommend the Delta to anyone staying in Fredericton. Especially if you need to be downtown for business as it was a quick drive to downtown however the hotels at the top of town can take much longer to get downtown in rush hour.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear goldenflyte - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on-line. Thank you for giving our hotel a try, and I'm happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that our employees and amenities were able to enhance your experience. We appreciate the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Fredericton in the future!